Let's talk about watches...

15 minutes ago, SCgarman said:

At 322 grams it is the heaviest Rolex by far. The Platinum Daytona was the heaviest, weighing in at 280 grams. There will definitely be wrist fatigue with a 3/4 pound solid gold watch. My gold Sub is 228 grams.

My heaviest is my white gold GMT Pepsi. I love the weight, but I never wear it if I’m doing something active. I fish alot, zero shot I would wear it fishing. Too heavy. 322g is insane! 

B82738C3-C2DE-4F66-BF22-2CDE68B864F2.jpeg

• Like 2

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lange 1 in rose gold. Took a little while to arrive.

The only priceless watch in my collection. My Mom told me if I graduated college w a 4.0 GPA she would buy me whatever watch I wanted for graduation. It proved to be good motivation and my Dad almost

New early 40th birthday gift for myself. Omega Seamaster Diver 300  

On 4/11/2024 at 7:34 PM, El Hoze said:

I agree too the Milgauss and a watch meant to operate in space are not for everyone. I’d say it applies here too. Hey, if you have the money and you’re a big baller, and think it looks good! Wear what you like. 

Inner case to protect against magnetism if pretty common feature. 

1 hour ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Inner case to protect against magnetism if pretty common feature. 

I think what most Rolex purists find most objectionable about the Milgauss are the color schemes and the lightning bolt second hand. I personally do not like the second hand. The color schemes I find kind of cool. 

2 hours ago, Dr Process said:
Agree that the solid gold deep sea is pointless.  But, why let that ruin it?  It’s a conversation starter. Tiger used to wear a Rolex deepsea, I think. 

I very much agree. If you love it, enjoy it. I almost never set a moon phase correctly or use a split seconds or other chrono function other than for visual enjoyment - never to practically time things or track werewolves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any thoughts on 2024 Rolex 1908? I'm still deciding how I feel about it overall but kinda sharp. Has a platinum case & see through back (which feels un-rolex).

I do have metal/silver djs so wouldn't mind the 1908 or cellini type but wouldn't be my next choice either.

IMG_5598.jpeg

• Like 3

The guilloche work on the 1908 is amazing; really makes the color pop. As much as I like it (and it's a very close second), the one platinum watch from Watches and Wonders this year that blew me away even more was the Cartier Tortue Monopoussoir. Both are dream watches for sure...a very, very expensive dream.

WW24_CARTIER_PRIVE_WHTO0008_CLOSE_UP_30x24(1).jpg.2e02c04cdff53bf4d6398637ea3b867e.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Habanoschris said:
Any thoughts on 2024 Rolex 1908? I'm still deciding how I feel about it overall but kinda sharp. Has a platinum case & see through back (which feels un-rolex).
I do have metal/silver djs so wouldn't mind the 1908 or cellini type but wouldn't be my next choice either.

I really like this watch. I would never buy a Rolex for myself, but this is a very nice piece and the workmanship looks excellent.

Can’t bring myself to pay up for what’s essentially a mass produced brand.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Habanoschris said:

That's about the only modern Rolex you can wear in public without worry of being robbed. 

21 hours ago, chasy said:

I’m a sucker for the light blue dial. Rolex or otherwise. For the price there are others I’d pursue, but when I first saw it, I did like it.

If you like light blue dials and want an exceptional value on a new watch The Omega Speedmaster 38 is quite a deal.  Watch cases are returning to traditional sizes. They do not look small on a normal wrist by any means. 

The Speedmaster 38 compared to a Seamaster is a stunning value.  It seems like a typo or mistake looking at the price.

omega-speedmaster-38-co-axial-chronometer-chronograph-38-mm-32430385003001-71837e[1].png

omega-speedmaster-38-co-axial-chronometer-chronograph-38-mm-32430385003002-829796[1].png

• Like 4

12 hours ago, ShaazK said:

Can’t bring myself to pay up for what’s essentially a mass produced brand.

Technically, that is why people buy Rolex. For recognition. It's becoming a bit ironic that too many people are being recognized, diminishing the return. 

7 hours ago, Hammer Smokin said:
Technically, that is why people buy Rolex. For recognition. It's becoming a bit ironic that too many people are being recognized, diminishing the return. 

You’re right about this, there’s too many to be special. To be fair I do like the right kind of recognition. When wearing a nice piece or seeing one on someone else’s wrist and it strikes up a conversation with an enthusiast.

10 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

If you like light blue dials and want an exceptional value on a new watch The Omega Speedmaster 38 is quite a deal.  Watch cases are returning to traditional sizes. They do not look small on a normal wrist by any means. 

The Speedmaster 38 compared to a Seamaster is a stunning value. It seems like a typo or mistake looking at the price.

That is a beautiful watch!  And I love Omega Watches!!! 😍

5 hours ago, Gamehawker said:
That is a beautiful watch!   And I love Omega Watches!!!

100%. Omega are so underrated I can’t understand it. Amazing quality, timeless classics, great history etc.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2024 at 11:15 AM, El Hoze said:

That is 100% a monstrosity. Having a gold Seadweller officially moves it out of the category it was intended to be in. I see tons of guys wearing Seadwellers who don’t want to get their hair wet. Having said that, the gold and blue looks awesome. I would never wear it or pay for it but I could never pull it off. 

Totally agree. I love Rolex, but that watch is a 'desk diver'. Most guys that would buy this, would never get their hair wet... much less the watch!

I've been a scuba diver for more than 30 years and still wear my old DOXA Sub 300T. Has never let me down. Nice piece to wear on a weekend, and a true tool watch fit to my purposes when I'm underwater. Still available from DOXA US at a nice price.

• Like 1

Picked up this Seiko UFO/Yachtman 6138-0011. It was recently serviced and came to me with a lume touch up that was also relatively recently done. Came with some extra links for the classic (but replacement) early 70’s Seiko band.
Keeps good time and all functions work well as intended for an old watch. Will be added into the chronograph rotation.
Took a deep dive on these movements- quite the innovation for the time. Seiko also goes end to end on production of every part and manufacturing of the oils. Fun back story. Hopefully the watch holds up to some everyday wear. Fun watch that didn’t break the bank.

IMG_2518.jpg

• Like 4