Cohiba Supremo Released in Some Markets

^unfortunately rob it doesn't work that way, if it did we wouldn't care and the "bosses" could smoke all the ROBUSTO SUPREMOS they wanted while they think they look badass in their own minds

Really? I have asked this before: what is the benefit of a rg larger than 50? What does it bring to the smoking characterics of the cigar?

What does it bring to a blend?

I'm curious. Even HSA through its marketing team is unable to put forward a credible argument on this matter

That's because there is none, people use silly justifications such as wrapper/ratio flavor under the guise of legitimate arguments when they hear something they don't like.

I don't think consistency or "nailing" the blend will make a lick of difference. They can taste like swere rat droppings and they will sell out FAST. Like you said....for a variety of reasons.

People will like the taste

People will think they like the taste because they are "supposed to"

People will think they like the taste because it is lousy to spend that much onm something and not enjoy it.

People will buy for investment

People will buy as gifts

People will buy just because they are Cohiba

People will buy for whatever other reason.....People will buy.

Exactly this.

It's not just his skin.

There are a small group of people on the board who constantly whine about cigars that they don't like or can't afford. It starts off as a rant about HSA, and then goes on to talk about the motives of people who may buy them as posers. Sound familiar?

OK. So some people don't like big RG and special releases. We get it.

To mention this ad nauseum isn't civilized.

I don't know who you are but first of all this is a discussion board in case you didn't notice and secondly I wasn't aware you were cognizant of my finances. Are you just trying to get attention?

• Like 4

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Settle pettles I see some parallels in the debate to my own wine experience. When I made my first decent coin in the mid to late 80's (I mean a pay packet not a mozza) I threw myself into the worl

It has been proven time and time again that anything under 42rg does not sell The Cubans have proved it The American have proved it The cigar industry is a business, and a business needs supply som

I love all the reverse-elitist attitudes here with this. Such a crock. If they made a super premium long and skinny, you guys would not begrudge those that like the bigger, fatter cigars. Agreed wh

Ahhhhh, the joys of opinion differences. No point for me to try and convince anybody of the validity of my opinions. They remain mine and might or not be shared, doesn't matter in the end.

I doubt I would buy the latest Cohiba, too wide and expensive for my taste, knowing I'm perfectly happy with other HSA offerings.

At the end of the day, a few well meant individuals will likely not stop progress, whatever that progress may be. Dinosaurs might have been cool but fate had other plans. I'd be sad if all I could find were 58rg sticks but I'm sure I would adapt. In the meantime, don't mind if I stock up on something else :P

To each his own. Cigar smokers do so for various personal reasons. Wanting to look cool might be one. So be it. I'd be the last guy to try and chastise people based on my own preferences and hope others will do the same towards me if they find me unusual. Cheers guys!

• Like 1

Haha that reminds me, I was herfing with a buddy of mine and I don't recall what we were having but something in the order of a lancero and cce when this older man sat down next to us with his cigar case in hand. He asked what we were smoking (and at that time we probably had a half to a third left on ours) and says to one of us "that's not a cigar!" followed by "this is a cigar!" when he pulled out a monte 2 LOL!!! We just looked at each other and resumed herfing.

• Like 1

who you are but first of all this is a discussion board in case you didn't notice and secondly I wasn't aware you were cognizant of my finances. Are you just trying to get attention?

Community/stroke discussion board. Community first as was on display last week in Cuba.

There is an additional responsibility when being part of a community.

• Like 1

A waste of good tobacco imho. I just made the calculation and the amount of tobacco in that cigar is the same as a 47rg x 7.6 inch cigar (slightly longer than a churchill). Or you can make 1.36 dalias with that amount of tobacco.

This batch of tobacco grown for this release must have produced a lot of filler.

the Robusto supreme roughly has the same wrapper requirements as the Lancero and Siglo V, (about 14.1 square inches)

While the filler volume on the RS is 3.2 cubic inches compares to about 2.1 cubic inches for the Lancero and Siglo V

over 1 cubic inch per cigar of extra filler

• Like 1

If anyone is looking for a subject to write for a psychology degree paper, here it is. Ring gauge continues to strike sparks. It boils down to this, if you like it, smoke. If you don't like it, don't smoke it. Respect each others preferences. When I see someone expressing a preference for fat/skinny cigars, I salute them because that leaves more skinny/fat cigars for me.

in my opinion, it would be more productive to discuss how to convince the powers-that-be to roll and market the size you like. In other words, how can those who want more 898's and lanceros press their case to Big Hanabos?

• Like 1

I think Asian preferences are driving the market imho...at least for LEs. Asians (ahem, Chinese) want the big fat suckers. I don't think any other country can really influence Habanos more than them, though I will say there's always the option of seeking out skinnies through RE releases (e.g. RA 898 Germany release)

I think Asian preferences are driving the market imho...at least for LEs. Asians (ahem, Chinese) want the big fat suckers. I don't think any other country can really influence Habanos more than them, though I will say there's always the option of seeking out skinnies through RE releases (e.g. RA 898 Germany release)

Russia, the Middle East and probably America too, albeit not officially.

• Like 2

IMO... the buyers drive the production line. I don't think lobbying HSA management will accomplish anything. If it sells, they will keep marketing and producing it. What motivation is there to stop??? Chopped cigars will continue to be reincarnated as "special" releases. They fetch big bucks and always seem to sell out. As for many of us smokers (not collectors/flippers)... we prefer to age and store cigars for our own preferences. Personally, buying 10ct boxes at 500 dollars is "slightly" cost prohibitive ;) I'm only stating opinions... as I don't work in the industry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ahhhh Utility

Its Edgeworth box and Pareto optimum!

Great comparison Rob :)

Settle pettles flower.gif

I see some parallels in the debate to my own wine experience.

When I made my first decent coin in the mid to late 80's (I mean a pay packet not a mozza) I threw myself into the world of wine which was (and remains) a passion.

I sought out the best I could (and couldn't) afford. $90 Bottles, $1000 cases, I just wanted to try the very best I could.

Chasing the very best turned out to be a sweet and sour experience. I found out just because something is expensive and rated didn't mean I enjoyed it. That Journey went on for a decade. I am a slow learner.

By the late 90's (and to this day) I focused on $15-25 gems. I know what I like, I don't get involved in the hype. I will still spring on the rare occasion $100+ on a great bottle of Aussie/French/Italian Red as a treat. I know what I love and a little indulgence is not a bad thing.

Luxury consumables is not math. A $100 bottle of wine is not 4 times better than a $25 bottle. A $50 Cigar not 5 times better than a $10 one. My father still enjoys his 4 litre cask of dry red and I can assure you the utility he obtains from that glass is the same I receive from a bottle of Amarone. utility is a beautiful thing.

Luxury consumables be they wine or cigars are but perceived benchmarks. One may embrace those benchmarks wholly (I have mates who only drink $80+ wine and vintage cigars), one may touch those benchmarks occasionally (myself) or one may completely ignore them altogether.

To dictate there is a right or wrong in any approach is in my mind hubris at best.

Why are we still talking about this?

Its not a new subject.

Personally, I prefer 46-50rg, but if it were a choice between smoking only 55-60s and not smoking at all, I'll have a Wide Churchill, thankyou.

I hope they are good. If HSA have nailed the blend, as so many have already said, I'll buy as many as I can afford.

As long as its a good cigar that has a profile I enjoy, then I don't care if they make a 65rg Montecristo next year. If it tastes good, I'll smoke it.

perhaps we should take this to a cigar forum?

if I'm left with 55-60s then I'd have to find a new hobby

• Like 3

The only problem I have with large RG cigars is that you could enjoy the same amount of tobacco over a longer period of time if it were in a skinnier vitola.

How does that change the fact if it is a great cigar? I'm not saying it is but that logic seems flawed imo