FOH'ers Daily Smoke

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last Friday we started the new season with our local Cigar Club in Naples...what a start!

I had as appetizer a very good Partagas Shorts, then fired up a monumental RA Phenicios - which has been one of the best cigars i ever smoked! - and then I ended the evening, thanks to the generosity of one of our members - with a very fresh and pleasant Cohiba Corona Especial Reserva ;)

The Phaenicos was really outstanding: amazingly smooth, very aromatic in hazelnuts, wood and coffee.

Right this instant, I am typing this from my iphone outside, warm Melbourne night, small glass of Zacappa rum in hand and a Cohiba Secretos. Kids are sound asleep, wifes gone to work. ;)

H. Upmann Aromaticos #1 Cello Dec/'97.

One of my last from this box, and one of the best.

Finally starting to mellow out.

Perfect burn and draw, nice Upmann flavours.

Tonight a Bolivar Belicosos Finos. A very strong earthy smoke. Lots of smoke, fairly even burn. Touched it up once and had to relight it once. Thought it was okay, but not great. Purchased as a single, so no box code, but I think it ws an '08.

Last night I smoked a Romeo y Julieta Cedros De Luxe No. 2. This is usually a mellow cigar, but this one was a little too mellow. The cigar had a bit less than two years age on it. I enjoyed the RyJ Cedros De Luxe No. 3 I smoked last month better.

watched 'the departed' - it really is a great flick - with an aged (around 8 to 10 years, i believe - lost the info) hoyo DC. lovely smoke. very mild, subtle, gentle spices. a very low key cigar. really enjoyed it but it is not a cigar that evolves much while smoking it. has been a good box and as they have got a little older, they have become more subtle and milder but have not picked up much complexity. i'd have gone 89-90. had it first with a glass of arberg 17 year old malt. first time i've tried it. much more subtle and less strongly peaty than the standard. and then with an appleton 21 yar old rum. and that was the highlight of the night.

off topic - Ken i've never tried rum straight until a friend bought round some Appleton reserve 8yo. Lovely aroma but a bit too strong to drink straight. how does older stuff work - like whisky, smoother and complex - and does the taste become like the nice aroma when young?

On topic - smoked a Partagas Princess last night, 07 or 08 can't remember i've got a box, very mild for the brand in fact overly so. definite leather and hay, tinges of pepper and mint but not enough flavour for after dinner. Well constructed 30mn good cheap smoke for when you don't want to pay attention to cigar.