FOH'ers Daily Smoke

After my softball game on Sunday, one of the guys was smoking a cigar and I inquired. It was a "backwoods". The type of cigar that comes in a tinfoil wrapper at a gas station, much like a twinkie or a ho-ho.

He offered and I accepted. Tasted like smoking an incense stick. Nasty. Medicinal, like grape children's cough syrup. I don't even think the flavor was grape.

I'll make up for it with a RASS tonight.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smoking a 2000 Punch RS12 tonight. Still quite strong after 9 years, but taste great with a nice floral aroma. Hopefully I can keep a couple to try in another nine years...

Through the first third of an 07 JL#2 and I must say that the box has turned a corner and is showing some exceptional flavor along with a developing complexity. Going to have to try to pace the rest...

Smoked my first Monte Sublime last night out of an August box. great first half cigar then became extremely harsh and bitter and had to put it down with about 3 inches left. Finished the evening with a MAR 06 Party Connie 3 and some HC7, now that is a great pairing. I'm seriously considering an 01 lancero later today with some fresh coffee.

Two nights ago, a phenomenal Bolivar Coronas Gigantes. Thanks to mbrody for the generous hook-up. All sweet spices and hints of cloves in the first third, then a very prominent citrus character beginning in the 2nd third and lasting all the way to the end. Loved every bit of it...

Last night an ERDM Choix Supreme...

Tonight, a Bolivar Simones RE Canada...

Landmark day for me today :cigar:

I've only had two cubans before today.. Both were Cohiba Maduro 5 Secretos gifted to me by a friend from the forums here.

Today I received some of my own cubans for the first time! Big day for me. In the next 20 minutes I will be lighting my first cuban, a bolivar coronas jr. Nothing special really, but something new and exciting for me. Look forward to many many more in the future.

I'll be sure to update my post in about an hour when it has finished ;)

Big day for me. In the next 20 minutes I will be lighting my first cuban, a bolivar coronas jr. Nothing special really, but something new and exciting for me.

The BCJ is an excellent cigar - I hope you enjoy it. If it seems a little disjointed, give the rest some time to acclimatize before you try another.

The BCJ is an excellent cigar - I hope you enjoy it. If it seems a little disjointed, give the rest some time to acclimatize before you try another.

Very good ! I did enjoy it ;)

I did however have some draw issues, it stayed lit, but had quite a few hard pulls. A friend smoked one with me and his burned very nice, still I plan on giving them some time before I light another. Maybe a month or so.

I enjoy looking at 'em a bit to much though! Everytime I walk past the humidor I stop and stare for a few minutes. Pics

** You must forgive me if my lingo is WAY wrong. I am what some would call a "newbie" to cigars **

Smoking a Partagas Salomones LCDH from Rob. God, what a great cigar. Rich like the best of Lusitanias. Extracted like the best of a Shorts. And smooth, smooth, smooth. Just freakin' heavy, pungent, dense, delicious deep tobacco flavor. All leather and humus. One of the best cigars I've had in months.

Wilkey

Tonight a Feb 08 Mag 46. Ridiculiously good for such a young cigar. Opens strong then Medium body with heavy doses of cream, fruit, spice and nuts (and to rip Ken off) that keep flowing and flowing. Lots of smoke and just coats the palette. I can still taste it...Ginseng, glad to hear the Party Salomone was smoking well. Looking forward to lighting one soon. And perfectform, glad to hear you enjoyed the BCG!

Had a Bolivar Corona Gigante.

A nice cigar but I was somewhat disappointed.

Not because it was bad... but mainly because it was boring. I was hoping for characteristic complexity and development... but this one was bland and flat. It was very smooth and free of rough edges - but it didn't take me anywhere.

I hit The Valdai for Russian Independence Day weekend. In between fishing, sitting in the sauna, and grilling "shashlyki", I had:

Montecristo Especiale 2 - Brilliant 10/10

Cohiba Siglo IV - good, underwhelming 8.5/10

BBF - Big bad smelly tasty mofo 10/10

Had a Bolivar Corona Gigante.

A nice cigar but I was somewhat disappointed.

Not because it was bad... but mainly because it was boring. I was hoping for characteristic complexity and development... but this one was bland and flat. It was very smooth and free of rough edges - but it didn't take me anywhere.

I had exactly same thoughts when I smoked Bolivar Colosales RE 2006 today.

Saturday night a 2007 VR Classicos. Beautiful smoke and surprisingly smooth for such a young cigar. Loved it. Tonight a 2006 RASCC - a perennial favorite and this one is surprisingly stong and on the tannic side. Paired with Abuelo - a seven year old Panamanian rum which is a tremendous value at $20/bottle.

Enjoying a Vegueros Especial from circa 2001.

It is remarkably similar to the 1997 Monte Especial blind tasted in last weeks video. Grassy (long dry stalks), smooth with a hint of clove. Very nice morning cigar