Let's talk about watches...

32 minutes ago, BrightonCorgi said:

How long was it in Biel?  They like to take their time.  I've had watches out almost 6 months with them.  Great watch!

It was there for 8 months.  It was originally due to be back to me in September (11 months) so it was a nice surprise!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lange 1 in rose gold. Took a little while to arrive.

The only priceless watch in my collection. My Mom told me if I graduated college w a 4.0 GPA she would buy me whatever watch I wanted for graduation. It proved to be good motivation and my Dad almost

New early 40th birthday gift for myself. Omega Seamaster Diver 300  

8 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Cigar Swatch

I've been looking for that one in every swatch retailer I visit... haven't seen them online for a reasonable price either.... 

• 2 weeks later...

Samsung Galaxy Watch Pro 5 LTE

I've been pretty happy with the Mobvoi Ticwatch 5 Pro but there's no LTE version, so got this one.

Edit: this one has sapphire crystal

PXL_20230723_022531282.jpg

Edit: Liking the number of configurable complications

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Got the Apple watch ultra. It's a nice watch. From a look and feel perspective my best smartwatch. Also double the battery life of a regular Apple watch, so you can do sleep tracking and generally depend on it to last more than a single waking day.

On the other hand functionally, the wear os/Android watches are ahead.

PXL_20230801_032743413.jpg

• Like 2

On 7/6/2023 at 4:38 PM, SpecialK said:

I've been looking for that one in every swatch retailer I visit... haven't seen them online for a reasonable price either....

Can be found for around $225 USD. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/8/2023 at 1:02 PM, Chucko8 said:

Picked up a Blancpain x Swatch combo

Never seen that one before!  Very cool.  We'll have to read up on those.  I've seen the Speedmaster Swatch's; is the newer or older than that release?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Never seen that one before!  Very cool.  We'll have to read up on those.  I've seen the Speedmaster Swatch's; is the newer or older than that release?

Yeah they released these in September. https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/the-swatch-x-blancpain-scuba-fifty-fathoms

Here is some info on it.

4 hours ago, Chucko8 said:

Yeah they released these in September. https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/the-swatch-x-blancpain-scuba-fifty-fathoms

Here is some info on it.

I found some on Chrono24 of differing colors.  Does it feel super light on the wrist?  How's the bezel?  Does it feel like a quality one?  Been looking for an active watch.

16 minutes ago, BrightonCorgi said:

I found some on Chrono24 of differing colors.  Does it feel super light on the wrist?  How's the bezel?  Does it feel like a quality one?  Been looking for an active watch.

It feels very light on the wrist but definitely not as light as moon swatch. it feels quality on the bezel and gives a pleasing feedback on the rotation. To be honest it feels better than one may expect for a non metallic watch/movement. It is definitely a better quality product all-round then the moon versions. I can give a further update on it in a few weeks after more time on the wrist. They had the green option available at the time when i picked up this orange artic version yesterday. But decided the beige orange combo paired better with more of my wardrobe 

6C7F0D2F-7B0A-416E-A96C-524CB90B17FA.jpeg

• Like 1

On 10/8/2023 at 11:26 PM, Chucko8 said:

It feels very light on the wrist but definitely not as light as moon swatch. it feels quality on the bezel and gives a pleasing feedback on the rotation. To be honest it feels better than one may expect for a non metallic watch/movement. It is definitely a better quality product all-round then the moon versions. I can give a further update on it in a few weeks after more time on the wrist. They had the green option available at the time when i picked up this orange artic version yesterday. But decided the beige orange combo paired better with more of my wardrobe 

Fifty Fathoms is on my bucket list.  Love the color

• Like 1