Your latest CC Purchase?

• Replies 19.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exactly bought recently .... but just found today in my lockers : Trinidad Fundadores EL NOSU ( El Laguito OCT 1998 ) bought in 2006 in Switzerland. Placed inside my lowest locker and to

I haven't posted in here for quite some time and thought that it would be nice to share some vintage cigars that just came in. I like to collect and smoke as many different vitolas de salida as possib

I don’t normally post my purchases but, aside from the Nudies bundles I ordered, the Lanceros will probably be the last cigars I receive for a while. The other two are highlights from my last few orde

7 minutes ago, NotLawReview said:

but I was not comfortable with the fact that the serial number wasn't there for me to run through the authenticator...

I can't say if they're legit or not, but gray market cigars (cigars acquired then sold by merchants from distributors outside their region) often have the hologram and serial removed.

• Like 2

Just now, Colt45 said:

I can't say if they're legit or not, but gray market cigars (cigars acquired then sold by merchants from distributors outside their region) often have the hologram and serial removed.

yeah, that's my guess as to what happened given their background of being hard to find currently, and my paying a 40% premium on them. Thanks!

On the up side they look great and will probably smoke great. You may still have the microprinting on seal. And can check them up from there. I would say these are not fake but grey.  Great brand. Great blend. Great cigars. Terrible new band/styling. Enjoy

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NotLawReview said:

Got this 10 box of Quai D'Orsay No. 50s in the mail yesterday from another online vendor since they've been so hard to find/quick to sell out when they've popped up on here. Definitely overpaid for them by about 40% and I was not happy to find the serial number ripped off...(as you can kind of see in the top left of the picture)

I have a hard time believing that they aren't the real deal simply bc they're so new and I wouldn't think counterfeiting outfits would be churning on a product that's so new (or if they were, they'd be doing it on boxes of 25), but I was not comfortable with the fact that the serial number wasn't there for me to run through the authenticator...

I complained to the vendor (who i had not previously used before and had heard inconsistent things about, but they're probably most famous for mold issues with only a few complaints about fakes) who replied that they're absolutely genuine and "As a general rule habanos only permits distributors to sell into their own country and the hologram and bar code identifies the individual distributor. In these times of increasing international trade, it is common practice, by the distributor, to endeavour to remove these identifying marks, this does occasionally get missed!"

I know that I've heard things like that before, it's just that it sure doesn't seem that any of the other vendors out there seem to mind...

I guess we'll see how they smoke once they come out of the freezer and have had a little bit of time to rest!

qd502.jpg

Dude. Download a barcode app. Hit that barcode with your phone and see what numbers pop up. Run it through the cigar site. ✅ 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 99call said:

On the up side they look great and will probably smoke great. You may still have the microprinting on seal. And can check them up from there. I would say these are not fake but grey.  Great brand. Great blend. Great cigars. Terrible new band/styling. Enjoy

yeah the perforated label seal was in tact and that is another thing that would be an added effort not worth faking on a 10ct box.

I'm split on the bands... I definitely think they needed to update the old ones, but these new ones are just too big... they should have found a happy medium between the two. That said, though i've never been to france, my perception of the country makes me think that the new bands/branding are very fitting for the intended market of france haha.

1 minute ago, Jimmy_jack said:

Dude. Download a barcode app. Hit that barcode with your liken and see what numbers pop up. Run it through the cigar site. ✅ 

you are a smarter man than I... hopefully there's enough of a barcode present to get it to work; I'll check it out when i get home. Thanks for the idea!

Edit: looking at this other picture i had taken, I'm not sure there's enough of the barcode present to allow for a clean read, sadly.

qd503.jpg

Just now, NotLawReview said:

. That said, though i've never been to france, my perception of the country makes me think that the new bands/branding are very fitting for the intended market of france haha.

Hhmmm !? Here in Europe being understated is usually the ideal. I loved the old bands. Upmann. Sancho Panza. Montecristo. Rafael Gonzalez. Quai D'Orsay all had the best bands. Sadly the fake market meant they had to die out. Such a shame. We now have to smoke cigars donning bands that look like they've been designed by teens that live on energy drinks

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NotLawReview said:

yeah, that's my guess as to what happened given their background of being hard to find currently, and my paying a 40% premium on them. Thanks!

There are a number of spots on the seal where the serial number is likely still in tact because it takes a lot of effort to find and scratch off each one.  Grab a good magnifying glass and check the following locations:  (1) above the "CA" in "REPUBLICA"; (2) top right corner; (3) lower right corner after "TABAKBLAETTER"; (4) bottom center beneath the "y" in "torcidos y picadura"; and (5) center center above "nacional."  There are at least 2 other spots where the serial number is broken into halves, but those 5 spots should give you at least one that you can read using a magnifying glass that did not get scrapped by the vendor.

• Like 2

Hhmmm !? Here in Europe being understated is usually the ideal. I loved the old bands. Upmann. Sancho Panza. Montecristo. Rafael Gonzalez. Quai D'Orsay all had the best bands. Sadly the fake market meant they had to die out. Such a shame. We now have to smoke cigars donning bands that look like they've been designed by teens that live on energy drinks

It’s an ongoing war for sure. The effect it has on all luxury items is profound, a never ending, always escalating battle. I have a love of high end mechanical watches and fighting counterfeiters here is extreme. Any luxury item which can be counterfeited...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

9 hours ago, NotLawReview said:

you are a smarter man than I... hopefully there's enough of a barcode present to get it to work; I'll check it out when i get home. Thanks for the idea!

Edit: looking at this other picture i had taken, I'm not sure there's enough of the barcode present to allow for a clean read, sadly.

qd503.jpg

I don't know if it's already been mentioned but you can also get a magnifying glass and look around the green seal and find the microprinted serial number unless of course they tore the rest of it off too...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NotLawReview said:

Got this 10 box of Quai D'Orsay No. 50s in the mail yesterday from another online vendor since they've been so hard to find/quick to sell out when they've popped up on here. Definitely overpaid for them by about 40% and I was not happy to find the serial number ripped off...(as you can kind of see in the top left of the picture)

I have a hard time believing that they aren't the real deal simply bc they're so new and I wouldn't think counterfeiting outfits would be churning on a product that's so new (or if they were, they'd be doing it on boxes of 25), but I was not comfortable with the fact that the serial number wasn't there for me to run through the authenticator...

I complained to the vendor (who i had not previously used before and had heard inconsistent things about, but they're probably most famous for mold issues with only a few complaints about fakes) who replied that they're absolutely genuine and "As a general rule habanos only permits distributors to sell into their own country and the hologram and bar code identifies the individual distributor. In these times of increasing international trade, it is common practice, by the distributor, to endeavour to remove these identifying marks, this does occasionally get missed!"

I know that I've heard things like that before, it's just that it sure doesn't seem that any of the other vendors out there seem to mind...

I guess we'll see how they smoke once they come out of the freezer and have had a little bit of time to rest!

qd502.jpg

They’re gorgeous....and the real deal!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NotLawReview said:

qd502.jpg

If it is the same vendor I am thinking of, that annoys me that he does that too.  I have been ordering from them, here and there, for probably around 20 years with no issues.

Just curious why you went for 10 instead of 25?  25 is a much better deal on his sight.  

I dont understand it, actually.  It is only 33% more money for 150% more cigars.

18 hours ago, HDGSN said:

There are a number of spots on the seal where the serial number is likely still in tact because it takes a lot of effort to find and scratch off each one.  Grab a good magnifying glass and check the following locations:  (1) above the "CA" in "REPUBLICA"; (2) top right corner; (3) lower right corner after "TABAKBLAETTER"; (4) bottom center beneath the "y" in "torcidos y picadura"; and (5) center center above "nacional."  There are at least 2 other spots where the serial number is broken into halves, but those 5 spots should give you at least one that you can read using a magnifying glass that did not get scrapped by the vendor.

good to know, i'll check it out when i pull them out of the freezer. Thanks!

I like this one a lot... So I picked up boxes 3 and 4. It's, without exaggerating, in my top three cigars smoked in 2018 so far.
The Count strikes again ... 
Edmundo Dantes Conde Bélicosos Exclusivo México x 2
Didn't bother peeling copious stickers and tape for the box code.
Cheers men!

20180427_113845.thumb.jpg.e731dc7bbff6154caeffad1e2aa5420e.jpg
20180410_174027.thumb.jpg.5e9b16f6006f09bb1992e9354a481df5.jpg

Absolutely love these but the health stickers on them have been some of the most obnoxious I’ve seen. Still, great haul!
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, awkwardPause said:

Absolutely love these but the health stickers on them have been some of the most obnoxious I’ve seen. Still, great haul!

Yeah Bri they go overboard with the health warnings in some of these countries. The written stuff is one thing... The visuals I can do without. I concur, special cigars these!