JohnS' Smoking Diary 2022

JohnS

5 hours ago, LLC said:

Enjoyed going through this batch of reviews John. I have not had a Perlas yet but I recently received a box from 2015. Not sure it’s a cigar that I would think of as being in my “wheelhouse” but part of the fun of this hobby is trying new things and expanding one’s horizon. I’ll let the settle a bit and then give them a try. 

On another note, I’m quite tempted to open my last 2007 BGM box after reading your review. Cheers. 

I certainly agree with the idea of trying new things. Whether you open your box of BGM or not soon, the main thing is that I understand the hesitancy in not doing so. It's hard to smoke Habanos cigars these days that have been discontinued in years past and which you know you can't replace.

5 hours ago, Goodfortune said:

Some gorgeous smokes and excellent reviews to start the year! Thank you @JohnS for all the reviews, really enjoy reading and smoking them vicariously through you. Looking forward to more! Cheers 🍻

Thank you most kindly!

• Like 3

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would like to thank those of you who have in turn thanked me for my previous blogs the past three years and have encouraged me to continue with a new chapter in this series in 2022. A number of you

Cohiba Talismán 2017 - Edición Limitada UAO Ago 2017 Do you remember the hype surrounding the release of the Cohiba Talisman 2017 Limited Edition? It was launched in London in October 2017, it so

San Cristóbal de la Habana El Príncipe (circa 2009) I'd like to thank @NSXCIGAR for making this cigar available for me to smoke via trade. After all, a 2009 San Cristobal de la Habana El Principe

Well done, John. Thanks for another great series of reviews.

👏👏👏👏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, 99call said:

Holy moly!!          wow! white whale ..........and then some.

True. I was just discussing this cigar with El Pres last night in fact. I'm very lucky to have sampled it and I'm glad to have reviewed such a rare cigar!

41 minutes ago, joeypots said:

Well done, John. Thanks for another great series of reviews.

👏👏👏👏

Thank you so much. I was telling El Pres last night that things have slowed down in the past few months for me in terms of cigars smoking, yet when I looked on the 2022 blog I could still see great value in the types of cigars smoked (i.e. much less common) so yes, I'm pleased.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chucko8 said:

I have noted the change in the floral print on the tablecloth John!

I have to credit my wife Eleni as she suggested that it was time to put out a new tablecloth! 🤣

• Haha 4