What's in your glass today?

maverickdrinker

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought that I would start this off for the new year. Good to see what people's favorite or current libation is. Tonight, The Balvenie Portwood 21...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm feeling better today,  Not as dark, tense, and angry as I have been the past several days. Today was better. Chores around the house, building a new humidor, repaired a door frame, and just being

How was it?

Nice bourbon flavor, sweet, very smooth. It has a lot more character than regular Michter's. Buttery, reminiscent of buttered toast. No spice at all. Easy to drink.

I think there are much better bourbons out there for less money, though.

• Like 1

Went all over the place today:

Lost Spirits Distillery navy style rum. Very strong, 68%, great depth of molasses flavor, sweet but not like a Cuban or Demerara sweet. Great stuff.

Balcones single malt. Very malty nose, sweet like bourbon (although this is a real single malt, no corn in there). Reminded me of a maltier Mortlach scotch.

Michter's toasted barrel finish bourbon. Much better than the regular Michter's products, nice sweetness, deep caramel flavor. Not very complex, but very easy to drink and tasty.

E.H. Taylor single barrel bourbon. One of my standard bourbons. Great stuff, as far as easy to procure bourbons.

For the real Whiskey officiandos out here what reccomendations can you make for a real caramel tasting malt?

Rum

I don't know of any Whiskey that tastes strongly like caramel.

Had a sweet Sparkling Ice Cider with Sunday brunch before going apple picking with family. Follower by some more cider produced at the orchard we picked from, as well as a nice pour of Bourbon to finish the day.

post-9940-0-48604500-1413239835_thumb.jp

post-9940-0-53300100-1413239853_thumb.jp

post-9940-0-31250000-1413239882_thumb.jp

For the real Whiskey officiandos out here what reccomendations can you make for a real caramel tasting malt?

I don't know about tasting like caramel, but if you want some caramel notes I'd say maybe try The Dalmore 12 I've gotten that from it. I also think I've gotten caramel at times out of Glenfarcles 105, and some Mortlach bottles.

If you want to talk bourbon, I'd think it would be more common to get caramel on the nose and taste. I can recommend some of those for you to sample.