Women and Cigars....does your wife or partner share your passion?....would you like them to?

When In Maiori Italy for the AMICIGAR event last month and later in London I caught up with the lovely Sarah Saunders who is the founder of the Womens International Cigar Club which is based in London but has members (sisterhood) world wide.

We discussed the world of women and cigars and my thoughts turned to how many members on FOH actually have wives or partners share their passion? It may not be to the same degree mind you....but I am intrigued as to whether your partner shares the occasional puff, sits down to enjoy a cigar with you, or just plain hates the whole cigar hobby/passion you have!

Or do you have a partner who is interested in delving into the world of cigars but is perhaps uncomfortable in doing so? We have some great female members of FOH and your views as to the challenges (if any) you have had in the world of cigars would be interesting to know.

Having spent time with Sarah and other magnificent members of her organisation, I would certainly encourage your partners should they have an interest in cigars (at any level from starting out to serious lovers of the leaf) to join Womens International Cigar Club.

So back to my initial question....do members have wives or partners who share their passion and to what degree? If they do, is it something you enjoy. If not, is it something that you would like to share if they were willing?

Let us know thumbsup.gif

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My lawyers advise me not to comment....

I share the occasional cigar with my wife Marie. This weekend, we had a Behike 54 each to celebrate the most recent addition to our family (Emma, 3.5 months old). Highly enjoyable evening. That's

My wife hates it. I don't care. Is that bad?

My wife enjoys a stick with me every now and then. More often lately.

I think its the hottest thing, her sitting there, drinking a french martini and puffin on a stogie.

I love sharing the experience with her.

• Like 1

Yeah, my wife partakes now and then. After a few drinks.

She is a bigger foodie than me, which is saying something, and that is how I explained my cigar passion to her..."Purely a gastronomical adventure and extension of a great evening."

This peaked her interest.

And now she has a cute little box of du Maire --> http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=99094&p=568245

I love it when she joins me on the balcony!

• Like 1

Dana doesn't smoke but she shares my passion for cigars.She's excited to watch me open a new box of sticks,smell them and watch me smoke them.

She loves that we're a part of FOH. The friends we've made, the traveling we've done.

She shares my interest in Cuba and can't wait for or return,hopefully soon.

• Like 1

Kelly will take the occasional puff when I tell her a stick is smoking really tasty.

She's very accepting of my passion and expenditures, particularly as it translates into some very nice bling for her from time to time teacher.gif

I do know a couple of women smokers that are as passionate as I am.

• Like 1

My wife is Cuban and she doesn't smoke. This is fine by me because she doesn't try to regulate or dictate when or if I smoke. She knows how much I enjoy and need the stress decompression and does not object. Plus she has some stress reliefs which I do not impede so like wise she doesn't bother me either.

• Like 1

My fiancé "tolerates" my passion. She is finishing her nursing degree and probably has much to say but mostly bites her tongue. I gave up Skoal and the drunk cigarette or 10 as an exchange for my cigar passion/hobby. I would classify our relationship on the issue as detente.

• Like 3

I don't want her to be passionate about it like me but I wouldn't mind if she puffed one with me once in a while. She is a nurse and despises it :S

ah well.

• Like 1

My fiancée, Maegan understands, listens, and supports my cuban cigar passion. She will sit with me when I have one, and she enjoys the aroma. No matter how much I beg or try to convince her to she will never try/smoke one.

My wife doesn't partake but is extremely supportive. Many evenings she will ask if I have a cigar selected and she will pull a pint from the keg for herself and we will sit on the back deck talking about the day. When we are on vacation with friends she will usually find a place for us to drink and smoke.

My wife started to smoke with me about 7 years ago. She'd do the flavored CAO cigars in a tiny cigarillo and she liked them.

I kept a small humidor for her and her flavored cigars.

She has not touched the humidor for several years and has not asked about them so I'd assume she's done with them.

She encourages me to smoke, understands it's my hobby and she likes the smell of most of them. The only thing is when she sees all my cigars and another box comes in the mail I have been getting the evil eye from her.

• Like 1

I shouldn't be laughing...but :rotfl:

Laugh all you want, I do. If she knew the value of my inventory she poison me instead of waiting for nature to take it's course!

• Like 3

My fiancé "tolerates" my passion. She is finishing her nursing degree and probably has much to say but mostly bites her tongue. I gave up Skoal and the drunk cigarette or 10 as an exchange for my cigar passion/hobby. I would classify our relationship on the issue as detente.

Mine did to, then she became wife and has much more to say on the subject lol

• Like 1