Your latest CC Purchase?

• Replies 19.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exactly bought recently .... but just found today in my lockers : Trinidad Fundadores EL NOSU ( El Laguito OCT 1998 ) bought in 2006 in Switzerland. Placed inside my lowest locker and to

I haven't posted in here for quite some time and thought that it would be nice to share some vintage cigars that just came in. I like to collect and smoke as many different vitolas de salida as possib

I don’t normally post my purchases but, aside from the Nudies bundles I ordered, the Lanceros will probably be the last cigars I receive for a while. The other two are highlights from my last few orde

These arrived yesterday from our host. A fantastic box of 10 H Upmann Royal Robustos that are currently taking pride of place in the humidor. They look sublime and I can't wait to get into one after they've had some down time to get over the journey! Thanks to El Pres and the team for such awesome service as always!

IMG_5280.JPG

IMG_5279.JPG

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheMonk said:

@Sean3 you're double posting, mate.

Oops, sorry 'bout that Monk.  I think it probably occurred when I added the box code and date via the edit function.  I'll try to delete the extras...thanks for letting me know.  I hate being a luddite!

2 hours ago, timbo84 said:

These arrived yesterday from our host. A fantastic box of 10 H Upmann Royal Robustos that are currently taking pride of place in the humidor. They look sublime and I can't wait to get into one after they've had some down time to get over the journey! Thanks to El Pres and the team for such awesome service as always!

p.s. I don't know why my phone has uploaded three upside down-apologies! 

IMG_5279.JPG

IMG_5280.JPG

Timbo

I've found editing the image prior to upload prevents the issue you're experiencing.  At a minimum I crop slightly and rotate 360° until back in a normal orientation and then I save.  THEN I upload.  

Haven't had that issue since I started that process.....

edit:.  Lovely cigars by the way.  ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BuzzArd said:

Timbo

I've found editing the image prior to upload prevents the issue you're experiencing.  At a minimum I crop slightly and rotate 360° until back in a normal orientation and then I save.  THEN I upload.  

Haven't had that issue since I started that process.....

edit:.  Lovely cigars by the way.  ?

I learned to do the same. Even a slight edit seems to do the trick

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Porch Smoker said:

Mag 50s from a recent 24 sale. Didn't pay attention to the box codes when I ordered. Pleasantly surprised these were '14s.

Also more cigar photo work.

ee05f6d3c6c5ab6a06d5517a347b95e4.jpg

61a22630e78e3ea507a7908923fed67c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My photo work isn't near as fancy, but like   @Porch Smoker I too was pleasantly surprised by these being from MUL NOV14.  Extremely pleased with these, should've grabbed 4 more boxes!  Thanks to our host and please keep those 10 counts coming!!

IMG_0015.JPG

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sean3 said:

By the way, do jars, other than Noellas, ever come up on 24:24? 

They do, but infrequently...since jars are generally produced in pretty limited numbers, and some are only regionally available.

From recent memory (last year or two) I know Rob has had the Torreon jar, as well as the PCC Anniversary jar.

2 minutes ago, archosaur said:

They do, but infrequently...since jars are generally produced in pretty limited numbers, and some are only regionally available.

From recent memory (last year or two) I know Rob has had the Torreon jar, as well as the PCC Anniversary jar.

Thanks for the info archosaur.  I honestly know nothing about the jars other than I like them.  I'll be watching for them on the 24:24 sales.  Cheers sir.

You're welcome Sean3, no worries.  Nice pick up on the Noellas jar.  I have one too, it's a beautiful piece and will be a nice functional memento...long after the cigars have been smoked.

They have been putting Cuban cigars in jars for a long time apparently.  At the end of the day, they are just another collectible that can really separate you from your money quickly!  The Noellas jar is cheap, some of the other ones out there, not so much...proceed with caution :lol3:

• Like 1

Guest Robusto 107
On 2013/9/7 at 6:44 AM, vitruvius said:

Picked these up in Havana last month (pictures not in same order). Pictures are horrible, the cigars actually are very nice.

H Upmann half corona

H Upmann royal robusto

Cohiba Behike 54

HDM grand epicure

Cohiba PE

Bolivar royal corona (2)

Juan Lopez selection no. 2

uploadfromtaptalk1378507247203.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1378507273239.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1378507300552.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1378507320898.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1378507338401.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1378507359253.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1378507385613.jpg

Lovely!

5 hours ago, Sean3 said:

Thanks for the info archosaur.  I honestly know nothing about the jars other than I like them.  I'll be watching for them on the 24:24 sales.  Cheers sir.

The good thing about the Noellas-Jar is not so much the jar, but that it actually comes with a decent cigar! It seems to be a love-hate cigar among members here, but I do love it. Had another one just last week (a '13 single, don't own a jar, just a selection of diff. singles), and it was delicious. If you manage to keep your hands off the jar for a minimum of 5 years (yes, do get a second one for smoking from or a few singles....haha) you will be greatly rewarded I think. This is one for the long haul.

For various reasons I've had to wait a long time to get my grubby little mitts on a box of D4s, but here they are in all their glory.7d04bfa610b280e92a36278ac8e37d4d.jpg6ba3abc59813198d5ee9c7748031e957.jpg

8 hours ago, Fugu said:

The good thing about the Noellas-Jar is not so much the jar, but that it actually comes with a decent cigar! It seems to be a love-hate cigar among members here, but I do love it. Had another one just last week (a '13 single, don't own a jar, just a selection of diff. singles), and it was delicious. If you manage to keep your hands off the jar for a minimum of 5 years (yes, do get a second one for smoking from or a few singles....haha) you will be greatly rewarded I think. This is one for the long haul.

Great info Mr. Fugu, it's appreciated!  If I can keep my grubby mitts off of them, I'll let 'em sleep as you suggest...other than trying one after letting them acclimate to their new home.  Of course, this is easier said than done!  Cheers sir.

• Like 1

Agree, I have a couple of the jars because I really enjoy the cigar. If they weren't in Jars I'd still buy them and probably save some money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1