What's in your glass today?

maverickdrinker

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought that I would start this off for the new year. Good to see what people's favorite or current libation is. Tonight, The Balvenie Portwood 21...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm feeling better today,  Not as dark, tense, and angry as I have been the past several days. Today was better. Chores around the house, building a new humidor, repaired a door frame, and just being

E.H. Taylor small batch mixed with Kirkland Highland 18.

The small batch is a nice spicy bourbon, but it is marred by a very bitter, woody finish. The Kirkland Highland 18 is a very bland, characterless sherried single malt. Mix the two together and you lose the bitter finish, get a nice sherry influence and a product much better than the individual parts.

This experiment went fairly well. Now I have to find out what goes well with Old Portrero 18th Century Whiskey.

8fd94f6527f2fc7470933f47121b1c59.jpg

• Like 1

I don't know about tasting like caramel, but if you want some caramel notes I'd say maybe try The Dalmore 12 I've gotten that from it. I also think I've gotten caramel at times out of Glenfarcles 105, and some Mortlach bottles.

Will give them a go thanks, I know little or nothing about bourbon other than the standard stuff that you can get here in Europe. If there are some you can reccomend I will try and find them over here.

E.H. Taylor small batch mixed with Kirkland Highland 18.

The small batch is a nice spicy bourbon, but it is marred by a very bitter, woody finish. The Kirkland Highland 18 is a very bland, characterless sherried single malt. Mix the two together and you lose the bitter finish, get a nice sherry influence and a product much better than the individual parts.

This experiment went fairly well. Now I have to find out what goes well with Old Portrero 18th Century Whiskey.

8fd94f6527f2fc7470933f47121b1c59.jpg

Is that the Glencairn glass? That's the way to do it. Great scotch/whiskey glasses.

Drinking some Heaven Hill green label bourbon lately. It's 6 years old and 90 proof. Very good, especially for $8.99. I prefer the HH white label that is 6 years and 100 proof but it seems they have done away with that just recently, none on the shelves even in Kentucky!

• Like 1