So with 2020 coming into your rear vision mirror......what did you take away from it?

The times that we live in have a material effect on our psyche, yes, but we need to separate that from the Greater Good that is being affected: job loss, sickness and, for many, passing.  What I take away from this year is that my "happiness" is immaterial.  What has turned out to be most important is helping others.  I find that service to others covers all my personal needs now.

• Like 4

These two things have been instrumental in navigating an otherwise terrible year. For me though, these two things have come with age, I don't think I would have been as resilient to a year like this if it had struck in my 20's

1. Power of positive thinking
2. Control what you can and let go of what you can't

• Like 4

I have thought about posting on this topic for the last 15 minutes. I do not believe that I can offer anything that won’t become a political discussion. What I take away from 2020 is that this is a world divided. I feel that the “West’s” view that we are the moral compass has been destroyed. I think that when great challenges face our world leaders, it becomes easy for us ordinary citizens to look for an authoritative government. I have more than 250 mates a day that work on my construction project, a couple of dozen contracted COVID-19. More than a few are having ongoing health problems. It wasn’t a joke. It wasn’t a hoax.

The MSU ‘19’s were the bomb!

Yeah, John is probably going to Censor this post!

I love my FOH Brother/Sisterhood!!!

You kept me sane...?

• Like 4

I share a lot that has already been said.

I would say that the only silver lining in 2020 is that a lot of people realized that they were living for their work instead of working to afford living a happy life.

We hopefully all learned to slow down a little- it's all relative to how fast-paced each individual's life was pre-Covid.

Buying local will also remain,  imo.

The role of technology in our daily lives will change the very foundations of our economies forever, or at least until the next major crisis.

Necessity is the mother of all inventions: who would have thought a year ago that effective vaccines could be developed within a year? 

Yes, 2020 sucked. But it also proved that if we really put our minds to it we can resolve a shit ton of problems very quickly. This is encouraging for the future. Hopefully nations will work together more going forward.  Perhaps I am too optimistic though. ?

• Like 3

Life is what you make of it! Cherish the moments and reminisce fondly on the opportunities we had before all of this. Moving forward, I think it puts life into focus a bit clearer- love life and the people who put a smile on your face!

• Like 1

Highlighted the importance of support networks (not just one person) - everyone has struggled during this time, and it's valuable to have numerous people to talk to for support, because if it's only person, they might be full-up with their own dealings that day.

Proud of my personal growth - supporting others emotionally has never been a strength of mine, but this crisis has really pushed me to expand my leadership capabilities as a husband, father, and all around paterfamilias. 

• Like 2

If folks come out of this year with a greater appreciation for relationships, the fragile and fleeting gift of each day of life, and all the small moments that we once overlooked ...

... 2020 will be the greatest year of our lives.

• Like 3

Great posts so far.  I think @Chibearsvreally hit the nail on the head.  Between elections, Covid, vaccines I’ve never seen the world so disrespectful to each other and so divided.  Disagreements are no longer conversations or even debates but are a social war.  Doesn’t matter the topic, people are taking sides on everything. 

My takeaways have been:

- I need to work on my mid/long irons more next year.

- best quality tobacco from Cuba I’ve seen in 10 years.

- I will never take for granted my daily pleasures again, going to happy hour, going to dinner, taking a vacation

- People can be resilient, people can be very funny, but for the most part people can suck

• Like 2

Outside of the agreed upon spiritual and societal implications everyone seemed to have my proxy on previously in this discussion....

It’s hella harder to take off pandemic weight than it is to put on while staying away from everyone.

Working for both of us in hospital really sucks....

• Haha 1

We both here consider ourselves, our lives, very, very fortunate in 2020 with all that has taken place. We both have worked from our home before all of the crap hit the fan.  Other than a few inconveniences that have changed our lifestyles we have continued to do our best to stay in a positive frame of mind.  My partner in crime has been the best source of making sure I don't veer too far either way.  The one thing I have learned the most is to dislike the media and not trust what is being read anymore thru any news outlet.  It's a sad state of world affairs when the media has taken advantage of this pandemic situation and they view it as an opportunity to control and sway the masses more than they ever have in the past.  Or maybe it's always been that way and it has now just been brought more to the forefront of my attention span.  We've lost and we've gained.  Some, a hell of a lot more than we have.

My thoughts and prayers go out mostly to those on the front lines in the battle, in the war, being fought against this horrific virus disease.  We/they will prevail!  Thank you for your efforts.

:unknown: