• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

4 minutes ago, Chibearsv said:

This is the general problem I have with NCs as well.  Plenty of them taste just fine...for a while.  Without that twang that I crave, I just get bored.  For me, NCs are fine for golfing or blab fests with the neighbors on the patio, since they are set it and forget it cigars.  If I'm smoking by myself just enjoying life with the tunes and the dog at my side, I need my CCs.

Agree with you on this a lot. When I sit down and finally relax, I want to put myself in the best position to enjoy that moment. A more or less one speed cigar isn't gonna do that for me. 

It feels like most new worlds are curated to be sort of a pepper and strong cigar--nuance be damned. And perhaps that is what the market wants. But that is a reason I also sort of don't love them for the golf course--become a distraction rather than a compliment due to the attempt to hit you hard. That said, I really need to get ahold of a few sobramesa brulee blue (but not for the course). 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Trimming said:

D201C5D2-0D2C-4D44-8675-C67CB2E9A785.jpeg.7a9db59fce6f895d193157df0a1860ca.jpeg

Love seeing a Fonseca 1 in the wild. Such an odd child for the portfolio, but really scratches a specific itch that it seems only it can. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jakebarnes said:

Agree with you on this a lot. When I sit down and finally relax, I want to put myself in the best position to enjoy that moment. A more or less one speed cigar isn't gonna do that for me. 

It feels like most new worlds are curated to be sort of a pepper and strong cigar--nuance be damned. And perhaps that is what the market wants. But that is a reason I also sort of don't love them for the golf course--become a distraction rather than a compliment due to the attempt to hit you hard. That said, I really need to get ahold of a few sobramesa brulee blue (but not for the course). 

There are NCs out there that aren't powerhouses, and those are the ones I take out golfing the most.  Hoyo Excalibur, Ashton Cabinet, CAO Columbia, Monte White Label, etc.  None of these are pepper punches to the face and none are nicotine bombs either.  I wouldn't necessarily recommend these for quiet contemplation but, they're pretty good for the jobs I ask of them.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, El Presidente said:

My Father La Promesa Toro 6 x 52

It started very well.

Mid bodied, coffee, cookie dough. some unrefined sugar notes

Very little to no pepper. 

The only problem I had is that this was a one trick pony. Very good trick but I was bored by the halfway mark and couldn't finish. 

This was the Toro. It is better as a Petit which I tried in the US. 

I had an Epi 2 and Upmann Mag 50 later in the day and they both blew it away. 

Still, as a $10 cigar....more than fine and some of you would love it.

I love seeing you on the daily smoke section, @El Presidente!   Your video reviews are legendary and very informative, but it’s nice to get a taste for what’s getting your attention currently.    I’m sure I’m not the only one that would like to see more!  

• Like 2