What was the last CC cigar that gave you a nicotine buzz?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had a similar experience as well. That particular cigar most definitely packs a punch, no pun intended. 😉

For me it is largely dependent on my pattern of cigar consumption. If I am having several cigars per week, my tolerance is pretty high. However if I take a sabbatical and haven't had a cigar in a coup

I was on the phone with a mate yesterday who was telling me of a Boli PC he purchased where the nicotine buzz was so intense, it made him sit down and reach for a glass of water as his head was swooni

I had a box of HU #2 with a light wrapper years ago. those cigars were so packed with nicotine I was afraid of them.  I smoked a CORO on the millennium new year, woke up horribly nauseous, and got some relief after I vomited. I heard somewhere that sugar could help with nicotine sickness and It has worked for me but it's a long time since I was sick from a cigar. I think current cigars pack less of a nicotine punch.

• Thanks 1

Most cigars (short of something super light like a Davidoff) give me a nicotine buzz. I always try to have a full meal before smoking to avoid getting sick. I've never really found there to be a huge nicotine difference between NCs and CCs like a lot of people though. I think something like a Siglo IV is just as strong as a Padron Maduro. Funnily enough one of the last times I got really sick was off of a Trinidad Reyes!

This is an interesting topic to me because I find getting nicotine sick off a cigar happens MUCH more to me with NCs than with CCs.

The last CC to really get me was a Vegueros Tapados. It’s happened more than once to me with that very cigar. For such a mild profile it has a big nicotine hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Nudies Carlota Rosado Colorado just a couple of days ago. First time in a long time, hammered me...

Sent by spooky action at a distance

32 minutes ago, Akela3rd said:

Nudies Colorado Carlota just a couple of days ago. First time in a long time, hammered me...

Not a surprise; I've had several since release and each exhibited a noticeable kick at about the halfway point. A reminder for me to slow down and enjoy more. 

Monte PE last night. 

Your comment of your last experience Prez does not surprise me. You smoke many of the highest nic content cigars. 

Most D4's, RASS, the odd Monte PE, and just about all the Bolivars make my head spin. 

I smoked a PSD4 last week and went pretty hard on the final third and was feeling pretty run down. Not nauseous but a bit light headed. I think my blood sugar was low that evening too.

For me, a Siglo VI. I decided to set fire to one after breakfast yesterday and it was the first Siglo VI that really made sense to me - a flawless cigar. The nicotine did build up on me more so than some of the other blends I thought were "stronger"

Nudies Carlota Rosado Colorado just a couple of days ago. First time in a long time, hammered me...

Had another last night in response to this thread and it was lovely. I'll put the experience with the first down to driver error and am now thoroughly looking forward to the rest

It’s a rare occurrence around here, nearly every time it is a new world cigar too.  Last summer a Montecristo 1935 Leyenda did me in.  I tend to smoke 3 to 5 sticks a day and that had to be the first time in more than a decade that a Cuban cigar gave me the light’n’tinglies.

2 hours ago, Digi said:

It’s a rare occurrence around here, nearly every time it is a new world cigar too.  Last summer a Montecristo 1935 Leyenda did me in.  I tend to smoke 3 to 5 sticks a day and that had to be the first time in more than a decade that a Cuban cigar gave me the light’n’tinglies.

3 to 5 a day? damn my friend. 🤪

14 minutes ago, Hammer Smokin' said:

3 to 5 a day? damn my friend. 🤪

Haha!  Ever since COVID started and I work out of a cigar lounge most days…