Potential list of all 2020 Regional Editions!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@ATGroom PL Fenix will be Phoenicia:  

Browsing through the HSA website they have quite a few upcoming mystery cigars that piqued my interest that I haven't seen mentioned by anyone yet: SLR La Cuna (Dalias) LGC Glorias (Flechas)

Hey, from your mouth to the distributors ear's. The ER Range is in an interesting spot regarding the pricing debate.  As I understand it, the Distributor buys the cigars, boxes, everything from H

I’m at Lisbon airport right now and they have some boxes here of the Suadade, looks pretty. Anyone has tried yet? I’m not a frequent regional purchaser, but caught my eye. Views?

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, ATGroom said:

Those on the HSA mailing list will have received word this morning that they've updated the catalogue of cigars on their website for the first time since 2014. There are some long discontinued things still on there, and I was amused to see quite a few images lifted direct from CCW:rotfl:. It also lists a selection of previously unknown regionals, presumably the 2021 set.

Diplomáticos El Emisario - Gordito (141 x 50)
Diplomáticos Grandes - Laguito Especial (192 x 40)
Diplomáticos Leal - Duke (140 x 54)
Diplomáticos Líderes (China) - Sublimes (164 x 54)
Diplomáticos Protocolo - Campanas (140 x 52)
Diplomáticos Reserva Exclusiva (Phoenecia) - (150x54)
El Rey del Mundo Templarios - Magnum 54 (120 x 54)
Juan Lopez Adon - Montesco (130 x 55)
Juan Lopez Dragones - Mágicos (135 x 52)
Juan Lopez Gran Patagón - Edmundo (135 x 52)
La Gloria Cubana Medaille D'Or Especial (Belux) - Laguito No. 2 (152 x 38)
Montecristo Carmen - Paco (180 x 49)
Por Larrañaga Fénix - 109 (184 x 50)
Por Larrañaga Fuego del Cañón - Genios (140 x 52)
Por Larrañaga Larrañaga 47 - Julieta No. 2 (148 x 47)
Por Larrañaga Leones - Coronas Grandes (155 x 42)
Por Larrañaga Prometidos - Duke (140 x 54)
Punch Super Selection No.1 - Coronas Grandes (155 x 42)
Saint Luis Rey La Cuna - Dalias (170 x 43)

San Cristóbal de La Habana Bastiones - Petit Edmundo (110 x 52)
San Cristóbal de La Habana Magnífico - Sublimes (164 x 54)
San Cristóbal de La Habana Obispo - Robustos (124 x 48)
Sancho Panza El Rey - Laguito No. 1 (192 x 38)

Thanks @ATGroom !!

There's some interesting options on that list the SLR - Dalias ....Sancho Laguito No.1....Punch Super selection no.1....the Dip Laguito especial. 

I believe the LGC Belux was in the original list I posted maybe it's moved to the 2021 release set. 

Very interesting! :) 

• Like 3

Thanks for putting out the list of new REs Alex. I'd had a look at the new HSA site too but I thought it was slow and clunky and didn't really explore much.
Some very interesting smaller RGs on the horizon.... Plus Punch SS1. Nice!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

On 1/17/2022 at 9:22 PM, ATGroom said:

Montecristo Carmen - Paco (180 x 49)

Hoping this is indeed an Edmundo Dantes. Carmen is a Mexican name...lol.

Still hoping we get another La Escepcion at some point. 

Looking forward to the Punch SS1, LGC MdOE and the SP El Rey. 

They've had a pretty good track record "recreating" the blends for some of the revived ER models (PL Coronas, ERDM Tainos) so let's see what they do with the SS1 and see if they do 50 cabs. 

• Like 2

On 1/18/2022 at 5:42 AM, benfica_77 said:

I believe the LGC Belux was in the original list I posted maybe it's moved to the 2021 release set. 

Yes, the LGC MdOE is on the proposed 2020 list along with some on that list still missing like the RA 40 Carat 109 Paises Bajos, LGC Sublimes Mag 54 Israel, LGC Balcanica Mag 50 Bulgaria, ERDM Grand Marshall Genios Balcani, SP Ciproy y Grecia Mag 54, Dip Coleccion Privada II Edmundo. 

Perhaps some or all of these will be pushed off until 2021, especially seeing as how we're still waiting for some 2020s at this point. 

21 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Hoping this is indeed an Edmundo Dantes. Carmen is a Mexican name...lol.

Still hoping we get another La Escepcion at some point. 

Looking forward to the Punch SS1, LGC MdOE and the SP El Rey. 

They've had a pretty good track record "recreating" the blends for some of the revived ER models (PL Coronas, ERDM Tainos) so let's see what they do with the SS1 and see if they do 50 cabs. 

Although I would love to see the return of Edmundo Dantes, I highly doubt this is the case here. The name Carmen is not consistent with the three previous ED releases (Conde 109, Conde 54, Conde Belicoso). Also, I remember hearing at the time of the Conde Belicoso release that this was the last of the ED series.

Actually it doesnt make sense for Montecristo to be on this list either. I could be wrong, but I don't believe the big 6 global brands have ever had an official regional release. 

4 minutes ago, mtapia3 said:

Although I would love to see the return of Edmundo Dantes, I highly doubt this is the case here. The name Carmen is not consistent with the three previous ED releases (Conde 109, Conde 54, Conde Belicoso). Also, I remember hearing at the time of the Conde Belicoso release that this was the last of the ED series.

Actually it doesnt make sense for Montecristo to be on this list either. I could be wrong, but I don't believe the big 6 global brands have ever had an official regional release. 

You may certainly be correct although I don't recall hearing ED was being terminated. 

Based on the size it seems like it could be a Travel Humi or book release. Might be the Year of the Tiger release as well. 

On 1/21/2022 at 7:12 AM, MrBirdman said:

Do we know what PCC’s next regional after the APAC is?

I wonder if they are going more to country specific releases, or how does this work? they did not have one in 2019, and the Malaysia tiger has just been released, and chine has one coming in 2022 as well. Will there still be APAC wide releases from PCC in 2022?

18 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

You may certainly be correct although I don't recall hearing ED was being terminated. 

Based on the size it seems like it could be a Travel Humi or book release. Might be the Year of the Tiger release as well. 

I think year of the tiger is an Upmann. Mag 52 I believe.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

The press release for the Conde Belicoso said that it was to be the final Edmundo Dantes. I interpret this as "marketing."

2 hours ago, Monocle said:

I think year of the tiger is an Upmann. Mag 52 I believe.

Haven't heard anything about this. It may well be Upmann. But also I think plausible that it's the Carmen as the Zodiac release. It could also be Antique Humidor, Collection Habanos (it's certainly big enough), or "other". And for what it's worth, it could be an ED - it would hardly be unprecedented that they didn't precisely follow their naming conventions.

On 1/22/2022 at 8:53 AM, NSXCIGAR said:

Yes, the LGC MdOE is on the proposed 2020 list along with some on that list still missing like the RA 40 Carat 109 Paises Bajos, LGC Sublimes Mag 54 Israel, LGC Balcanica Mag 50 Bulgaria, ERDM Grand Marshall Genios Balcani, SP Ciproy y Grecia Mag 56, Dip Coleccion Privada II Edmundo. 

Perhaps some or all of these will be pushed off until 2021, especially seeing as how we're still waiting for some 2020s at this point. 

Most of these are also on the HSA website implying that they are "confirmed." The "release years" is really a very meaningless concept, as it has nothing to do with when the cigars are rolled or when they are available. But, I think the flyer for all these will still say 2020 no matter when they come out, if only because that's the year that the distributors paid to have them for. Have never known them to "change" a year before regardless of when something actually comes to market. 

19 hours ago, Mhansen85 said:

I wonder if they are going more to country specific releases, or how does this work? they did not have one in 2019, and the Malaysia tiger has just been released, and chine has one coming in 2022 as well. Will there still be APAC wide releases from PCC in 2022?

On 1/21/2022 at 10:12 AM, MrBirdman said:

Do we know what PCC’s next regional after the APAC is?

PPC's strategy is that they have one general for Asia Pacific and one for one of their specific countries every year.

Ie, for 2020 it was the Cuaba APAC and the Harimau Malaysia.

For 2021 it is the China Diplo Lideres and presumably one of the others on the list for APAC.

2019 was a catch up year with no new regionals except the Phoenicia which was special because they had an anniversary.

My understanding is that 2022 is also going to be a catch up year, and the only new regional scheduled will be a Pacific 30th Anniversary cigar.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, ATGroom said:

The press release for the Conde Belicoso said that it was to be the final Edmundo Dantes. I interpret this as "marketing."

Haven't heard anything about this. It may well be Upmann. But also I think plausible that it's the Carmen as the Zodiac release. It could also be Antique Humidor, Collection Habanos (it's certainly big enough), or "other". And for what it's worth, it could be an ED - it would hardly be unprecedented that they didn't precisely follow their naming conventions.

Most of these are also on the HSA website implying that they are "confirmed." The "release years" is really a very meaningless concept, as it has nothing to do with when the cigars are rolled or when they are available. But, I think the flyer for all these will still say 2020 no matter when they come out, if only because that's the year that the distributors paid to have them for. Have never known them to "change" a year before regardless of when something actually comes to market. 

PPC's strategy is that they have one general for Asia Pacific and one for one of their specific countries every year.

Ie, for 2020 it was the Cuaba APAC and the Harimau Malaysia.

For 2021 it is the China Diplo Lideres and presumably one of the others on the list for APAC.

2019 was a catch up year with no new regionals except the Phoenicia which was special because they had an anniversary.

My understanding is that 2022 is also going to be a catch up year, and the only new regional scheduled will be a Pacific 30th Anniversary cigar.

1302612A-4A8C-48B7-883F-9DD843373E16.png.4c174c3f20ffe93c9c0d2d70c87a7e0b.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
  • JohnS changed the title to Potential list of all 2020 Regional Editions!
2 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Browsing through the HSA website they have quite a few upcoming mystery cigars that piqued my interest that I haven't seen mentioned by anyone yet:

SLR La Cuna (Dalias)

LGC Glorias (Flechas)

ERDM Grandes (Laguito Especial)

Sancho Panza El Rey (Laguito No. 1)

Por Larranaga Fenix (109)

Por Larranaga 47 (Julieta 2)

Por Larranaga Leones (Coronas Grandes)

Really liking the SLR La Cuna, all three of those PLs and the SP Laguito No. 1. 

There are quite a few more but I could care less about Sublimes and Geniales. :rolleyes:

I'll get excited when they appear, at less than $40 a stick.