FOH'ers Daily Smoke

Smoked a nice Short Story for breakfast and burned a simply beautiful WOAM this afternoon.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a long weekend up in the mountains and got a chance to smoke a few. Started with a BGM, it was underfilled and performed poorly. H upmann #2 was med/full, good constr., earthy, dark tobacco, reminded me of the Cuaba EL, good smoke. HDM DC, great construction, great prelight aroma, great flavors, leather,wood,milk chocolate, a little spice here and there, complex.Good smoke. BCG, good constr, great Boli flavors, with cream on top, great smoke. All of these smokes I got as singles, so they should be 08's.

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished a RJ Duke 209 LE.

I found it to be quite a nice smoke considering their quite new with an easy draw, medium to strong with a base of earthy, wood tones. On first light, it was quite spicy but mellowed toward the second third.

Friday night an 08 PSD4 that was just outstanding. The entire box has been so far. Paired with a little Cruzan Single Barrel.

Yesterday after dinner was an Oliva Serie V Maduro for a change of pace, paired with a little Zacapa 23. Excellent dessert combo.

Earlier this morning, an 01 SLR Lonsdale. I agree with tigger. Some more time for these would do them justice.

Now, an 01 LGC M'dO No. 2...beautifully subtle and floral smoke. Just love these.

Cheers!

Went to the Pistol Range for some pratice with my Glock Model 21, 45.

On the way to the range, I smoked a 08 Partagas Short that was by far the best Short I have had in several years, well since 05 any way. Sweet peppery spice, rich tobacco, earthy and basically WOW for a small Habano.

Smoked a 07 PLPC while at the range, and while these are still young, they are beginning to have the distintive carmel flavor known in the PL Marca.

Finally I pulled out one of my last 1997 Bolivar PC's for the ride home and was not disappointed. There is a good reason to age your cigars! This was a Bolivar that met every expectation!

Friday night a 07 Partagas Connie#3 - what a great smoke. Nubbed is not the word. How about "roach."

Last night a mag46. Satisfying.

Today a VR Don Alejandro while playing Golf. Cocoa and spice, linear till the end. Great burn and perfect for the course.

BTW, Tampa, my 07 Party Shorts are smoking as you described...WOW is the word, however, they took about a year to get to WOW. Sounds like 08 is there ROTT...

Friday night I lit up an El Rey del Mundo Lunch Club (07) for a short smoke. Not bad for a smoke that is so small in stature, but overall it was just an okay smoke. The flavor profile did not change and the cigar was a bit flat.

Saturday night I enjoyed a Trinidad Reyes (08). It was a bit on the young side, but was a very good smoke with an evolving flavor profile that really came through. The end was a bit bitter, likely due to youth, but would definitely improve with some age.

On Friday afternoon I an ERDM Tainos from 1997. It was a well constructed cigar and burned beautifully. I really enjoyed this cigar. It remained medium bodied throughout. Throughout the cigar there were subtle notes of spice, wood, pepper and cedar. There also remained a real sweetness on the lips throughout and an aroma that I can only describe as being cake-like or a sweet type of bread. Anyways, this was a very nice afternoon smoke and I look forward to the rest of the box.

On Friday afternoon I an ERDM Tainos from 1997. It was a well constructed cigar and burned beautifully. I really enjoyed this cigar. It remained medium bodied throughout. Throughout the cigar there were subtle notes of spice, wood, pepper and cedar. There also remained a real sweetness on the lips throughout and an aroma that I can only describe as being cake-like or a sweet type of bread. Anyways, this was a very nice afternoon smoke and I look forward to the rest of the box.

I've only ever smoked one ERDM Tiano & remember a distinctly sweet flavor. Wish these were still around. Started today with a very disappointing 07 SCDH El Principe. Truthfully, I haven't enjoyed these since my 01s finished. Made up for it with my second from a box of JUN 08 Lusis. Nice flavor & body- these might be the best post 95 Lusis I've smoked.

Can you believe it is past 9pm here in LA and still 90 degrees F outside? :hot:

Live in the South and It's that hot here at almost 2:30 am and 90+ humidity!

suddenly I don't feel so bad...

Can you believe it is past 9pm here in LA and still 90 degrees F outside? :hot:

Live in the South and It's that hot here at almost 2:30 am and 90+ humidity!

I'm sure the wildfires aren't helping keep things cool either. Was back in OC two weeks ago. Temperature was great. Mid to upper 60s at night. mid to upper 70s during the day. I truly miss SoCal weather.

Siglo VI 08. Tasted really bland! Smoke from the burning foot smelled good. Me thinks they need to sleep for a LONG time. It may never improve. Fired up a CoRo 06 right after to get the taste I was after.

had my first ever la flor dominicana coronado, very enjoyable cigar, so many flavors, a very rich smoke also very strong

I love the flavor of this cigar as well. It is one of my favorites.