• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

36 minutes ago, 99call said:

Firstly I have no idea of your actual rotation, just posing a question based on the fact the rotation you usually put up (on the daily smoke) seems to mostly include high end Trinidad & Cohiba.  

It got me wondering.   If you smoke something like a JL1 (which I think is a fantastic cigar).  Do you think your reaction to a cigar like this is A, Elevated in quality, as a nice change, or B, Does it stand out as a step down in quality to you, from what you smoke day in day out?

If they were free, I would just smoke Siglo VI and Esmeraldas all day and not bother with many of the other cigars that I smoke now. I like all the cigars I smoke regularly, and there are some that I do love, and if I want a nice change with a cigar I love, I'll smoke something like a Sir Winston or a Hoyo DC.  

But most of the other cigars I smoke are just cigars I like.  I don't love them, but I enjoy them.  Occasionally, one of them will blow me away.  One of the best cigars I ever smoked was a PSD4, but as a general rule, they are a step down, but one that I enjoy enough to keep in my regular rotation.

Was that a JL1 I was smoking?  It was pretty good.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, SigmundChurchill said:

Was that a JL1 I was smoking?  It was pretty good.

Yep, looked like it

Thanks for getting back, I do find it very interesting.   Some say familiarity breeds contempt, but often I think that can be BS.   There is something to really knowing something inside out.  Like a classic movie,  where you keep on noticing something new every time you watch it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, 99call said:

Yep, looked like it

Thanks for getting back, I do find it very interesting.   Some say familiarity breeds contempt, but often I think that can be BS.   There is something to really knowing something inside out.  Like a classic movie,  where you keep on noticing something new every time you watch it. 

I like this post a lot.  I think good movies are a good analogy here.  I'll keep watching the same movies over and over (like Casa Blanca) but that doesn't mean I won't go see something new in hope that it makes the list for repeat viewing (like The Big Lebowski).  Very similar to my cigar smoking.  I have my favorites that I smoke regularly and keep trying new ones to see if they can make the list.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, M1B said:
QD 50

Loved all 4 of these I have had.
Just delicious smokes. Only downside is that they don't last longer so I can enjoy the great taste more.

Planning to try and do a box split in November, assuming they are still available anywhere by then as they are already very scarce

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, karp said:

San Cristobal de la Habana La Fuerza… I would never have tried this were it not for this FOH sampler! What a great taste - molasses, pancake, almond, did I mention molasses? Superb. Nice change of pace. Does the El Principe taste like this?? Would be terrific for a short smoke…

To answer your question in a general way...yes, it does. The La Fuerza has been excellent of late in the past few years and is basically more refined than the El Principe. Both are favourites of mine, that's for sure!

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, JohnS said:

To answer your question in a general way...yes, it does. The La Fuerza has been excellent of late in the past few years and is basically more refined than the El Principe. Both are favourites of mine, that's for sure!

Thanks for the info - it really surprised me in a good way. The molasses puts a nice spin for the other flavours, provides a sweet element to everything. Dessert-like.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, SigmundChurchill said:
Well, just got back from dinner with my wife.  We ate at our favorite restaurant for the 5th and last time for summer 2021.  We have been regulars there for 20 years, so the hostess gave us a good table, right next to Michael J. Fox.  
Now, I don't know about different age groups, or people in different countries, but when you are a 52 year old American, you grew up with Michael J Fox.  Family Ties, Back To The Future, Doc Hollywood, etc.  I didn't bother him, but it felt pretty cool eating dinner just 3 feet away from him.  
But at the end of his dinner, he grabbed his cane, and shuffled out of there as fast as he could, I think in the hopes that people wouldn't see him walking with the cane.  It made me pretty sad actually.  I wanted to follow him out to the parking lot and tell him "Nobody cares about the cane.  You are still a freaking legend!", but I resisted.

That’s pretty awesome Elliot. And yes, he is a legend. And Canadian too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2