Potential list of all 2020 Regional Editions!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@ATGroom PL Fenix will be Phoenicia:  

Browsing through the HSA website they have quite a few upcoming mystery cigars that piqued my interest that I haven't seen mentioned by anyone yet: SLR La Cuna (Dalias) LGC Glorias (Flechas)

Hey, from your mouth to the distributors ear's. The ER Range is in an interesting spot regarding the pricing debate.  As I understand it, the Distributor buys the cigars, boxes, everything from H

Interesting thank you. What I notice is that HSA decreased the number of format in the regular production and increased the ER. Like the Ramon Allones that s down to a few different cigars in the regular production and up in the ER. Feels like HSA like to put a ER ring and double prices. 

• Like 2

Well that's most likely why we havnt seen the QdO coronas in a year. 

So sad. Gone is the time you could get a box of qdo corona for less than $150

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Interesting. With the last Canadian LCDH in Montreal set to close May 2020, there probably won't ever be another Canadian RE.  The Dip Norteanos stock just went up!  :lol:  At least it didn't end with the Siboney.  

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, bundwallah said:

Interesting. With the last Canadian LCDH in Montreal set to close May 2020, there probably won't ever be another Canadian RE.  The Dip Norteanos stock just went up!  :lol:  At least it didn't end with the Siboney.  

I'm glad I grabbed a box of Dip Nortenos. I grabbed it because I was anticipating it being the last one before plain packaging....wasn't expecting it to be the last one period! I'm tempting in grabbing one more box now! 

19 hours ago, gojira said:

I think that the Punch ManTua is a 2018 RE that's just late. The LGC Invictus was a 2017 RE so it makes sense that the Punch is the 2018 one.

The ManTua was just announced in Jan. At best it would be a 19 release and may be a 20. We know the QdO Selection Royale is a 19 release, so if that's on the list so should the ManTua.

And the RA Phoenicio 40 would certainly be a 19 release, so again, why is it on that list and not the ManTua?

So it appears the only cigars on this list that is a confirmed release is the QdO Selection Royale and ERDM l'Epoque, and the QdO was released a few days ago and therefore would almost certainly be a 19. So that one would have been known prior to last week when this list could have been made.

I haven't heard about the ERDM l'Epoque, but as some people have apparently already known about it from some French lists it's not a shock that it would be on the list and may still be a 19 release.

Still not convinced this list contains any breaking news...

27 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

The ManTua was just announced in Jan. At best it would be a 19 release and may be a 20. We know the QdO Selection Royale is a 19 release, so if that's on the list so should the ManTua.

And the RA Phoenicio 40 would certainly be a 19 release, so again, why is it on that list and not the ManTua?

So it appears the only cigars on this list that is a confirmed release is the QdO Selection Royale and ERDM l'Epoque, and the QdO was released a few days ago and therefore would almost certainly be a 19. So that one would have been known prior to last week when this list could have been made.

I haven't heard about the ERDM l'Epoque, but as some people have apparently already known about it from some French lists it's not a shock that it would be on the list and may still be a 19 release.

Still not convinced this list contains any breaking news...

Well, I'll post here once I receive my ManTua cabs in a little over two weeks. I think that it will be the "lost" 2018 RE for Italia. The 2017 one (LGC Invictos) was released in March 2019. I thus believe that the ManTua is the 2018 RE.

The QdO Selection Royale was officially announced by the Intertabak AG (the distributor for Switzerland) a few days ago. It has NOT been released. I was on the phone with a retailer from Switzerland and he confirmed the RE but did not have a release date or price as of yet.

Some French list is the official price list from the French distributors (with prices fixed by the distributors and the government) and as was the case in 2013, 2015, 2016 and 2018 (I'm not including any releases from before 2012) there will be two French REs in 2020 because there are two distributors in France which means one RE per distributor.

• Like 3

On 2/27/2020 at 2:11 PM, Lant63 said:

So sad. Gone is the time you could get a box of qdo corona for less than $150

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The new Coronas blend is stellar, I’d have no problem buying 2-3 more boxes at $200!

On 2/27/2020 at 4:16 AM, NSXCIGAR said:

Not quite sure about this one. The only actually confirmed 20 ER is the Punch ManTua and it's missing from this list.

The ManTua is a 2018-regional.

NSX - you won't honestly expect HSA to come over with a 2020-edition by March the same year...?!?  ?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Fugu said:

The ManTua is a 2018-regional.

NSX - you won't honestly expect HSA to come over with a 2020-edition by March the same year...?!?  ?

It's a 20 according to nearly every source I can find including CCW. I do see some sources listing it as an 18, but I believe that to be incorrect. It was just announced last month. Typically, HSA announces during the year of release and the cigar comes out late. I would assume people are making the mistake of thinking the Mantua would logically follow the 16 Casanova and 17 Invictos. Not sure why since most regions skip years anyway. 

And you're right--if it's here next month it would be a 19 at the latest. But it was just announced in Jan, so I was assuming it wasn't coming any time soon.

3 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

It's a 20 according to nearly every source I can find including CCW.

I wouldn't put too much stock in CCW on this one... I added it on 29th of Jan, based on articles on EGM Cigars and cigarslover.com saying 2020. Looking now, I see Halfwheel and Cigar Journal added their write ups on Feb 3 and 5 and say 2018.

On balance, I'd say they're probably better researched than my sources, so my money is on 2018. I imagine we won't get a real answer until the cigars are released and we can get a look at the flyer.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2020 at 10:50 AM, ATGroom said:

I wouldn't put too much stock in CCW on this one... I added it on 29th of Jan, based on articles on EGM Cigars and cigarslover.com saying 2020. Looking now, I see Halfwheel and Cigar Journal added their write ups on Feb 3 and 5 and say 2018.

On balance, I'd say they're probably better researched than my sources, so my money is on 2018. I imagine we won't get a real answer until the cigars are released and we can get a look at the flyer.

Thanks Alex, but I'd push back a bit on that. From what I can tell the earliest articles on it, most of which are Italian, are stating it's a 20. The HW and CJ articles are from well into Feb and are likely basing their reports on the same original Italian sources from around Jan 24. The HW and CJ reports were then ostensibly picked up by others, so yes, the balance of reports would say 18 but they're just mirroring the HW and CJ articles, which are based on the early Italian articles stating it's a 20.

I think it's possible that the HW and CJ authors have simply assumed it will be a 18 release and disregarded the 20 statement as inaccurate since they thought it should logically follow the 16 & 17 Italian releases but as I said, I can't think of any other special release, let alone an ER, that was ever announced this late. Released, yes, but not announced and released.

It would make much more sense if this was a 19 release, but oddly no one is claiming that!

I think we're really going to have to wait to see exactly what this is. It could be 18, 19 or 20 at this point.

On 2/28/2020 at 4:07 AM, Lunettesman said:

Interesting thank you. What I notice is that HSA decreased the number of format in the regular production and increased the ER. Like the Ramon Allones that s down to a few different cigars in the regular production and up in the ER. Feels like HSA like to put a ER ring and double prices. 

I've noticed that and speculated that HSA was taking this approach with struggling marcas or marcas with smaller lineups. 

They've always been Ramon Allones heavy with ERs and have really ramped up with Diplomaticos. ERDM, PL and SP are also getting more and more attention. I wish LFDC and SLR would get more love though.

I think this is the trend for the foreseeable future. I doubt they'll be expanding the regular production lineups of these marcas so they can exploit them for more and more special production. A regular production Dip Robustos would sell for $8 each but the ER Dip Robustos sell for 25-35% more. Easy money. And the distributors front all the cash for 100,000 sticks that an unpopular marca like Dip would take a while to move. They're loving it.

On 2/27/2020 at 11:26 AM, El Presidente said:

Cuaba regional?

Now that is a distributor with cojones :spotlight:

When ever there is the Red Band Regional Edition it sells 

• Like 1

My source just sent me the official flyer from Diadema s.p.a.(the official importer and distributor for Cuban cigars in Italy). So here it is, the 2020 RE for Italy. Oh, wait it says 2018, they must have made a mistake somewhere, lol!

49618838212_458d0ee9fd_b.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mbflash80 said:

thanks for posting! what is the box code you received if you wouldn't mind sharing?  

UBM ABR 19 and UBM JUL 19

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• JohnS changed the title to Potential list of all 2020 Regional Editions!