Supplements, do you take them?

None for me.  I do not believe in holistic medicine etc neither.  Nor do I believe chiropractic remedies are necessary 98% of the time.  Not picking an argument with anyone, believe what you want it bothers me none, I just trust the scientific method above beliefs when it comes to health/medicine.

• Like 1

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i think you might be spot on.  i had not seen this thread before but this morning, was reading an article on just this (to be fair, the supplements and proteins for working out, i have no idea -

Is beer considered a supplement, or have we already covered that?...🤔

I also have a herniated disk in my back L4/L5 and my left knee is basically the knee of an 80yr old despite the fact I'm not even 40 yet. Daily vitamin and a vitamin D are nice - since I was alwa

1 hour ago, mprach024 said:

None for me.  I do not believe in holistic medicine etc neither.  Nor do I believe chiropractic remedies are necessary 98% of the time.  Not picking an argument with anyone, believe what you want it bothers me none, I just trust the scientific method above beliefs when it comes to health/medicine.

That pretty much sums it up for me as well. Thankfully, I haven’t needed any prescriptions for a long time and the most I’ll normally take is Advil when needed. 

Gut performance pre and pro biotics anitoxidants and collogen great for coping with bloating and indigestion for me.

Magnesium at night after gym. Normal protein powder.

Zinc and echinacea if I feel a cold coming on.

9 hours ago, Ginseng said:

I've tried various CDB gummies. No discernible effects of any kind. Even at 4-5x the high-potency dosages. Guess it doesn't work on me.

I would like to them to work. Would be interesting to hear if anyone has had some effects

I avoid multivitamins due to the iron jn them. My body doesn't remove iron. Genetic.

I also don't like the snake oil aspect of something with unknown upper limits. Unless folks are getting tested regularly and know how much of a given vitamin their body has stored up they could be poisoning themselves, I reckon.

That said, I do protein and B complex and creatine on occasion and with caution. I'd avoid whey like the plague though when I began at the gym decades ago it was all the rage for folks. As with creatine, I don't want to blast my kidneys out.

But I'm getting weekly or bi-weekly blood work anyway, for my hemochromatosis, so I'm aware of what's going on.

Edit: yes I know smoking adds a significant amount of iron to my body, but I'm not inhaling, and every man needs a vice. Or three.

On 11/29/2021 at 1:59 AM, Edicion said:

I would like to them to work. Would be interesting to hear if anyone has had some effects

I find gummies to be the least effective of the CBD stuff I've tried. 

Although it can taste a bit funky, oil is the best way to go. And finding a reputable source is half the battle. 

Another thing to consider with CBD is the effects are quite subtle and seem to be geared more towards managing mild anxiety and inflammation. So take little and often and over time your body should store up enough to be useful. So managing your expectations in the face of the 'magic cure-all' marketing can be difficult. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/27/2021 at 10:20 PM, mprach024 said:

I mean it's not like vitamins and minerals don't have any science behind them...

As @Cigar Surgeon said vitamin D because North and I tested a bit low on my last blood test... And I donate blood so iron. Other than that don't really have any other health needs or care much about sports performance.

• Like 1

Is beer considered a supplement, or have we already covered that?...🤔

• Haha 4

• 7 months later...

Hello, I have used supplements for more than three years. Still, if you want to use supplements too, you should consult a doctor before that and choose supplements that won't affect your health and your life. I use SARMS because their side effects are less intense if compared with other supplements. You can find more information about SARMS on the internet. I buy them online from https://purerawz.co/, and I am pleased with everything. If you are interested, visit their websites for more.

• Confused 1

For endurance and to minimize lactic acid buildup I take Citrulline, Arginine and Beta-alanine as supplements, and I try to load up on either arugula or baby spinach every day (these are the best for nitric oxide). 

Recovery supplements I use are Magnesium and Potassium. After work outs and for lunch I load up on proteins, with some complex sugars and simple unsaturated fats, mostly from beans (black beans, northern beans, garbanzo) and fruits (blueberries mostly, and watermelon) I often put these in a smoothie. Very importantly, I always include pepper (either black pepper or hot pepper sauce - just a few drops) along with turmeric and ginger (fresh, not supplements). This is the most potent cocktail for cancer fighting and anti-oxidents. Snacking is on some unsalted sunflower seeds or peanuts. 

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

Old thread, I take a bunch of supplements but one I would mention is a few months ago I started to notice I was having trouble reading my phone. I’ve always had laser good vision, but I also just turned 44 and am learning this is right around the age where this can happen. I fish, tie flies, and read alot so I was particularly concerned.  

I consulted my most trusted health advisor, Joe Rogan, and he recommended Pure Encapsulations Macular Support in one of his podcasts. I take PE’s multivitamin pack already. Wow, what a difference in a few weeks. And with eyesight I think much less room for a placebo effect. I have not had to adjust my phone to read anymore. Highly recommended. 

3 hours ago, El Hoze said:

Old thread, I take a bunch of supplements but one I would mention is a few months ago I started to notice I was having trouble reading my phone. I’ve always had laser good vision, but I also just turned 44 and am learning this is right around the age where this can happen. I fish, tie flies, and read alot so I was particularly concerned.  

I consulted my most trusted health advisor, Joe Rogan, and he recommended Pure Encapsulations Macular Support in one of his podcasts. I take PE’s multivitamin pack already. Wow, what a difference in a few weeks. And with eyesight I think much less room for a placebo effect. I have not had to adjust my phone to read anymore. Highly recommended. 

I am fan of Pure Encapsulations.  Their manufacture is the next town over from me.  Usually need to go through a provider to get their products.  Highly recommended.