FOH'ers Daily Smoke

had my first RASS last night. Will not be the last based on last night's experience.

Buttered scones opening, spice and hay/dry grass 2nd third, slightest bit of ammonia last inch but im assuming a young cigar (bought as a singe couple of months ago). 92/100. ripper!

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Steve, you might have a little competition. the last one I lit up was an easy 93-94 point smoke and I'm having a seriously good week at the tables :cigar:

partagas SD4 tonight. rich tobacco and heavy leather throughout. hinted at coffee beans and spice but never really came about. pretty straight forward flavours really and so bloody strong had to rest it for 1 minute plus between puffs to keep the tannic taste away. bought as a single and I'm assuming young.

I'm guessing these things need some age?? I mean it was still very good just a bit rough and not very complex

'08 Boli Inmensas w/ some pomegranate iced tea (working) nice medium/medium full smoke. very enjoyable.

have a good one...

I thought 07 was the last year they were made. Learn something new...

I had a sadly expired 97 MC Especiale #1.

-09 SLR Pacificos: muted, but some nice coffee/chocolate/honey flavor.

-09 RA Celestiales Finos: Poor draw, bad burn; opening puffs were fantastic RA flavor and the rest was absolutely terrible.

-09 Boli Esp.#2: a tad underfilled, but deliciously Bolivar flavor.

I also recently sampled the Boli Esp. No. 2. It had a very firm draw up untill the beginning of the second third, where it really opened up. It was pretty disappointing considering how it felt in hand prior to lighting. I'm curious as to how the draw was on yours?

JLP Cazadores Sept '06.

Smooth and gentle, good straight burn, nice aroma, very enjoyable.

Money well spent!

'08 HdM Epi 1 while working on development proposals - made it a lot more enjoyable! Good mid-day smoke that may become habitual.

Enjoy your smokes....

Punch Serie D'Oro No. 1 ('08 UK regional).

Spice at first. Mostly toasted tobacco. Leather. Earth.

These are going to be stellar in a couple years. For today though, an 02 RyJ Cazadores.

'08 BBF. 1st BBF I've had in about a year. Real nice, medium-medium full. enjoyable on a 90-degree afternoon...

Dodgers knocking on the door...

Enjoy your smokes...

Upmann PC: perfect draw and burn. first third was mild with a hint of sweetness, with wood and spice developing in the second third. Burned a little hot in the last third, so laid it to rest.

Had only been in the humi a week since it arrived from the Czar. Got another that I'll try in a few weeks...

Diplomaticos 4: One of the best cigars I have had this year, and for $20! Burn was perfect considering a tightish draw yet the flavour that was extracted from this small cigar was unbelievable. I was at Opera bar on Sydney Harbour and multiple people commented on how nice the aroma of the smoke was.. I actually had to refrain myself from offering them a puff of it at times!! Full of dark chocolate and chestnut from start to finish, I could not say enough good things about this brand. Easy a 90-92.

Smoked and HdM Petit Robusto last night. It was not inspiring. It was my first of the vitola, so maybe my expectations were out of line. Who knows...will be giving it another try though.