What's in your glass today?

maverickdrinker

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought that I would start this off for the new year. Good to see what people's favorite or current libation is. Tonight, The Balvenie Portwood 21...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm feeling better today,  Not as dark, tense, and angry as I have been the past several days. Today was better. Chores around the house, building a new humidor, repaired a door frame, and just being

Something acquired recently:

ugu3e8yz.jpg

Lovely bouquet and has a very subtle palate with the oak prominent but not dominant. Very smooth delivery with a warming glow down the throat.

Finish is rather short but does have a lingering nuance that does compensate. Increased profile integration and complexity with time in glass - an essay in balance, complexity and subtlety. Certainly not one for the lovers of the stronger and bolder styles of whisky.

A good blended malt for the discounted price but I would struggle to pay full price for it, which is nearly double.

• Like 1

A little Dalmore 12...was the best single malt the bar had, at least I had two choices though :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We finally got this in Ontario

Now I can stop buying the duty free bottling. Always in supply at my home! :)

Sent by the Enigma on BlackBerry.

• Like 1

I love watching Ralphy.com reviews and slowly nipping away at a glass of whisky.

Today I thought I'd revisit a bottle I bought for my 31st birthday in February.

Caol Ila distillery 29 year old bottled by Duncan Taylor. It was distilled in May of 83 and I was born in Feb of 83. When I first opened this bottle it was very potent and had a very smoky sea weedy flavour to it so to be honest I never really enjoyed it immensely but after a few months past, now it really has kinda settled down in itself and is really really enjoyable. It's taking less water than I remember to be where I like it and now that I know that the bottle shop where I got it from no longer has it, I'm definitely going to savour this one for quite a while longer.

Non chill filtered and no colouring added it has a deep bronze colour to it and looks lovely and misty in the glass. This one has done a complete 180 for me, really loving it!

Enjoying with a lively and rough around the edges PLPC.

post-15948-0-41356600-1405591279_thumb.j

• Like 4

Pisco Sours

Discovered these in Argentina about 10 years back

2014-07-25215355_zps160117e5.jpg

Thought one would complement the Dantes Conde 54 nicely.

2014-07-25215418_zps7610f52c.jpg

• Like 1

i enjoy your ashtray

looks like a butter tray i had a while back that i regretted buying.

Also, nice drinks. mail one over to me!! laugh.png

It's a Dom Benito classic. Remember him?

Always travel with it so I have something to hold my smoke on the hotel balcony sneaky.gif

No, that was Cheech. Or, was it Chong......

Damned short term memory loss!