Let's talk about watches...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lange 1 in rose gold. Took a little while to arrive.

The only priceless watch in my collection. My Mom told me if I graduated college w a 4.0 GPA she would buy me whatever watch I wanted for graduation. It proved to be good motivation and my Dad almost

New early 40th birthday gift for myself. Omega Seamaster Diver 300  

5 hours ago, ShaazK said:

It means Enamel. Indicating the finish on the dial. PP only makes a few references with the enamel dial, really interesting process

My wife's Omega has an enamel dial in white. It reflects a bit too much for me. I think that's due to white as much as enamel. Looks great though!

4 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:
My wife's Omega has an enamel dial in white.  It reflects a bit too much for me.  I think that's due to white as much as enamel. Looks great though!

It definitely does reflect. Not enough to bug you, but the effect is there for sure vs other dials that dampen or diffuse more. The colour does make it less pronounced, and adds depth and variety based on lighting conditions as well.

Pics of the Omega? Such great watches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, ShaazK said:

It definitely does reflect. Not enough to bug you, but the effect is there for sure vs other dials that dampen or diffuse more. The colour does make it less pronounced, and adds depth and variety based on lighting conditions as well.

Pics of the Omega? Such great watches.

Elys Omega 2.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RDB said:

That Patek…my word.

I'd say without a doubt the finest piece out of all 48 pages on this thread. Haute horology at it's best. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Cayman17 said:

Picked up a Zenith Chronomaster Open 39.5 mm with steel bracelet yesterday in a duty free jewelry store yesterday. This slightly smaller, open heart model was reintroduced in 2023, I believe. It has a power reserve and wears a lot like a Rolex GMT, in my opinion. The bracelet looks like an oyster but with a slight taper to the links. I’ve always wanted a Zenith so I went for it. Got a pretty good deal from an authorized dealer, so I’m happy. 

Are the white numbers near the nine printed on glass on the dial or the backside of the crystal? Neat watch!

8 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Are the white numbers near the nine printed on glass on the dial or the backside of the crystal?  Neat watch!

I believe the numbers are printed on a separate piece of hesalite located under the crystal. That is actually the regular seconds counter. The large slim hand that looks like the second hand is actually a sweep hand that moves at 1/10 of a second when activated. I’m really enjoying this purchase. Thanks for the kind words! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Are the white numbers near the nine printed on glass on the dial or the backside of the crystal? Neat watch!

6 hours ago, Cayman17 said:

I believe the numbers are printed on a separate piece of hesalite located under the crystal. That is actually the regular seconds counter. The large slim hand that looks like the second hand is actually a sweep hand that moves at 1/10 of a second when activated. I’m really enjoying this purchase. Thanks for the kind words! 

You are correct, the 60 second dial at 9 is a piece of hesalite with the printing. Here you can see it more clearly.

image.png.d6f1965c7c2f1291a851ee2aa7f67434.png

image.png.fe438eee77419a5da589fbea0a6dc0d3.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/25/2024 at 11:30 PM, Cayman17 said:
Picked up a Zenith Chronomaster Open 39.5 mm with steel bracelet yesterday in a duty free jewelry store. This slightly smaller open heart model was reintroduced in 2023, I believe. It has a power reserve and wears a lot like a Rolex GMT, in my opinion. The bracelet looks like an oyster but with a slight taper to the links. I’ve always wanted a Zenith so I went for it. Got a pretty good deal from an authorized dealer, so I’m happy.

Really nice complication the 1/10. Not easy to engineer elegantly and uses a great deal of energy to run.

• Thanks 1

Not mine, most certainly! Have never crossed paths with a Greubel Forsey before. I didn’t have the nerve to ask my friend what this thing costs. Not my cup of tea, even if I had alot more money! Figured I would post for the watch geeks here as you don’t see these in the wild often (at least in the circles I run in!). 

28852EC6-1084-42C9-94DC-D1B1B594C803.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El Hoze said:

Not mine, most certainly! Have never crossed paths with a Greubel Forsey before. I didn’t have the nerve to ask my friend what this thing costs. Not my cup of tea, even if I had alot more money! Figured I would post for the watch geeks here as you don’t see these in the wild often (at least in the circles I run in!).

Thanks for posting. Not my cup of tea either. I have a few buddies with Richard Mille’s and I’m in same boat. Not for me. My hunch is it’s basically a show of wealth regardless of what they say!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El Hoze said:

Very much a geek and a fanatic, but still not a fan of Greubel Forsey. I find them a bit hard to look at l, just like MB&F, not for me. Ever.

Richard Mille on the other hand are amazing from an engineering and haute horological perspective. Unbelievable how much technology and advancement he’s brought to watch making.

• Like 1