FOH'ers Daily Smoke

Did a bit of an experiment tonight, first up was a Cohiba Red Dot Pequenos, an NC Cohiba. sweet smoke, with nuttiness to it, bout 40mins. nothing to rave about, good for the quick 'i just want to zone out and smoke something' kinda time

post-13437-0-80855600-1354537365_thumb.j

followed it up with a Cohiba Siglo II, to compare the NC with the CC. this is a great smoke, even though it had an extremely naughty cracked head. made for plenty of annoying relights. plenty of creamy woodiness and a bit of grass.

post-13437-0-50530500-1354537400_thumb.j

which was better? lol. even the CC with its cracked head had more depth in the flavour, there wasnt much under the sweetness of the NC. was still a good smoke though.

an aside, i had lost the wrapper on one side of the head, but one the foot, i was experiencing burn issues on the opposite side. this goes beyond my understanding of physics, anyone wish to offer an explanation?

I don't have any physics answers, but I had a question: Why compare a NC "Cohiba" to a CC Cohiba. They have nothing to do with each other. None of the NC labels that share a name with a CC label have any association with the CC Original. They are just allowed to conduct business with the name, because at the time, they can't be sued by HSA. As soon as they are allow to be sued they will get lit up with Copyright and Trademark suits, it will be in courts for years. But they have zero association with each other.

Sell your NC's on Craigslist before Christmas and build your stock with the "chosen ones"! Trust me, this time next year, you will read this and ask yourself, why you didn't do it earlier!

• Replies 88.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Raskol

• Lotusguy

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

Were your ears just burning??? I JUST asked about you in the shoutbox!!!!!

Matthew and I just smoked 2 lovely Hoyo Epi Especiales on the front porch...

Hey! Nice to hear from you :) I've been in Germany for the last couple of weeks with spotty internet access and a lot of meetings... Will return this Friday and hope to have a bit more Shoutbox time then :2thumbs:

I can tell you, I really don't envy you guys and your winters... Can't wait to be back home and out of the cold!!!

I don't have any physics answers, but I had a question: Why compare a NC "Cohiba" to a CC Cohiba. They have nothing to do with each other. None of the NC labels that share a name with a CC label have any association with the CC Original. They are just allowed to conduct business with the name, because at the time, they can't be sued by HSA. As soon as they are allow to be sued they will get lit up with Copyright and Trademark suits, it will be in courts for years. But they have zero association with each other.

Sell your NC's on Craigslist before Christmas and build your stock with the "chosen ones"! Trust me, this time next year, you will read this and ask yourself, why you didn't do it earlier!

yeah, i read up and saw they had no relation other than the name. wasnt totally on purpose, i just wanted a quick smoke before dinner, and that was the first one i grabbed. i knew the NC one would not compare to the real deal. its kinda like comparing minute steak to a nice sirloin thats been dried for a day in the fridge on a paper towel, then rubbed down with salt and spices and let sit for another day, then cooked medium rare. (yeah, i read your post about drying a steak!)

in a years time? im already looking into my humi and shaking my head at some of the NCs wasting space there!

Maybe out of interest, or for fun?

It would certainly be a fun activity to do with a bunch of friends to get 5 cc and 5 nc of the same "brand" and see if the NC try to replicate the flavours of the original brands or just go out in their own direction etc

Less strokin' more smokin'

It would certainly be a fun activity to do with a bunch of friends to get 5 cc and 5 nc of the same "brand" and see if the NC try to replicate the flavours of the original brands or just go out in their own direction etc

I'd be up for that when i touch down in the UK!

^ I can multi-task quiet efficiently!

Tonight - a nice Canonazo, a Prominente that had a very tough wrapper and a OK 2005 Diplomaticos Nr 2 along with some fine Whisky - detoxing the hard way ...

Off to Italy tomorrow - hope to get an oxygen mask for the flight :-))

post-4742-0-02954600-1354749264_thumb.jp

post-4742-0-25930300-1354749271_thumb.jp

post-4742-0-27496300-1354749277_thumb.jp

post-4742-0-27407600-1354749285_thumb.jp

post-4742-0-37519700-1354749290_thumb.jp

cool.png