What's in your glass today?

maverickdrinker

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought that I would start this off for the new year. Good to see what people's favorite or current libation is. Tonight, The Balvenie Portwood 21...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm feeling better today,  Not as dark, tense, and angry as I have been the past several days. Today was better. Chores around the house, building a new humidor, repaired a door frame, and just being

Glenlivet the Guardians Chapter and an old La Flor de Cano Selectos.

bu9usa4e.jpg

Very impressed with the malt. The nose is amazingly sweet and fragrant with an excellently balanced taste. One for those who enjoy a honeyish and fruity profile. Mildly spicy on the finish but the delivery is certainly smooth.

I've never had this expression of Glenlivet. Is it Sherry finish? Do you know it is a limited release or travel only?

I've never had this expression of Glenlivet. Is it Sherry finish? Do you know it is a limited release or travel only?

It's a "limited" release of about 24,000 standard bottles and is matured in refill sherry casks. I don't think it is travel exclusive but may be available duty free.

It's relatively cheap for what it is worth.

The interesting thing about this is that it is probably the first crowd-sourced whisky.

Here's a write up of it describing how it came to be along with some tasting notes:

http://www.whiskysaga.com/glenlivet-guardians-chapter/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It's a "limited" release of about 24,000 standard bottles and is matured in refill sherry casks. I don't think it is travel exclusive but may be available duty free.

It's relatively cheap for what it is worth.

The interesting thing about this is that it is probably the first crowd-sourced whisky.

Here's a write up of it describing how it came to be along with some tasting notes:

http://www.whiskysaga.com/glenlivet-guardians-chapter/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks for the Info, I'll have a good read on the train today.

We had a 3 whiskey tasting last night for beginners into Japanese Whiskey. We started with Hibiki 12, mover to Yoichi 15, and finished with Yamazaki 18. All three were paired with cigars courtesy of the Ashton Cigar Company, unfortunately it had to be NCs but it was a good time none the less. Thanks to a good friend we also tasted some Hibiki 17, Hibiki 21 and I had to start with Rye.

post-9940-0-13394300-1412343049_thumb.jp

post-9940-0-26183100-1412343096_thumb.jp

post-9940-0-99253800-1412343121_thumb.jp

post-9940-0-88177200-1412343178_thumb.jp

• Like 1

We had a 3 whiskey tasting last night for beginners into Japanese Whiskey. We started with Hibiki 12, mover to Yoichi 15, and finished with Yamazaki 18. All three were paired with cigars courtesy of the Ashton Cigar Company, unfortunately it had to be NCs but it was a good time none the less. Thanks to a good friend we also tasted some Hibiki 17, Hibiki 21 and I had to start with Rye.

Which was your favorite? Mine is the Yamazaki 18, but the price is getting ridiculous.

• Like 1

Well all three were different and I'll say I've had all of them before last night. Personally I would say the most complex was the Yamazaki 18, reminded me of a sherried Highland. The Hibiki was probably number two as it is unique and exibits some smoke but more of a meat smoke then a usual whiskey smoke. It is very tasty but just a little simple for me. The Yoichi 15 is my least favorite that being said it is still drinkable, but my bottle will last a while without the help from some friends. I think its a whiskey the has some peat but not enough to be over the top to peat heads, its not sweet so that's out and not fresh or floral. I did get a bit of coco on the finish but not really worth it. My favorite was the Hibiki 17 that a friend brought. That was real good.

Really something different tonight. Thanks to a family friend in West Virginia that make this stuff in his garage. Some homemade dandelion wine! I love the corks he uses.

post-9940-0-88372700-1412399188_thumb.jp

post-9940-0-25104000-1412399214_thumb.jp

post-9940-0-93023400-1412399241_thumb.jp

post-9940-0-07981200-1412399264_thumb.jp