Cohiba Supremo Released in Some Markets

perhaps we should take this to a cigar forum?

if I'm left with 55-60s then I'd have to find a new hobby

+1 . Anything above 52-54 is just too much. The wannabes and posers with their matching massive watch dials can have them.

• Like 1

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Settle pettles I see some parallels in the debate to my own wine experience. When I made my first decent coin in the mid to late 80's (I mean a pay packet not a mozza) I threw myself into the worl

It has been proven time and time again that anything under 42rg does not sell The Cubans have proved it The American have proved it The cigar industry is a business, and a business needs supply som

I love all the reverse-elitist attitudes here with this. Such a crock. If they made a super premium long and skinny, you guys would not begrudge those that like the bigger, fatter cigars. Agreed wh

+1 . Anything above 52-54 is just too much. The wannabes and posers with their matching massive watch dials can have them.

In the hands of a 6'4" 250lb man it probably looks like a petit corona. And to that same man an "oversized watch" is just normal size. All relative.
  • Like 2

My preferred RG is 42-46. I rarely buy anything above 48. CoRo and Connie As are the exception. While I won't be searching for the Supremo, admittingly I'm curious to try one based on the reviews. Maybe 2 or 3 singles in my future. Surely I'm not the type of consumer thats being targeted. Or am I?

• Like 1

If anyone is looking for a subject to write for a psychology degree paper, here it is. Ring gauge continues to strike sparks. It boils down to this, if you like it, smoke. If you don't like it, don't smoke it. Respect each others preferences. When I see someone expressing a preference for fat/skinny cigars, I salute them because that leaves more skinny/fat cigars for me.

in my opinion, it would be more productive to discuss how to convince the powers-that-be to roll and market the size you like. In other words, how can those who want more 898's and lanceros press their case to Big Hanabos?

Well said. Just don't burn your ass, you'll have to sit on it!

Finally figured out what that meant wink.png

I think Asian preferences are driving the market imho...at least for LEs. Asians (ahem, Chinese) want the big fat suckers. I don't think any other country can really influence Habanos more than them, though I will say there's always the option of seeking out skinnies through RE releases (e.g. RA 898 Germany release)

Disagree. I live in South East Asia, travel comprehensively in the whole of Asia and was in Beijing attending APEC whetre the top tier of businessmen of the region (perhaps the planet) converged. Not one time did I see anyone smoke anything bigger than a Churchill. Most commonly I saw people smoking Robustos, wide Churchills, and Churchills. Looking at the list of RE's, Asia's allocation of RE's have not been disproportionately on the large vitola side, being between a robusto and a double robusto most of the time. None of the EL's have been released in LCDH's in Asia yet, whilst the Bolivar, Partagas and Cohiba have already been sighted in Europe. If these cigars are being bought (I must admit to having an outsize amount of 1966), it because I bought them with a view to future rarity rather than because they are large vitolas. And I was born and raised in Europe.

I believe in variety. One day I reach for a PC and another I will reach for a 520.. I have no problems with HSA's decision to go with this rg after all it's a LE and there are plenty of great smaller rg cigars in their line up.

If you have the means buy em and enjoy

My "smoking mojo" is all up the creek even with a BHK 54, love the damn thing but smoke it by myself in private because it feels "not quite right". Maybe I'll try one at a Fat Cat & Trophy Wife dress up 40th in the new year. Corona Gordas have a comfortable Feng shui for me.

It has been proven time and time again that anything under 42rg does not sell

The Cubans have proved it

The American have proved it

With the Monte #4 being the best setting cigar in the world and the huge number of petit corona styled cigars which sell in Europe it would be nice if this was reflected in special or new regular production once in a while though.

• Like 3

In the hands of a 6'4" 250lb man it probably looks like a petit corona. And to that same man an "oversized watch" is just normal size. All relative.

Agreed..it is all relative. Regardless of the poor connotation smoking a "larger than life" RG cigsr brings, it is easily trumped to me if it's an absolute beauty of of smoke... Point being, if all the rave reviews on this stick are in fact true, then I myself will strap on the Super Avenger and light one up to enjoy under my own personal confines...not because I wanna smoke a jaw breaker to up my "status."

Plus, the true aficionado smokes to enjoy for the experience, not to flash a brand or size..

I would rather have 50 la gloria MDO 2. With that said I will probably seek out a single, and probably a couple 1966 to compare it to as well.

Sent by telepathic super powers

-Stogie Boy

Everything he smokes is the greatest cigar ever though lol

I was thinking the same thing myself when I watched the video. I mean, we all know he's going to push the product especially at that price.. No matter what though, I believe these will sell out regardless