FOH'ers Daily Smoke

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had an Illusione ecj4 this morning. Not bad, little harsh, cedar and leather notes throughout.

After the BBQ this evening I had a Monte Sublime. It had coffee, cream and chocolate notes throughout, final third took on a very heavy cream and cake taste. Wonderful cigar, much nicer than the Monte 2's.

Last night I smoked cigar that was so sweet it made me feel sick, I went and took Bolivar Gold Medal to change the bad taste I had from it.

Let me guess... Swisher Sweet?

Let me guess... Swisher Sweet?

LOL

Nope, it was Perdomo's Slow-Aged Lot 826 Glorioso size (6"x52) Connecticut natural wrapper.

I got it from friend that's why I even smoked it and kept smoking it more than I would in different cases.

First & second Thirds: Sweet, little ceder but too sweet.

Last third: Sweet with touch of coffee, into the last third it became bitter but I still smoked it as for me it was better than sweet.

I'm very sensitive to sweetness I don't drink sweet drinks and I don't add sugar to hot drinks.

So I took the BGM it was refreshing. :-)

Nothing yet today, but yesterday was so nice out I had an 03 BCG in the morning and 03 Sir Winston in the afternoon. Two very different tasting cigars, but both superb.

Last evening I started off with a pair (successively and not at once) of Le Hoyo du Roi. Too bad these are to be discontinued, if I recall correctly. Very nice, woody cigars.

I finished the evening with a Sancho Non Plus that someone had given me. Unique flavors that I find hard to describe, but I did get hints of black licorice a few times. Draw was unpleasantly tight.

Our ORIS National Watch rep popped in yesterday for cigars, wine and dinner at Czar House. We started with a good (but not great Cohiba Robusto). The second cigar was a Partagas Serie D4 (current stock) which was simply divine. They certainly have come back to glory days.

Petit robusto during the day's errands, SLR PC on the porch with Lady Piggy and her broken leg.

The '06 Hoyo PR is one fabulous little cigar. I expected more from the SLR this one was a dud as most of the box have been quite enjoyable.

Revisited an '08 Mag 50 after letting this one dry box for 24 hours.

made a world of difference as this was a very enjoyable smoke.

Had an 08 CoRo which was good but not great, very muted flavors, were consistent not complex.

Morning cigar: Por Larranaga Petite Corona(2008) - Smoked while commuting this morning, overall excellent 45 minutes, in spite of the minor tunneling issue experienced about half way in. Started out with a blast of rich tobacco flavors and then settled down for the duration. Nuts, creaminess, caramel sweetness, slight saltiness intermingled with rich tobacco. Well balanced, fairly complex and paired well with my morning coffee.

night before last, some mates around. one of them gave me one of his last cohiba maduro genios (i keep them at my place so not a stretch). excellent. later i had an 05 partagas P2 which was also terrific.

last night an old - 7 or 8 years - upmann conn 1. richly flavoured. had it with a 1981 ardberg.

Two nights ago it was a 2006 Punch SS#1. Excellent flavors and great strength. Surprisingly it remained pretty smooth down to the nub. Could use some age to smooth it out a bit, but already a great, robust cigar! Just now finished off an Oct 2006 RASSC. I've had a few underwhelming examples from this box, but most have been a pure delight - a favorite for sure. Paired with 15yr El Dorado rum.

R&J Churchill from '06. Solid cigar, perfect construction. Lasted two hours, I could have stretched it but I was in a hurry. Medium to strong body and very smooth all the way through. A nice core wood and toasted tobacco; delicious doughy, sweet-bread flavors from beginning to end. Didn't change much from beginning to end.