Should I, or shouldn’t I?... ?

1 hour ago, NSXCIGAR said:

2 years is plenty of time for Punch Punch. :wink2:

Are these Punch Punch? I thought they looked more like DCs?

• Like 1

Thanks to all that replied! ?

The consensus seems to be to let these pedigreed puppies lie, which is what I shall do. If a meteor hits the planet in the next 12 months, all bets are off!!!

Thanks again, my BOTH/SOTH. ✡️✝️☪️☯️☮️?

Try one!  I know the feeling of having that nice packed dress box intact is hard to give up, but no one knows your palate better than you.  ALOT of cigars have been smoking great with less than a year on them these days, what if what if they're amazing today?  You have 25 of them!  If you really want to smoke one, you should.  Hope it's a great one if you decide to smoke it!

• Like 1

Seemed split to me until the posts after yours. Consensus is you should sample one now and decide. Unless you're thinking of selling the box down the road.

Light one up and give us a review!

Smoke one why wait? You got 25 of them. I don’t understand why people wait so long to try one. You could wait 10 years and find they are flat. You could wait 5 years and find that the first 4 you smoke are excellent then the next 2 are duds. Just sample one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

For me, it would come down to how many cigars you have and how much you trust your vendor. If the cigars are well sourced and you have a big collection so that you aren't always thinking about that particular box, hang on to them for a while. I have a fair # of cigars and I only smoke two or three a week so waiting 4 or 5 years isn't hard. If I had three boxes and I was burning through them pretty quick I'd spark one of those babies asap. 

That's just me.

19 hours ago, Habana Mike said:

Seemed split to me until the posts after yours. Consensus is you should sample one now and decide. Unless you're thinking of selling the box down the road.

Light one up and give us a review!

Nope. I’m not the collector/flip kind of Habanos smoker. I bought everything that I have with the intention of burning them myself, or at least with friends that would appreciate them. This box I bought at the old Partagas factory. They had quite a few 50 cabs when I was there some months before, but at the time, I was on the hunt for Sir Winnies and P Lusi’s. Cuba being Cuba, ultimately you leave with what you can find! This last trip, 25 dress boxes were all of the PDC’s that were left. I guess they sent the rest of the 50 cabs to Rob!!! ?

I’ll burn one tonight or tomorrow and post the review! ?

Thanks, FOH?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PigFish said:

Does not make a damn bit of difference to me! However if one is going smoke or not smoke based on 'request' then that means that you are likely looking to be pushed in a direction. I don't think you would ask if smoking one was not on your mind. 

I almost checked out in '08. I was blowing leaves in my yard, then on my back in the hospital later that day. Just use that as a data point. There are people on the planet today that won't see a day in 2025.

Smoke one. It is just a cigar!

Cheers! -the Pig

All true! These are by far the best looking sticks that I brought back. I was hoping that someone had succumbed to their temptation and had a “ready or not” opinion. Example; I broke into a 10 ct. box of Lusi’s from mid ‘18 a week ago. They just aren’t quite ready yet. A bit of ammonia left rounding 3rd to home. Other hand, the ARS ‘19 Fundadores are ready, willing and able!  Also of note, with the exception of maxing a credit card out to (my lifelong dream) actually go cigar shopping in Havana, I have never been able to have more than 1-2 boxes a year in my humidor until now. (I discovered FOH and a new credit card! ?) Any and all cigars that I brought back from Europe during the ‘90’s and 2000’s are long a distant memory. As such, my experience with aged Habanos is quite limited.

I’m giving you the ? on this topic, Pig. You’re right, tomorrow isn’t guaranteed. It would be a cryin’ shame if my last thoughts on this mortal orb were “damn, I wish I’d have tried the PDC’s!” Will burn one tonight and post my thoughts for the rest of you over the weekend...

Cheers!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chas.Alpha said:

All true! These are by far the best looking sticks that I brought back. I was hoping that someone had succumbed to their temptation and had a “ready or not” opinion. Example; I broke into a 10 ct. box of Lusi’s from mid ‘18 a week ago. They just aren’t quite ready yet. A bit of ammonia left rounding 3rd to home. Other hand, the ARS ‘19 Fundadores are ready, willing and able!  Also of note, with the exception of maxing a credit card out to (my lifelong dream) actually go cigar shopping in Havana, I have never been able to have more than 1-2 boxes a year in my humidor until now. (I discovered FOH and a new credit card! ?) Any and all cigars that I brought back from Europe during the ‘90’s and 2000’s are long a distant memory. As such, my experience with aged Habanos is quite limited.

I’m giving you the ? on this topic, Pig. You’re right, tomorrow isn’t guaranteed. It would be a cryin’ shame if my last thoughts on this mortal orb were “damn, I wish I’d have tried the PDC’s!” Will burn one tonight and post my thoughts for the rest of you over the weekend...

Cheers!

I appreciate the positive peer review.

When I think of the dollar value of the cigars that I have smoked, one here, one there, broken cabs of this and that... and then look over at BR, it gets me to thinking... what if?

Yet I bought the damn cigars to smoke. Not to collect, nor brag about, nor sell on the secondary market. While one does not exclude the others, it overrides them.

I have posted about my heart attack so many times I get to thinking that people are tired of hearing about it. Yet, when I look at a join date, such as yours, I realize that one may not have known some of the things that any member may have posted about in the decade and a half that this board has weathered. I was there  man!!! Yet, I am still here.

Do I break every unopened box of cigars? No. Do I smoke cigars ROTT... no? I have a lot of cigars and more sense than that... Yet my overriding reason for buying cigars has always been to consume them (eventually).

Smoking a cigar while in too wet a state is a waste of a cigar (MHO). Smoking an acclimatized cigar when it is ready, may well be as good a cigar will ever be. One never knows.

Scratch the itch, treat yourself, and when in doubt, smoke the cigar. You are worth it! -Piggy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1