Your latest CC Purchase?

• Replies 19.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exactly bought recently .... but just found today in my lockers : Trinidad Fundadores EL NOSU ( El Laguito OCT 1998 ) bought in 2006 in Switzerland. Placed inside my lowest locker and to

I haven't posted in here for quite some time and thought that it would be nice to share some vintage cigars that just came in. I like to collect and smoke as many different vitolas de salida as possib

I don’t normally post my purchases but, aside from the Nudies bundles I ordered, the Lanceros will probably be the last cigars I receive for a while. The other two are highlights from my last few orde

20 hours ago, Bohn007 said:

You smoked one already? How was it?

I have. I am not the greatest reviewer so don't hope others won't hammer me. 

Cigar was obviously young (box date Jul 16) but of course had to light one up. Wrapper and construction is flawless!  First light was very smooth and very earthy and woody, but not harsh. Draw was a bit firm before the light, but once lit it was a lot of smoke and I did not notice the firmness, quite interesting.  No sour, ammoniac etc. but have to admit this is the most mildest Cohiba I smoked to date for the 1st half which ain't much, then Medium +. Good creaminess at the half way mark. Burn was great, along with long ash and very even burn.  Last 3rd (as I expected) got hot near the nub.  The Medio burned did burn fast and I was not used to removing the band so quickly...

This cigar will age VERY well, and it's ring size (52) is perfect for me in this length of cigar.  It's gonna be a great lunch time cigar for me or when I'm somewhere where time is not on my side and could be become a great everyday smoke for me. 

Hope this helps. Thanks guys.

Edit, I posted a comparison review with the Siglo VI here

Edited by clutch5150
Added link
  • Like 1

On 9/20/2016 at 7:13 PM, Saxman said:

Got my latest purchase from our host today

RASS TOR MAR 16 these look lovely
e364ab1e47c1cd4f3ac65fdda80a1c23.jpg
a8c49389cdb4e3c8b96729e0d6524f8a.jpg

Also Cohiba Piramide Extra Tubos 3 pack
MUR ENE 13

These guys will be put away for a while. Plan to smoke one December 17. The day before my Cuba trip.
70c79bcdec85c3c20ed41ae81b58c3a1.jpg

71ebc2e2d529e79bfc2835575e32eb9c.jpg

Bottom line is I could not be happier.

Those look fantastic Saxman!

• Like 2

On 9/20/2016 at 7:13 PM, Saxman said:

Got my latest purchase from our host today

RASS TOR MAR 16 these look lovely
e364ab1e47c1cd4f3ac65fdda80a1c23.jpg
a8c49389cdb4e3c8b96729e0d6524f8a.jpg

Also Cohiba Piramide Extra Tubos 3 pack
MUR ENE 13

These guys will be put away for a while. Plan to smoke one December 17. The day before my Cuba trip.
70c79bcdec85c3c20ed41ae81b58c3a1.jpg

71ebc2e2d529e79bfc2835575e32eb9c.jpg

Bottom line is I could not be happier.

Those look fantastic Saxman!

On 9/17/2016 at 7:52 PM, zeedubbya said:

Thanks a million to a very generous FOHBOTL for graciously splitting these for me and another member so we could try these without going broke!  

image.jpeg

Nice! I'm envious. I recently had one of these on my birthday. Hands down the best smoke I've ever had (in my somewhat limited CC experience). Right after I lit it up, my wife said it smelled amazing. I was actually disappointed after the first few puffs, but about 1/2" in it turned on and wow, was it good. It was maybe medium-full body and not terribly complex, but smooth and right up my alley, I guess. It literally ruined me for many other cigars. Couldn't even finish the three or four cigars I had after (over the course of a week or so) because I still remembered the Supremos so vividly.

• Like 2