FOH'ers Daily Smoke

Well, here's another crack at a "what did you smoke today" thread. A lot of other forums have a running thread for members' daily smokes. It's not really meant to be a repository of data, rather, it's a way for folks to share in a sentence or two what they smoked that day or weekend. Let's see how it goes and if it works out. If not, we'll try something else.

Today I smoked a 2006 Quai D'Orsay Imperiales while writing on the front porch. Had a cup of Chinese bitter herb tea that went surprisingly well and accentuated the sweetness of the QdO. Stunningly dark and flaky ash and a sweet, delicious trailing/pull smoke. While blowing big bubbles for the girls to chase and pop, I chomped on a decent but disposable Jose L. Piedra Petit Cazadores. A bit rough, tinges of metallic notes, I've had better specimens. Today, this one was the Marlboro of Cuban cigars.

Wilkey

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was gifted a few SLR Regios and whilst I know alot of people like these, I did not enjoy the experience.

I am unsure of the batch number etc, but I was told these were aged and could tell by the oily wrappers. For me, way too harsh in soil flavour, kind of like a mouthfull of grainy dirt. :clap:

So...tonight, I'll have a Cohiba Maduro Genios and a VR Unicos!!!! :drool:

Whatever YOU have, hope you enjoy it along with the weekend. ;)

Weather pending, my weekend smokes will be

Partagas Short.

Bolivar Corona Extra.

Bolivar Corona Gigante

OpusX #5

I had a 08 Bolivar PC and a couple of George Dickel 12yr's on the rocks. This is the third BPC that I have had out of a box I picked up from Czar's a couple of months ago and they have been AMAZING. They have those mottled wrappers with dark spots all over them and really pack a punch.

I just finished a recently boxed HdM Churchills that was gifted to me. It was sweet and possibly even creamy, but very tannic. Nevertheless, It was enjoyable and I nubbed it! The rest of them are going to get a good, long nap in one of my humis...

exactly the sort of thing i meant. the only thing to fix is making sure a thread appears daily. can that be done automatically?

Ken,

Perhaps having a new thread pop up every day would be too cluttery. While you could then sort by date to see what folks are smoking on a given date, I'm not convinced that would be truly essential. Having daily posts in one thread would allow one to easily browse back over the days and weeks without having to pop in and out of threads. We'd just have to page forward or backward. It would be easier to see trends over time if it's one big thread. It would also be simpler in that we wouldn't have to automate the generation of a new thread every day. A casual long thread would also be less demanding in the sense of having to respond to a new one every day. This way people could just post when and if the spirit moves.

Let's hear FOH members' thoughts on this. I'm happy to go either way. I just think one long thread is the better way. ;)

Wilkey

Yesterday was a Bolivar PC, thinking of ordering a 50 cabinet and wanted to smoke one to help with my decision.

Nice flavor but crappy burn, tho that may have been my fault. I'm sure I'll go for the 50.

Today I have a Punch Petit Punch in my shirt pocket for lunch... firecracker.

Seeing as it Memorial Day weekend and the weather is nice, I will pull out a Cohiba Sig VI at some point.

Ken,

Perhaps having a new thread pop up every day would be too cluttery. While you could then sort by date to see what folks are smoking on a given date, I'm not convinced that would be truly essential. Having daily posts in one thread would allow one to easily browse back over the days and weeks without having to pop in and out of threads. We'd just have to page forward or backward. It would be easier to see trends over time if it's one big thread. It would also be simpler in that we wouldn't have to automate the generation of a new thread every day. A casual long thread would also be less demanding in the sense of having to respond to a new one every day. This way people could just post when and if the spirit moves.

Let's hear FOH members' thoughts on this. I'm happy to go either way. I just think one long thread is the better way. ;)

Wilkey

Start a new thread every month on the 1st. Sort the thread (if you can do this) from the latest post first so that you don't have to wade through pages to see the latest listings; the current day is always on top. Encourage the more formal reviews to be companion posted in the review section. Pin the thread to the pinned section. -R

Smoked an 01 RGCE on the way in to work this morning and what a difference a few months in the humi has made. Mild/medium strength, nice light sweet flavors with some mysterious vegetal/woody flavors that I couldn't identify. Solid 86

A running weekly thread like that may make it a little less confusing with us being such an international community working with many different time zones. This way, you could just drop in and say something like, "Monday evening here in sunny San Diego and I just had a...".

to kick off the holiday weekend. I just cracked my 10 box of RA Grandes, Exclusivo Francia. Wow! Dark, dark foreboding wrappers. Perfect construction. Full Flavor, double the flavor of a RASS. Haven't had ANYTHING like it. Full bodied, but still with the trademark RA finesse. These will be incredible in 6 months to a year but are great now. Mind blowing, lost all concentration. Forgot about sex.

Tom our these the RR from Spain? I hope so, for I just picked up a couple of bx.

Last night had a Feb 07 Punch RS12. Still too young and tannic to fully enjoy. I expect they'll be great in a year or two. So I'll put these away for awhile, and smoke the Punch PC del Punch in the mean time.

2 Smokes. Cohiba Sig 1 and Trini Reyes. The little Cohiba blew my mind.. The Trini was, well, meh, ok.