FOH'ers Daily Smoke

JL2 08 last night while watching the Phils pummel the Dodgers.

Dark, Red/Brown wrapper, with nice looking cap, and foot. Great full bodied smoke from start to finish. Nice plumes of smoke, firm draw, even burn, smoked to the nub over 75 minutes. One of my favorite Robustos and once again did not disappoint.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smoked and HdM Petit Robusto last night. It was not inspiring. It was my first of the vitola, so maybe my expectations were out of line. Who knows...will be giving it another try though.

Please do be sure to give these another try. I have been pleasantly surprised by these short fatties. The one negative that comes up from time to time is that they are loosely rolled. Not all, but some.

Will have one later today...

Last night a 98 SLR PC. Excellent cigar with a nice earthy flavor- yet different from the Bolivar earthiness. Today a JUN 08 Lusi. Finally a Lusi with lots of flavor. These 08s are worth stocking up on.

Had a Montecristo #5 this afternoon for a quick smoke. Flavors were traditioal Monte, but the draw was tight...cigar got really hot in the last 3rd.

Smoked a RASS last night, or at least I tried to. The draw was tough, the burn was uneven. Not over humidified as it is cold and dry outside now in NY and my humidor is at a 63rh and the cigar has been sitting in there for more than 6 months. Had to relight this baby 5x. Smoked it down to a little over an inch trying to draw out the traditional RASS flavors which never really materialized except for a short while toward the end of the 1/3. Oh well...on to the next one. Oh...buy the way...it had the ugliest black and gray ash I have ever seen on a RASS.

Tuesday afternoon, usually my Big Stick Day, but I decided to try a RA 898 -02 today. When are these animals going to calm down? There's so much ammonia and spices in them still that I can't decide whether I like them or not.

Tuesday afternoon, usually my Big Stick Day, but I decided to try a RA 898 -02 today. When are these animals going to calm down? There's so much ammonia and spices in them still that I can't decide whether I like them or not.

Hmmm...sounds similar to the Celestial Finos...

Well if you dont, I will take them :2thumbs:

Bart

Hmmm...sounds similar to the Celestial Finos...

I do partially agree with Kjell about the ammonia but IMO these cigars are very approachable now AND have an unbelievable life in front of them with proper storage. The smoke itself on these is so dense and chewy that it helps express the deep flavors and complexity of the cigar. It coats the mouth in pure RA goodness. I only have one intact box and even with 25 smoke very sparingly knowing that in 20 years I am going to really want to have some left. While totally different cigars it has similar legs IMO to the Punch SS#2, a legendary cigar with 20+ years.

Smoked my second RA CF today. The first was rather underfilled. This one was rock solid but had a fine draw. Perhaps due to not skimping on the tobacco, today's cigar was killer strong. Loved it.

Enjoyed an RyJ Cedro De Luxe No. 3 tonight on my front porch. A light cigar, but it was exquisitie. Not complex, but woody and smooth. Very smooth. The ash hung on for over two inches before falling off. The amount of smoke produced was prodigious. Burn wa razor sharp until the ash fell, then wavered a bit, but not much. No relights needed and the draw was absolutely perfect. I could go for a whole box like this one. Definitely one of the best smokes I have had of late.

08 Monte 4 last night with a glass of 03 Dutschke St. Jakobi. Both were exquisite. This box has afforded me the typical deep, dark brown, Monte wrapper. From start to finish, great draw, rich plumes of smoke, great flavors, great burn. 50 minutes of pure pleasure.

HDM Epi 1, 08 last night while watching the ballgame. Seemed like there were solid flavors in there, but could not keep her lit. Kept buringin from the inside out as if the wrapper was flame retardent! Too bad, the flavors seemed solid...

I've been working on a box of Casa Magna's to see what all the fuss has been about...toritos. I have found them to be very inconsistent. When they are good they are good, when they are bad...you know. Some times the draw is wide open and other times they have been close to being plugged like sucking ice cream through a straw. I love the look and the size.

I've been working on a box of Casa Magna's to see what all the fuss has been about...toritos. I have found them to be very inconsistent. When they are good they are good, when they are bad...you know. Some times the draw is wide open and other times they have been close to being plugged like sucking ice cream through a straw. I love the look and the size.

I have not been a fan of the Casa Magna and did not try them prior to their ranking in CA...however, I have been told that once they got the #1 ranking in CA for 2008, quality control went out the window as they tried to meet demand for the cigars.

I have not been a fan of the Casa Magna and did not try them prior to their ranking in CA...however, I have been told that once they got the #1 ranking in CA for 2008, quality control went out the window as they tried to meet demand for the cigars.

Ive had about 5 of them, and they suck... I found all but one of them harsh in flavor and underfilled. The only good one I had was when I was in New Orleans. I think the only reason why it was good was because I was celebrating my anniversary.

08 Siglo II tubo from a pack of 3. Strong cigar. Mostly rich toasted tobacco, pepper, a touch of damp earth and leather here and there. Never unpleasant, but not what I've come to expect from the Siglo line. Very similar full strength profile to 08 RyJ Short Churchills (also in tubes) that I've had. Could probably use a few years of rest.