RESULT & WINNER ANNOUNCED!! 50/50 FOH's Weekly Poll Comp: #3

50/50 Poll #3  

108 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A classic film is the subject matter being hoist up the flag poll, this week... 

5050-flagpole1.jpg

All about 50/50...

50/50 is a weekly poll where we find out whether or not some serious bones of contention questions can be finally be buried or will instead remain above ground as a fleshy 50/50 debate... you know, such weighty issues as these...

If given no other option:

are you a Cohiba or Monte person? 

do you prefer Hunnicutt or Trapper in M*A*S*H? 

Connery or Moore as Bond?

Apple or PC?

Smooth or Crunchy peanut butter? 

do you prefer wearing men's or women's underwear?

Sacrificing chickens or virgins?

...that sort of standard fare. 

Vote in the poll and further bolster your standpoint in the thread below if you wish. Poll Votes are public and there's a couple of sticks up for grabs for participants. :party:

Also, PM me Polls that you'd like me to conduct on 50/50 and there'll be a prize for those we decide to use. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Burningman said:

It's a tough call but I have to say #1. Such a shame they made part 3...

I know. I think it all comes down to Fredo: in #1 he's bangin' cocktail waitresses two at a time, in #2 he's breaking Michael's heart. He's definitely the key. ;)

And, yes, #3 does not exist for me. 

• Like 1

One could argue that these are collectively one film. My nod is to #1 because Brando is iconic in that role. 

• Like 3

Tough call for me. Two iconic actors, two legendary films, one really great story. The nostalgic setting and Brando's masterful and intense acting in Pt.1, versus Michael Corleone's ascension to power and the more complex and intriguing plot in Pt. 2. They were both equally entertaining, even though for different reasons. To me it seemed more like one movie divided into two parts, rather than two separate movies. I have to give it to Pt. 2 by a just a hair. I simply can't imagine how you could end the story with pt.1 and not make pt. 2. 

BTW - if  you get a chance, read Mario Puzo's book called 'The Family', it has similar plot to the Godfather, but in a completely different era involving the early Papacy. Fantastic book. 

8 hours ago, Markspring1978 said:

One could argue that these are collectively one film. My nod is to #1 because Brando is iconic in that role. 

great films with 1 getting the nod.

i believe that gene hackman turned down the role. and the robert shaw role in jaws, and dreyfus in close encounters. get a new agent pal! 

20 hours ago, Markspring1978 said:

One could argue that these are collectively one film.

Francis Ford Coppola states the very same thing at the end of Godfather Part II in his director's commentary. Also, Sight and Sound, the British Monthly Film Magazine published since the 1930's, ran a Critic's and Director's Top Ten Films of all time in 1952 and this list is updated every ten years thereafter. They considered Godfather Parts I and II a single film until the rules were changed for the 2012 list (which also affected Krzysztof Kieślowski's Three Colors trilogy and Dekalog and Satyajit Ray's The Apu Trilogy).