Let's talk about watches...

On 10/10/2023 at 5:50 AM, Seacliff said:

I have a thing for German watches and have a few made by Sinn.  My latest attached and has Abalone mother of pearl as the moon phase.  As a big Ab diver over the years, I couldn't resist "Just One More Watch"   :)

Serious watch.  Pretty cool.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lange 1 in rose gold. Took a little while to arrive.

The only priceless watch in my collection. My Mom told me if I graduated college w a 4.0 GPA she would buy me whatever watch I wanted for graduation. It proved to be good motivation and my Dad almost

New early 40th birthday gift for myself. Omega Seamaster Diver 300  

16 hours ago, Chucko8 said:

Finally got my speed master 125 back from Biel after 8 months. Happy with the results though 

What circa is that watch?  Looks like from late 70's.  Very cool.  Beefy case.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Fuzz said:

My old man loves Sinn watches. I got him this one a few years back.

This is a great, classic looking timer. Tough and practical. Only thing I would want is ‘count up’ not ‘count down’ on the bezel!

• Like 1

On 10/11/2023 at 5:38 PM, Fuzz said:

My old man loves Sinn watches. I got him this one a few years back.

Ahhhh yes  - very nice. The good son... Sinn military watch 104 I believe.. I have the numeral version in green  :)

20231016_174044_resized.jpg

• Like 3

In addition to German watches, vintage style watches are in my collection.  This is a Seagull 1963 reissue and was originally created at that time for Chinese military pilots.  There are lots of Seagull 1963 "knock-offs" but this one was made under the same spec and comes from the same factory as the original.   

image.jpeg.0f75c78ec8df0012e64f8259a150ffb4.jpeg

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Seacliff said:

In addition to German watches, vintage style watches are in my collection.  This is a Seagull 1963 reissue and was originally created at that time for Chinese military pilots.  There are lots of Seagull 1963 "knock-offs" but this one was made under the same spec and comes from the same factory as the original.   

I've been wanting to get one of these for quite some time.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Seacliff said:

I love this watch to bits, although it annoys me that the factory (as far as I know) doesn’t do display backs and that the display back is usually a sign of a knockoff.

If anyone is wondering why it annoys me, look how stunning the movement is:

IMG_4874.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/20/2023 at 4:00 PM, ayedfy said:

I love this watch to bits, although it annoys me that the factory (as far as I know) doesn’t do display backs and that the display back is usually a sign of a knockoff.

If anyone is wondering why it annoys me, look how stunning the movement is:

Agreed, and as I understand it, and to be fair, the clear case back versions use the same movement as the original which is why i referred to them as knock off and not "fake".  It appears Seagull knows they are being made and may even have a license agreement.  Yes, the are stunning. 

This is one of my fav watch guys and he has a few great videos on the subject

My Caseback:

image.jpeg.104efbdeb63d96f2ffe619c4e65d3560.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Was just looking at some Ball engineer Divers Watches. Swiss movement but American brand founded around railroad safety. Some of the options have an internal bezel. 

Curious if anyone has experience with the Brand - it’s new to me. I have an Omega speedmaster chronograph, Omega Constellation Day/Date that was my father’s, and an offset Bulova spaceview that keeps on humming among others. I’m not a Rolex/Brietling guy. Looking for a durable waterproof watch for summer/beach, and Ball line was intriguing. 
So, anyone have one?

https://www.ballwatch.com/global/en/collections/engineer-master-ii---6/diver---dm3020a-saj-bk---1847.html

2 hours ago, Rhinoww said:

Curious if anyone has experience with the Brand - it’s new to me.

Great watches with tremendous utility. They have complications and features that are actually useful. Legibility between gas emitting tubes and dial needs no explanation. Not popular in the US FWIW. I like Ball watches. I'd put them into the super functional but stylish group like Rado. Both take ruggedness and function different directions.

Great collection. That Great White and Root Beer could be all you need.

Thank you. Many years of work but You’re right on what the two best are. I am also on the hunt for a yellow gold day date or a rose gold JLC reverso. Then an AP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk