Women and Cigars....does your wife or partner share your passion?....would you like them to?

she shares my passion for cigars.She's excited to watch me open a new box of sticks,smell them and watch me smoke them.

This! I love that my girlfriend supports my passion, and I can tell she has become more interested the deeper I've gotten into the world of cigars. She loves the smell which means I get to enjoy her company and the company of a fine cigar at the same time. Who knows, maybe she will try one someday. But for now, no complaints!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My lawyers advise me not to comment....

I share the occasional cigar with my wife Marie. This weekend, we had a Behike 54 each to celebrate the most recent addition to our family (Emma, 3.5 months old). Highly enjoyable evening. That's

My wife hates it. I don't care. Is that bad?

My wife likes the occasional Montecristo Open Junior or sometimes a #5. Maybe once a month or so. What she dislikes about my hobby is my cigar breath when I smoke - apparently it's pretty bad.

What she dislikes about my hobby is my cigar breath when I smoke - apparently it's pretty bad.

Yeah, I get that too a lot... :(

• Like 1

My wife shares my enjoyment of a good cigar and bourbon, rum or port to go with it. She even suggests what cigar we should smoke and has earned the title that sounds like Cohiba Witch. I truly enjoy having someone to smoke with and it makes it easier to justify buying all those boxes since we go through them twice as fast.

My girlfriend will always hit off of mine when I smoke, or occasionally smoke one of her own. She's partial to the Mag 46 or just about anything Partagas. The culebra is her favorite Partagas. It really cracks her up.

My daughter will smoke with me if I offer her favorite, a Siglo I

Both are cigarette smokers so their 'nicotine of choice' is a ciggie. I posted before that my girlfriend rolls her own so I got her some nice flavored pipe tobacco (nougart) to mix in with her regular stuff. It makes the aroma much more tolerable to me.

-Dan

. What she dislikes about my hobby is my cigar breath when I smoke - apparently it's pretty bad.

This, plus my wife can't understand the difference between smoking a cigar vs cigarettes. In her mind they are the same and I'll be dead by 70 if I smoke too much. So I wouldn't say she enjoys my cigar passion and 100% has no interest in smoking with me. I'm hoping she becomes wiser with age and more supportive with time, but who knows. Until then I continue to expand my collection and enjoy my cigars with friends. Cheers!

My wife likes the occasional Montecristo Open Junior or sometimes a #5. Maybe once a month or so. What she dislikes about my hobby is my cigar breath when I smoke - apparently it's pretty bad.

Thera-Breath mouthwash and toothpaste works great. Fiancé found it, no more complaints.

She doesn't smoke. She supports. Sometimes she rolls her eyes. Mostly, she just looks the other way when boxes come in. She's the best!!!

Mine is the same. She also enjoys the smell, smells new boxes and listens to me ramble on on occasion.

My bride actually likes to smell the aroma whenever I get a new box, or sniff on a wrapper before I light one up, and she will occasionally take a puff, but as a cigarette smoker she feels afraid of cigars because she keeps forgetting not to inhale. This has happened a number of times to her and the outcome was not good. So she's cigar-shy when it comes to actually smoking them, but she enjoys the aroma as long as I ventilate and don't leave stinky butts laying around.

And she wants to try some Cuban cigarettes.

My wife used to smoke for a few years,her favourite was the Flor Fina 858.She lets me smoke wherever I like and when.If by any chance I don't light up she asks,what no stogie tonight?Once in a while she takes a few puffs from my cigar.cigar.gif

Wifey does not like at all and despises how I smell after a smoke. But, I quickly shower (once a week even if I don't need it) and she never says anything about new boxes or the absurd collection. She knows I like them and it relaxes me.

I have just recently delved into the cigar world. My wife is a nurse and I gave up smoking cigarettes when my 4 year old daughter was born. I have amassed quite a collection for being so young into the cigar world. I definitely know my mailman by name. I work 60+ hours a week and don't have time or am too tired to have a social life after work or on my days off. My wife encouraged me to go out an join a local cigar club to decompress. She was very happy that I don't smoke cigarettes anymore (I am a cancer survivor) and understands the difference between cigars and cigarettes. She doesn't understand the cigar world, but is happy that I have found an outlet to be social and have a life outside of work! She sees the boxes come in, but she doesn't know the amount spent on my collection! I doubt she would mind though, she wants me to be happy. I am very lucky to have my wife!

She does tolerate that I am a cigar smoker. She loves the aroma of some of my boxes. She hates few of them and says oh hell that smells pee. Yeah yeah the good fresh ammonia hahaha. She has never complained about it. Time to time on holidays I tend to smoke 2-4 on a day and the question comes: wasn't it enough? But truly accept the fact that its a passion. I dont complain about hers. So yeah not a problem at all. I dont smoke close to my kids or indoors at home. Thats about it.