FOH'ers Daily Smoke

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday, had an H.Upmann 46-magnificent, later in the day, had a Boli Petit Corona-also excellent. Having a BBQ today, gonna fire up CORO and maybe a mag 50, or might go with a NC-Tatuaje. Will see how the day works out.

Had a 98 Le Hoyo des Dieux this mornin, my first smoke made in the 90's :innocent:

The wrapper on this had a light dusting of plume/bloom, a couple of green spots and a small orange sunburst on it. Also this wrapper seemed thicker than most.

Very strong smell of tobacco/cedar at cold.

1st 3rd was dominated by cream with an undercurrent of wood and butter'd toast

2nd 3rd still cream with wood trying to battle for first position and that butter'd toast lagging behind

Last 3rd saw the wood blow by the cream with a sweet tobacco taste underneath.

I gotta say the flavors of this smoke were really in your face, bold, unmistakebly cream,wood etc.,

and the smoke seemed to have weight to it. Also the finish/aftertaste was very long.

This was a memorable experience.

Many thanks to Jim, "Anacostiakat", for this.

Over the Labor Day holiday...I enjoyed a CoRo (LPA MAY 08) that could still use some aging and a Padilla Series '68 which was fanstastic.

hoyo epicure 2

had a dodgy night at work (bottle-o), cigar just what the doctor ordered

found this lighter bodied but flavoursome, nice creamy smoke, tasty white pepper throughout and some coffee (esp 2nd third)

probably better as an afternoon cigar but enjoyed nonetheless! :P

I hope you all enjoy your weekends!

Currently finishing up the opening 1/3 of a delicious 02 Partagas Lonsdale out of a cab. This is one easy cigar to smoke- very creamy, bright leather and fruity notes with an underlying partagas spice. I must ration these as I will likely never find another cab of these beauties.

Friday was a Siglo IV that needed more slumber so I'm going to leave his fellows alone for a year or two; yesterday afternoon I had a H. Upmann Sir Winston. Wow! Just incredible. Post dinner a beautiful RASS. Today I'm thinking maybe a Punch Punch and a Monte #2. I missed my usual Sunday morning Monte #4, and the day just won't be right.

Saturday night I smoked a Hoyo Regalos EL 2007 with a good friend. This was a fantastic little smoke. I found it to show layers of different flavors. It started out strong with strong notes pepper and some spice, which I found to be a little different from the regular Hoyo line, but then again this is an EL. Then followed by strong notes of coocoa, wood and some cream. The spice never totally disappeared. The burn, draw and construction were excellent. I think this cigar has some legs to it, more so than the Hoyo piramides which seem to go up and down. I still have 2/3 of the box to go and I will hold off for now.

Thanks to a great BOTL I was able to enjoy a 95 Bolivar Royal Corona over the weekend. Very refined, complex and just delicious. I would guess this would be the best time to smoke this cigar as opposed to 10 years from now but who knows. :D

Started the week with a PLPC - my first ever.

Very impressed. Disctinctly milky/nutty taste. Couldn't get the damn thing to burn in the last third.

Will be coming back to this cigar

Kanga...sorry to hear about the burn issue, that blows. I love this cigar. One of my favorites.

Usually I hold Cohibas until 3 years old, but curiousity got to me today & I opened a box of ABR 08 Siglo Vs. Wonderful smoke- perfect draw, smooth & sweet flavor. One of the sweetest flavors of any cigar I've smoked. It will be hard to age these now.

Smoked an amazing Yolanda shagfoot custom roll yesterday. The gentleman who commissions these calls them Escobas and has them blended for his taste. Thankfully he likes what I like. Think ultra-smooth PSD4 will all the flavors and spice of a PSD4, but none of the bitterness or harshness. Basically what I would imagine a well aged PSD4 to be like.

finally popped open my box of 08 psd4's from the best of 2008 sale. First one in, like sucking on a brick wall. After trying to massage it open, decided to just grab a Monte 2, excellent decision :rotfl:

I think I'll start dry boxing again with these young smokes

Phil

Seems to be some construction issues with these. I had one from an '08 box the other day and it was a wind tunnel.

• 3 weeks later...
Thought I'd resurrect this one...

Siglo IV with a Boddington's. creamy and, well, creamy...

enjoy your smokes...

lol thanks! I couldn't find it for a while!

ok over the weekend had an Upmann mag 46 (after seeing the big-ups on foh) and it sure was great!!. probably the purest coffee flavour I've got from a cigar thus far, but very well integrated. had some more nice cigars after but I fell increasingly into a drunken stupor (actually really dirty on myself for that, waste of good cigars really)

Two great smokes last night. Started off with an El Rey del Mundo Choix Supreme before dinner. Great cigar. Light to medium bodied with some sweetness throughout. Loved it. Followed up dinner with a Sir Winston. I believe it was an older one as it still had the brown band, I purchased it as a single from Czar a ways back. Utterly phenomenal. I think I have just found my favorite Churchill. Much preferred it to the Cohiba, RyJ, HdM or Punch Churchills I have tried so far. Just an amazing smoke.

Over the Labor Day holiday...I enjoyed a CoRo (LPA MAY 08) that could still use some aging and a Padilla Series '68 which was fanstastic.

Also have a box of the CoRo LPA MAY 08 and after smoking 2 I have to agree could still use some aging.

Smoked two cigars last night. The first was an El Rey del Mundo Choix Supreme before dinner. Phenomenal sweetness came from this cigar. Ligt to medium in body. Great burn. Aromotic smoke, and plent of it. A true delight. The second cigar after dinner was a Sir Winston. My God...probably the best churchill I have ever smoked. This was an older one I got from Czar a ways back. It was still sporting the brown label. I see a box of these coming my way in the near future.