Women and Cigars....does your wife or partner share your passion?....would you like them to?

I have been lucky enough to have Eve share this passion with me. We smoke together weekly (indoor and outdoor), she has been to herfs, helped with the ones I organized and has been to impromptu gathering when out of town brothers would show up. We have been to Havana together multiple times spending lots of time in casas and with friends there (memorable nights with Jose and Ingrid) We even did a few box splits :) (she is looking for BGM anyone ?)

I also share her passion as well, she's a museum curator and lover of contemporary art so we have been all over canada/states to museums and galleries, to the Venice biennial and planning to do the Kassel Documenta soon. We collect pieces together and spent quite a bit of time going to artists studio and expositions.

I don't think I could have it any other way :)

• Like 4

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My lawyers advise me not to comment....

I share the occasional cigar with my wife Marie. This weekend, we had a Behike 54 each to celebrate the most recent addition to our family (Emma, 3.5 months old). Highly enjoyable evening. That's

My wife hates it. I don't care. Is that bad?

I have been lucky enough to have Eve share this passion with me. We smoke together weekly (indoor and outdoor), she has been to herfs, helped with the ones I organized and has been to impromptu gathering when out of town brothers would show up. We have been to Havana together multiple times spending lots of time in casas and with friends there (memorable nights with Jose and Ingrid) We even did a few box splits smile.png (she is looking for BGM anyone ?)

I also share her passion as well, she's a museum curator and lover of contemporary art so we have been all over canada/states to museums and galleries, to the Venice biennial and planning to do the Kassel Documenta soon. We collect pieces together and spent quite a bit of time going to artists studio and expositions.

I don't think I could have it any other way smile.png

Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding! You win FoH today my friend.

I think a very large part of this spousal support vs no support is related to when you started smoking cigars. Was it before you met your spouse or after? I find that those like Guy who smoked before being married or meeting their spouse set the expectation beforehand. The women knew coming into it that my boyfriend/husband smokes/loves cigars and it's part of who he is. The other side is those like myself who started smoking and collecting cigars after meeting/marrying our spouses and they just don't get it and/or support it.

• Like 1

My wife likes the occasional Montecristo Open Junior or sometimes a #5. Maybe once a month or so. What she dislikes about my hobby is my cigar breath when I smoke - apparently it's pretty bad.

Yeah, I get that too a lot... sad.png

I highly recommend Smart Mouth Mouthwash. A dose of that and a quick tongue scrape and you're way better off from where you started. Henry Clay mints are great if you're on the go too.

My GF isn't crazy about it but is supportive because she see's the good stuff that comes out of it too. She smokes the odd purito with me out back or takes the occasional puff of whatever I'm smoking. She used to be a cigarette smoker before we met and doesn't want to go down that path again. Which I understand. Other than keeping my breath clean after a smoke and ditching any smoky clothes, it works out. She went down to Cuba with me in January and we hung out in the cigar lounge many times smoking and drinking. Mostly me mind you. :lol: She knows I enjoy it and doesn't try to rain on my parade too much.

• Like 1

My wife does not smoke at all. She is very supportive of my passion for cigars and understands the enjoyment I get from smoking them, whether on my own or with friends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding! You win FoH today my friend.

I think a very large part of this spousal support vs no support is related to when you started smoking cigars. Was it before you met your spouse or after? I find that those like Guy who smoked before being married or meeting their spouse set the expectation beforehand. The women knew coming into it that my boyfriend/husband smokes/loves cigars and it's part of who he is. The other side is those like myself who started smoking and collecting cigars after meeting/marrying our spouses and they just don't get it and/or support it.

I started smoking more "seriously" while with her. I would buy singles trying out cigars and I always pick one up for her to try along with me. We both discovered them together, talk about flavours and pairings... She also started collecting art while we were together. It's been 6 years last Monday :)

• Like 1

Yup. The wife has been in the cigar biz longer than I've been smoking cigars. She mostly shares a bit of my smoke unless it's a special occasion. Her fave marca is Trinidad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

To say that my wife despises it is an understatement.

Tobacco is pretty much the devil if you pick up and paper or watch any TV in Australia. I guess she can’t get past the very negative side effects of smoking and will never be backwards in coming forwards with her opinions. I don't think that I'm silly enought to beleive that it isn't doing any harm at all but I don't think that a couple of cigars per month should slow me up too much.

• 6 months later...

My wife never smokes but she doesn't stop me from enjoying cigars or pipes. She actually encourages me to smoke if she knows I've had a tough day. She even buys me stuff every once in a while. She doesn't know how much tobacco I have and I think I'd like to keep it that way.

My Fiancé has nothing against me smoking and enjoying this hobbie and passion. We recently went to Havana together, it was her first time there and my second time. She fell in love with the city, the culture and everything Havana has to offer. And she had no issues sitting with me and allowing me to enjoy my cigars while at different bars, restaurants and at the Casa's as well. I enjoyed cigars at Melia Cohiba as well as at Conde de Villanueva with her. She does not smoke, but does enjoy a good Pina Colada or Cuba LIbre.

She has agreed that we should go again. Mission accomplished.

• Like 3

My wife is convinced I'm going to DIE of CANCER tomorrow everytime I light up (once a week usually). Even today she sent me a copy of text she got from an old friend about her husband's lung cancer. I think she's a bit anti...

However, at any social event, two scotch and sodas and it's whipped out of my hand for a crafty drag.

She used to like the smell, but now avows to hate it, on principle I suspect.

While my wife does not smoke she will set with me on the porch and keep me company while I enjoy a cigar. It is a great opportunity for us to relax together without distractions.

My fiancé gave up smoking cigarettes in 2015. Prior to that, in the warm months of last year we would sit outside together and each enjoy a drink and a smoke just about every night. Such a wonderful way to decompress and spend time with your SO.

She occasionally requests a small cigar, or just a puff of one she liked the smell of, but she's also willing to listen to me drone on about cigars to no end, which is nice. She has been amazing about quitting smoking cigarettes in the last few months and hasn't had a cigarette in nearly half a year. For a while this led to her enjoying a puff or two of my cigars to help with a little craving, but as the winter got colder and sitting outside less enjoyable, it was easy for her turn down an invite and not smoke anything.

I imagine she will still enjoy a cigar from time to time after it warms back up and we can get back to our patio and not freeze, as she's a huge fan of the HUHC. But it is a sticky situation since I don't want to make it any harder for her to keep up on quitting cigarettes. Guess we will see how it plays out once spring rolls around, for now I'm just thankful she only rolls her eyes a little when a new box of cigars comes in and couldn't care less that I take the time to freeze my ass off and smoke a few cigars a week during the winter months.

My girlfriend is very encouraging when it comes to my collection. She herself likes the occasional cigar, but I think she likes the idea of the cigars than the actual smoking. She likes everything from Acid cigarillos to big 6x60 cigars wink.png. The only problem is she cannot smoke more than an inch or two before tossing the cigar. I have no problem tossing Party shorts at her all day long, but of course she wants to smoke the big cigars and toss them after an inch or two.. not that I would ever let that happen to an Esplendido. Or any cigar for that matter.

P.S. Some of this may have sounded dirty, but I swear I am talking about cigars...tobacco cigars lol

Great question! I'm actually glad my wife does not smoke but she allows me to enjoy my hobby without obstruction. It is the best of both worlds (for me) as we both have our own interests which we enjoy separately but also have plenty of other interests that we share and enjoy together.

And we often do our separate hobbies together in the summer as my wife will join me in the backyard as I smoke my cigars and she reads and Blogs.