What's up for the weekend ?

Finally unpacked and most of the boxes disposed of. All cars in the garage. Huge milestone!

More beach time and a drive up to St Augustine if the weather holds.

• Like 4

Not a lot goes on here at the veteran's home on weekends as the activities staff, and some other staff are off, so its pretty slow and quiet.

The vast majority of the veterans here are 65 to 75 years old, so it's pretty quiet even during the week, but on weekends with no activities, most tend to just nap all day except for getting up briefly for meals and medication.

Surprisingly, given the age of the average Cigar smoker, and there being 85 of us here currently, I'm the only Cigar smoker which kinda sucks as I enjoy chatting about Cigars while smoking one.

On weekends dont even have many of the cigarette smokers out in the smoking areas to chat with.

And unfortunately, since everyone here is 20 to 30 years older than me, and the majority army and marine Vietnam combat veterans, so I don't have much in common with them so dont really talk to anyone much anyway as we have nothing in common aside from being wartime veterans and have lots of medical issues.

Spend most of my weekend on the Cigar forums reading and sort of chatting or watching tv, which I don't really enjoy that much

2 hours ago, Habana Mike said:
Finally unpacked and most of the boxes disposed of. All cars in the garage. Huge milestone!

Ugh, Florida..
I spent 6 months in Pensacola for my first navy school and absolutely hated the heat and humidity there, especially during PT.

Was happy when it was time to transfer to San Diego where the weather is perfect year round

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I'm house sitting for my Parents and Brother for the next 10 days. So I'll spend Saturday completing their "Honey Do" lists.

New Rear Shocks, and a rear end brake job on the truck Sunday. A very large Cigar Sunday afternoon/evening to relax with. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Habana Mike said:

I see you are not packing for Greece. Bummer!

get that new Alfa out on the road mate. 

Go buy yourself a longboard. Mike "moondoggie" and Kelly "Gidget" Lindsey hit the waves!  

• Like 3

It's scalding hot down here in SW TN, so I'm planning on going to the gym each morning to get that out of the way. Then, Saturday will watch some football (EPL in the AM, college gridiron in the afternoon) and knock out the grocery. Sunday going to have an early Bday dinner with my family @ Mom & Dad's house. Should get some cigars in this evening, one on Saturday & probably 2 on Sunday. Not sure what I'll be lighting up but have been on a lanceros kick lately...

• Like 4

Was finally able to source some Four Pillars Bloody Shiraz here in the states, will crack that tonight before a big dinner. Golf and house chores tomorrow, F1 and a little work on Sunday. Trying to get ahead of things before a long holiday weekend up in the mountains next week. 100 degrees and humid here all weekend so I think I’ll be packing/planning out my cigars for the mountains vice trying to smoke them in this heat…

• Like 4

It's Game Day!

Hamilton Tiger-Cats (0-2) play division rival Montreal Alouettes (1-1) on the road in Montreal. 

Just setting up the backyard for some outdoor entertainment. 

• Like 4

Another 2 day weekend for me! It starts in 24 minutes when the Vikings play the last pre-season game, then on to a BoliBeli and some rum. Wake up tomorrow and get myself a beer. Continue to set my garage up as something I can use (cut me some slack, I’ve only been doing it for 3years) and work on my truck. 2003 GMC Sierra, 320,000 miles. More beer and rum in the near future...

• Like 4

6 hours ago, El Presidente said:

I see you are not packing for Greece. Bummer!

get that new Alfa out on the road mate. 

Go buy yourself a longboard. Mike "moondoggie" and Kelly "Gidget" Lindsey hit the waves!  

Took the Spider down to Wilbur by the Sea on my birthday Wednesday afternoon. Met up with a renowned Alfa mechanic, Ric Lovecchio, at his house there. He is also a restoration expert and show judge. He had some pretty amazing examples in his garages.

He went over mine thoroughly and was quite impressed with the restoration. Did point out a couple of incorrect items and touches which can be readily corrected and a couple of mechanicals I need to take care of. How fortuitous to live that close to this guy. https://classicmotorsports.com/articles/tech-tips-1954-65-alfa-romeo-giulietta/

Hour down and an hour back. Really got to open it up between Ormond and Flagler on the way back, road to myself except needing to pass one slower driver.

Had a smoke and a drink once home. It was a glorious day!

I'll have to see about getting a board.

• Like 4

Just hit 8:30 in the morning here in Honkers. Got out early and knocked or a 10K run. Now it's time for a cigar and coffee before Daddy day care starts with the daughter and one of her friends or for the day. Watch some of the rugby league and AFL matches later this afternoon with a rum and cigar. Thinking today will be a good one.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, KCCubano said:

Watching Chiefs/Vikings and smoking D4 at the moment!

Our punter looks pretty good! 👿

Balcony cigars last night watching Port finish the cats off nicely. Our apartment is on the top floor one of only three so hopefully no complaints 🤮  Theatre today at his majesty's then a stand up comedy show tonight . I have to dress up 🌴😎

IMG20210827180929.jpg

IMG20210827192204.jpg

• Like 4

7 hours ago, El Presidente said:

4am Saturday morning and I am up early to do a little work before I head to gym, visit mum and dad , touch of gardening and then Di and i are off for a long boozy late lunch at my favourite restaurant Moda.  Home, football, cigar, negroni, movie. 

sunday is a BBQ with Di's family at home. Have some cracking TBone steaks to throw on the weber which will no doubt be accompanied by some decent wine and a cigar. Will fit in some gym time prior in th am. I will need to!

What's up for the weekend?

Clearly you need to lift your game. Sounds as though you are slowing a little 😎🌴😀😘

6 hours ago, Hammer Smokin' said:

It's Game Day!

Hamilton Tiger-Cats (0-2) play division rival Montreal Alouettes (1-1) on the road in Montreal. 

Just setting up the backyard for some outdoor entertainment. 

Let's just say we are 1-2 now.

Oskee wee wee

Attended my cousin's Zoom wedding today. First time I have ever been to a Christian wedding where, apart from the usual Christian hymns and songs of love before the vows, they sang "Hava Nagila". Kind of threw me for a loop, when they started playing it. I think it showed when a few of my cousins noted my confused expression.

• Like 2

Watching the dees game (AFL) tonight. Getting quotes for a bathroom reno tomorrow we’ve been trying to get organised since last year… honestly near my wits end, if you’re a contractor you’d clean up in Hawaii. Painful.

Sunday gotta pull the finger out and refresh for airplane training to go back to my old job pre COVID. 

Hope everyone gets some cigars in. Having a random custom Churchill from Havana circa 2016. Pretty light so far.

F107963F-A9A3-4319-98CB-3CAC77227AA5.jpeg

• Like 3