FOH'ers Daily Smoke

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PL Robusto AP - The foot had a split, so it got sacrificed. Very mild opening with some leather, cream and citrus. 2nd Third - Whammo - complexity and strength that reminds me of a CoRo, just different flavors. Turned out to be an excellent smoke to the nub.

Amazing smoke tonight. One of the best in my short time (less than a year) smoking cigars...

Por Larranaga petit corona.

Might be way off with the description, but raw sugar and cream in the first third, intensifying in the second. Became stronger in the last third, but still mild, with leather and tobacco notes.

Fantastic cigar. Wouldn't hesitate in buying a cab if I had the spare cash. Singles will have to do for now...

No doubt. The PLPC is my favorite petit corona. You just can't go wrong with these sticks...especially with 12 mos. or more of age. Absolutely freakin' incredible smokes.

Smoked a Rafael Gonzalez Coronas Extra after enjoying a sushi/sashimi dinner with my wife and some friends at Koi last night. Chose this cigar as it is fairly light and I didn't want it to overpower me after a dinner of some incredible fish and amazing sake. It didn't disappoint. However, someone decided to join me outside lighting up a RyJ Habano Reserve churchill. I had to step away a bit as the aroma of his cigar was overpowering mine.

PL Robusto AP - The foot had a split, so it got sacrificed. Very mild opening with some leather, cream and citrus. 2nd Third - Whammo - complexity and strength that reminds me of a CoRo, just different flavors. Turned out to be an excellent smoke to the nub.

The first one out of my box was not as good as one sent my way from a BOTL. I'll have to revisit this cigar soon.

Two days ago, I smoked the last of a Partagas Lusitania out of a 3-pack. The first two were out of this world great and this one is no different. I haven't bought any cigars in a couple of months, but now a 50 cab of these looks real tempting!

Enjoyed a La Gloria Cubana Medaille d'Or No. 3 last night on the porch. Lots of smoke. Very smooth. Light-to-medium bodied. Believe it or not, it tasted a little like a PLPC in the last third. Very interesting. Burn was pretty good, never got hot. Was able to nub this baby without any bitterness. Would definitely recommend this smoke.

Trinidad Reyes. Small, full-bodied, snappy, as good as they always have been.

RA Celestiales Finos. The RA Celfinos swing keeps on swinging. After a two more bland ones, got another that was strong, harsh, and unsatisfying. Blech. What's the point of reviving an attractive vitola when the guts are as consistent as the springtime/falltime weather in New England? Meaning, not consistent at all.

Wilkey

Smoked an H. Upmann Monarca en tubo this evening. Great flavors, but the draw bordered on being plugged. Really had to work for this one.

08 Tubos H. Upmann Magnum 46.. The worst cigar I have had in months to be frank. It looked promising with a dark smooth wrapper, but the only flavour it produced was brick, as if you were to run your tongue along a brick wall. One dimensional and mild, I tossed it after the halfway mark.

Tonight and El Rey del Mundo Lunch Club. Nice and chilly out this evening, and it was a very enjoyable quick smoke allowing me to get back in and watch the World Series. Decent burn, prodigious amounts of smoke...did I mention it was also delicious?