Cigar mooches, and current economics?

With prices and availability being what they are these days, how are you handling the cigar mooches in your life? 
In times past, yeah I’d probably hook a guy up with something entry-level, but now I’m definitely thinking twice, if not walking quickly in the other direction!

You?

• Like 4

I'll second Ford and Chas saying that I don't have moochers in my life, so that solves the problem. I think mooching is a symptom of a bigger personality problem. This is the same kind of person who will ask you for help or favors and then when you need him for something he's always "too busy". No thanks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ford2112 said:

I am happy to share cigars with friends. If it's on the regular I have them purchase cigars for what I paid for them. I have a couple guys that split boxes with me,including my neighbor who I got addicted to Montecristos lol. I don't hang around people who are notches. They can smoke a white owl

Same here.   I have friends that love cigars that I share one with occasionally.  If they want some past that I sell cigars to them for what I paid for them.    With that said I did mention to my one friend he is going to have to pick other cigars besides a Coro.   He understands since they cost a $50 bill plus some change to replace one.  As an aside I absolutely shocked at the 5 pack price on the Siglo III's from the 24:24 Today and the weekend.

My three best friends are my two dogs and my parrot. None of them are moochers. Don't have any desire for human friends, other than my immediate family. I smoke cigars with a drink of some kind and rock and roll music on the bluetooth boombox in my man cave (garage).

• Like 1

I only give out stuff that I would be happy to smoke. Usually pull out a mix of marcas and price points and let them choose. I’ve found that over time it always averages out to the middle of the cost range and it’s nice to let people choose something that suits their eye. People who don’t smoke much aren’t immediately snatching that Siglo VI…

• Like 2

I'm generally giving cigars out if people want one. The degree of the cigar given depends on my arbitrary view of your cigar interest. Cheap and cheerful for most, better stuff for the people I know will enjoy it more. 

• Like 2

With people that I know will really be able to appreciate the cigar - about the same as normal. Many of my best cigar smoking experiences were when I was smoking with someone else. Shame to let money get in the way. 

For those that I'm not sure about, NCs and cheaper sticks (e.g. HUHC). 

• Like 2

I’m more likely to try and push people to smoke a cigar with me, than troubled with people mooching 😊 - cigars are not as common here in Denmark and even cigarette smokers tend to seem a little cautious - most often people would ask for something small 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SigmundChurchill said:

In my world, the "moochers" are the occasional cigar smokers, but they are pretty rare.  Most of my friends are either cigar smokers or not cigar smokers.  

The cigar smokers typically have their own cigars, and often give cigars to me, and I give to them, without them asking.

The biggest cigar "moocher" in my life is my brother in law.  He always wants to smoke one of my cigars with me.  Only problem is, he spends so much money on my wife and I, whether it be dinners or golf outings or whatever, that I cant say no, and I cant really call it mooching.  It still hurts a little to give away 5 Siglo VIs on vacation with him, but it is what it is.

What a coincidence.  Wheezy and I were just talking about our similar experiences with having to give away Sig VIs on vacation at the current price.

Pffft. 

• Haha 3

Are we talking about the incessant “wanna try but never had xxxxxx!!!!….” baiting posts?? Not likely to do those anymore unless someone we know the person.

Other than that, if it’s randos out and about then they get a mini or C&C unless the same circumstances…

30 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

I managed to get rid of the moochers years ago and replaced them with friends who think nothing of handing out a cigar, as it all eventually comes back round. When you have friends who are constantly sharing cigars, it all works out in the end.

FAAAAAAAAKE you have no friends. Whats that saying, if you look around and no one is the moocher, then the moocher is YOU! 🤣

Moochers get Non cubans these days. But i cant think of any in my life. I just have a stack of cheap NCs that i certainly am not going to smoke.