Potential list of all 2020 Regional Editions!

1 hour ago, Corylax18 said:

I'll get excited when they appear, at less than $40 a stick.  

It actually looks like most of the ERs are maintaining a reasonable price. They may be back to becoming bargains. 

• Like 1

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@ATGroom PL Fenix will be Phoenicia:  

Browsing through the HSA website they have quite a few upcoming mystery cigars that piqued my interest that I haven't seen mentioned by anyone yet: SLR La Cuna (Dalias) LGC Glorias (Flechas)

Hey, from your mouth to the distributors ear's. The ER Range is in an interesting spot regarding the pricing debate.  As I understand it, the Distributor buys the cigars, boxes, everything from H

15 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

It actually looks like most of the ERs are maintaining a reasonable price. They may be back to becoming bargains. 

Hey, from your mouth to the distributors ear's. The ER Range is in an interesting spot regarding the pricing debate. 

As I understand it, the Distributor buys the cigars, boxes, everything from HSA, at a price agreed upon between the two. Then the distributor is free to set prices as they see fit. 

You can (or could) see the results of this in cigar pricing. Regionals from PCC, Phoenician, H&F where priced high, in line with the rest of their market. Others like the last two Cuba RE's where damn cheap, around $10 a stick and tasty to boot. I'm hoping for more cigars in that $10 range. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Carrie Nation said:

Besides a select few each year, they all taste the same. REs are a generic Habanos blend designed to be floral up front. The different brands are nothing more than an appeal to nostalgia. 

David Tang and Simon Chase  would be rolling over in their graves reading that  :rotfl:

The quality and flavour complexity or an RE out = the amount of effort/hardheadedness and love going into the project by the distributors. 

An  average ho hum RE = average ho hum input. 

14 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

It's not an ER but I'm really looking forward to the LGC Turquinos. Regular production in 10s, Gorditos. An LGC Robustos Extra is long overdue and great for the brand. 

Robusto extra would be great from LGC

• Like 1

2 hours ago, El Presidente said:

David Tang and Simon Chase  would be rolling over in their graves reading that  :rotfl:

The quality and flavour complexity or an RE out = the amount of effort/hardheadedness and love going into the project by the distributors. 

An  average ho hum RE = average ho hum input. 

Precisely right. And most fall into the latter category, which is exactly my point. 

• 1 year later...