Women and Cigars....does your wife or partner share your passion?....would you like them to?

My gf says i stink whenever ive smoked and returned home.  Pretty much everyone i know says they stink.  Maybe they r right.  Oh well :)

I can honestly say if she knew how much ive spent on them the past year we would not be together. Luckily im super sneaky when necessary. 

• Like 2

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My lawyers advise me not to comment....

I share the occasional cigar with my wife Marie. This weekend, we had a Behike 54 each to celebrate the most recent addition to our family (Emma, 3.5 months old). Highly enjoyable evening. That's

My wife hates it. I don't care. Is that bad?

My Mrs reckons I'm off my head, made the mistake of going into a cigar shop in Edinburgh with her one day and she was stunned at the prices they sell for here. Took me a while to convince I don't buy many sticks in the UK. 

As long as my life insurance is paid up, she says I can smoke all I want :lookaround:

No, seriously, she sometimes joins me.

• Like 2

GF will sample from time to time, will take a draw or two and politely comment on occasion, but does not enjoy cigars the same as I.  However, she does a fantastic job or staying engaged when I ramble on about them; commenting months later and drawing commentary from past conversations.

"Oh wow, you rated "x" that high?  That's a surprise because (insert info about marca/vitola/box code/age etc..)".

Budget wise she approves of my choices and encourages me to splurge, especially when she knows that it's been something I've tracked for a while.  She's even going halfsies if I ever get an aristocrat. 

Doesn't smoke my stuff, I can converse about my passions, free monetary reign.  She's very supportive and I appreciate that about her.

2 hours ago, miurajus said:

GF will sample from time to time, will take a draw or two and politely comment on occasion, but does not enjoy cigars the same as I.  However, she does a fantastic job or staying engaged when I ramble on about them; commenting months later and drawing commentary from past conversations.

"Oh wow, you rated "x" that high?  That's a surprise because (insert info about marca/vitola/box code/age etc..)".

Budget wise she approves of my choices and encourages me to splurge, especially when she knows that it's been something I've tracked for a while.  She's even going halfsies if I ever get an aristocrat. 

Doesn't smoke my stuff, I can converse about my passions, free monetary reign.  She's very supportive and I appreciate that about her.

You're a lucky man ??

• Like 1

My wife has become a very CC snob of sorts. (I love it).   Cigars now must be anejados. She loves the Partagas anejados  and 2007 Trinidad Robusto Extra's. 20 Year Taylor Fladgate Tawny Port as well.

The last 2 times to Cuba she did not like the new stuff, and insisted we bring our aged stock!

I'm a lucky guy. Not only does the girlfriend not mind the smell or care if I smoke in the house, she enjoys a cigar with me.

Her favorite cigars are the Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure No 2 and Ramón Allones Small Club Coronas. Always need to have stock on hand for her. She also has a little private stock of custom rolled Juanita Petit Coronas that are aging from our different visits to Cuba.

A few weeks ago, we were sitting by the fire pit in the back yard. I'm smoking a 2002 Ramón Allones 898, she's smoking a 2010 Hoyo Epicure No 2 and she takes a puff, looks at it and says to me, "You know, I swear the Hoyos are better in the 50 cabs." Atta girl. ;)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

She loves to say that I'm "cut off" for 24 hours, never happens, but it's just her way of asking me to not make it an everyday habit.

My brother and I smoked a couple inside the house during The World Cup but that's about as often as I can get away with it... Every four years, that is.

I can't say that I would like her to smoke cigars with me; but, I would appreciate her spending time with me while I do smoke... She tends to disappear when I light one up!

I have limited smoking privileges. My better half does not share my passion but being a reasonable type she has been disturbed by friends who forbid husbands smoking in the house. "It's your house too." she says. So, I have a chair by a window that I fill with a small fan blowing out. Sundays and other times when she's out I light up. Sometimes a friend or two comes over to watch a big sporting event and she's fine with us stinking up the place. Once she told me she likes the aroma of good cigars but now she denies having ever  having said it!