Deep Dive: Punch Double Corona

El Presidente

Punch Double Corona   

119 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Punch Double Corona 

We are on a Double Corona run these next few days!

20-22 Punch Punch have been carrying the Punch Marque superbly but the Punch Double Corona is the flagship. Unfortunately the flagship has been largely missing over the past three years. 

Step up those who have had the pleasure :thumbsup:

Punch Double Corona 

• Do you like the Punch Double Corona
  • Where does it stand compared to other similar cigars. 
  • Have you noticed a blend/flavour/body change over the years? If so, approximately when?
  • How long does it take you to smoke a Punch Double Corona?
  • Discuss and do the poll!

Punch Double Corona :cigar:

CLICK HERE FOR OTHER DEEP DIVES

Adore Punch DC's.  Tied for the top with Hoyo, but Punch gets the nod if you're talking about 20+ year old boxes.  This is a perfect after dinner cigar.  A few of the older boxes I had tended to have more mold than similarly old Lusi or RAG.  Not sure why; just my experience.  Really earthy and deep flavors.  Been out of them for a couple of years and would like another box or two (wink wink).  Out of the DC's, I put this one as the long term ager.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Adore Punch DC's.  Tied for the top with Hoyo, but Punch gets the nod if you're talking about 20+ year old boxes.  This is a perfect after dinner cigar.  A few of the older boxes I had tended to have more mold than similarly old Lusi or RAG.  Not sure why; just my experience.  Really earthy and deep flavors.  Been out of them for a couple of years and would like another box or two (wink wink).  Out of the DC's, I put this one as the long term ager.

Just had a 99 last week and it was good but on the tail end of its shelf life. Have a few more left that will be set on fire soon. No need for more aging. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Maybe the best all around DC. If not the best then just behind the Lusi.

Medium or just under, flavorful, complex. Pretty consistent and reliable. Always enjoyable. Great ones can definitely pull 94-95 points. 

Couldn't agree more.

• Like 1

Like others said, this marks the top of the surviving Prominentes for me. In making, blend, consistency and aging potential. The rest is personal preference: Easily above the Lusi and up there with the RAG.

• Like 2

I filled this thing out thinking it was HdM DC. I totally get Punch DC, not the HdM. 

• Like 1

This is my favorite DC by far and my favorite regular production CC.  I'd venture to say that I've smoked 2-300 of these...to me they just get better and better but right now I am enjoying a 2015 cab that is consistently putting out 97-98 pointers...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Unlike most of the above this is my least favorite DC.  That being said it’s a terrific cigar, I just love all the DCs, but it’s behind Lusi, RAG, HDM.  I love a good Punch Punch and as I’d expect this is always a milder version focusing more on the nuttines and earth. Always a good smoke just always thought the other DCs brought something unique to the game where I don’t feel overwhelmed by the PDC.  Just my opinion.  

Still, haven’t bought a bought a box in 2 years, and I’d absolutely love to try a box with the current production quality.  

• Like 1

I love the Punch DC, but the most consistent is the Lusitania. I have good Punch DC’s and and great ones. My best Punch DC ever was this month, but for Lusi’s and RA Gigantes, they are the most consistent cigars I have had over the years. However, this 2021 box of Punch DC’s are amazing and the flavors and burn are like an aged cigar, complex, flavorful and meant to be enjoyed four hours with friends. 

• Like 2

I have never had one. But I have a box of OER SEP 20 that have been sitting in my wineador for over a year. The two year mark sounds like a good time to try one. I’ll fill out the survey in a few days after I burn one down! 

• Like 3