Women and Cigars....does your wife or partner share your passion?....would you like them to?

Wife tried them and didn't like them at all, though she was used to the quick rush and ashtray taste of cigarettes, so could just be too different of an animal. But, she's more than supportive and cheers along with me every time I get another box in the mail.

• Like 1

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My lawyers advise me not to comment....

I share the occasional cigar with my wife Marie. This weekend, we had a Behike 54 each to celebrate the most recent addition to our family (Emma, 3.5 months old). Highly enjoyable evening. That's

My wife hates it. I don't care. Is that bad?

My wife doesn't want to smoke cigars or even a puff.... She doesn't like to drink my scotch.... She loves coming out and sitting with me for the entire cigar and drink. Has never said anything negative about either and has encouraged me to purchase Cigars and Scotch's that I desire... It's a very good situation.

• Like 3

My wife is great about it. She doesn't smoke but in the summer or in Cuba will sit with me while I have a cigar and we've spent some great quality time relaxing as I've enjoyed a cigar. She never concerns herself with how many I gave or when new ones keep arriving. And as others have said knows if I'm having a stressful day and encourages me to go relax with a cigar.

• Like 2

I asked my wife before I started and she nonchalantly said, "sure, why not?". The next day I came home from work, she hands me a Benjamin and says, "if you're gonna smoke, you'll need a nice cutter and lighter. Happy Birthday". It was October and my birthday is in December. She now has a small humidor and smokes one a week.

Recently, I told her I had thought of spending more on better cigars. She was super pumped and literally brought it up the next day herself. Her words..."I'm so excited about you smoking better cigars, it makes perfect sense". I was ready smoking $8-$10 cigars on a regular basis. She's a keeper boys.

• Like 3

My girlfriend likes my stogs and always wants a puff or two of mine. Occasionally she will have a cig or a flavored stick with me. The funny thing is her son (he's 8) gives his dad endless crap about smoking cigarettes but he's cool with my cigars.

• Like 2

My wife isn't into it at all. I'll admit the smell of stale cigar smoke isn't terribly appealing but I don't understand her objections to fresh smoke.

I've tried to get her to smoke and she's tried but she can't figure out how to draw without inhaling, it's sort of funny to see her try though.

I asked my wife before I started and she nonchalantly said, "sure, why not?". The next day I came home from work, she hands me a Benjamin and says, "if you're gonna smoke, you'll need a nice cutter and lighter. Happy Birthday". It was October and my birthday is in December. She now has a small humidor and smokes one a week.

Recently, I told her I had thought of spending more on better cigars. She was super pumped and literally brought it up the next day herself. Her words..."I'm so excited about you smoking better cigars, it makes perfect sense". I was ready smoking $8-$10 cigars on a regular basis. She's a keeper boys.

ha! Sounds like my wife Dennis!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My girlfriend doesn't mind and will often try what I am currently smoking. She will offer to let me smoke indoors, but the smell of stale cigar smoke after a few days puts me off. She also takes quite an interest in what I am buying and how much it costs....hmmmm

Our rather large collection is actually mine and Matthew and I enjoy it together. He gets real joy out of sharing this info with anyone he can. This and my wall of single malt in our library.

Where've ya' been kiddo? Long time no see! Hope all is well. -R

ha! Sounds like my wife Dennis!

Sounds like bigamy. There can't be two women like that.

Where've ya' been kiddo? Long time no see! Hope all is well. -R

Been working real hard on a new biz, a new house in a new town. Cigars are here and collection continues to grow, with a wonderful she cave! I look in on the posts all the time, but just read.

All is well.

Hope with you too.

My wife does not mind me enjoying cigars and occasionally has one with me. On the other hand, she would cut my cohones off if I brought home another chica!!!

• 1 year later...
33 minutes ago, invisiblesurfer said:

Bringing back an old thread, but at a very recent 24:24 (again I was too slow apparently..) there was a reference to a cigar that women tend to appreciate. I'm forgetting which one it was. Does anyone recall? 

RyJ Julieta

1 hour ago, invisiblesurfer said:

Bringing back an old thread, but at a very recent 24:24 (again I was too slow apparently..) there was a reference to a cigar that women tend to appreciate. I'm forgetting which one it was. Does anyone recall? 

I believe it was the Hoyo De Monterrey Le Hoyo Du Depute

• Like 1

Nothing sexyer than watching a women smoke a stoogie.  Where I go to smoke (indoors) it is called the Owl Shop

which comprise locals, out of towners and college under grands / grand. students along with thier professors

( big college town starting w/ Yale Unv.) enjoying the fruits of thier labor; a good drink and smoke.

Not uncommon to see women at the "Owl" puffing on a Davidoff, Padron and many more NC's / Dom.'s

to mention.  Back to the subject matter I think it is super sexy.

On 7/21/2015 at 3:08 PM, muzz said:

To say that my wife despises it is an understatement.

Tobacco is pretty much the devil if you pick up and paper or watch any TV in Australia. I guess she can’t get past the very negative side effects of smoking and will never be backwards in coming forwards with her opinions. I don't think that I'm silly enought to beleive that it isn't doing any harm at all but I don't think that a couple of cigars per month should slow me up too much.

100% of people who don't smoke die

On 2/16/2016 at 3:09 PM, RickG said:

I made the mistake of letting my wife try some of my sticks. Now she's hooked. Now I have to share! emoji19.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They always grab the most expensive sticks in the entire humidor, without even knowing which is which!

5 minutes ago, kuma said:

Nothing sexyer than watching a women smoke a stoogie.  Where I go to smoke (indoors) it is called the Owl Shop

which comprise locals, out of towners and college under grands / grand. students along with thier professors

( big college town starting w/ Yale Unv.) enjoying the fruits of thier labor; a good drink and smoke.

Not uncommon to see women at the "Owl" puffing on a Davidoff, Padron and many more NC's / Dom.'s

to mention.  Back to the subject matter I think it is super sexy.

Love the owl shop!  Great whisky selection, good service, awesome spot.

By share do you mean hate the smell, won't allow any smoke in the house (although I probably wouldn't anyway), and makes me take a shower before getting in bed if I smoked a cigar...then sure, she loves it.  :D

• Like 1

My wife likes the smell of cigars (while smoking) but never smokes... she's the biggest limitation in me smoking more frequently as I feel odd smoking out back alone why she hangs out inside.. more annoying though is that I have to shower before bed as she doesn't like the smell after the fact on our sheets in bed.... are smoking jackets going to make a comeback? I feel I need one although it's my face/hair that the smell seems to linger on.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk