Cohiba Supremo Released in Some Markets

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Settle pettles I see some parallels in the debate to my own wine experience. When I made my first decent coin in the mid to late 80's (I mean a pay packet not a mozza) I threw myself into the worl

It has been proven time and time again that anything under 42rg does not sell The Cubans have proved it The American have proved it The cigar industry is a business, and a business needs supply som

I love all the reverse-elitist attitudes here with this. Such a crock. If they made a super premium long and skinny, you guys would not begrudge those that like the bigger, fatter cigars. Agreed wh

I love all the reverse-elitist attitudes here with this. Such a crock. If they made a super premium long and skinny, you guys would not begrudge those that like the bigger, fatter cigars.

Agreed wholeheartedly with you that H S.A. is messed up in it's thinking lately with some of these jawbreaker releases. But as Rob states, simply, they sell. The Asian and Russian markets are expanding more and more because of this. Even perhaps moreso, look at all the non-Cuban releases out of the U.S. in the past few years - nubs, fat sticks, etc., etc., are flooding the market there, for probably 5 or 6 years now. So, H S.A. is simply appearing to be slightly playing "catch up" in that regard.

Do we blame Americans in general then, for setting this trend???? No, because that's simply imbecility at it's finest.

Some like a variety of cigars. I myself will try some (as I was gifted some), but whether I like them or not, I won't be buying (simply because I'm 90% sure the ring gauge will simply make it uncomfortable to smoke). But I'm not going to ***** and moan and generalize in a negative-view the other smokers that do.

Talking down to those that are wanting to try them? Grow up. You want to smoke long and skinnies - fine. Great. Some of us like those, plus piramides, plus Churchills, plus robustos, etc., because of what the different formats can bring to a flavour profile. It's about the individual smoke.

This thread has been very civilized, as it should be. People are stating their opinions. What got under your skin?

, because of what the different formats can bring to a flavour profile. It's about the individual smoke.

Really? I have asked this before: what is the benefit of a rg larger than 50? What does it bring to the smoking characterics of the cigar?

What does it bring to a blend?

I'm curious. Even HSA through its marketing team is unable to put forward a credible argument on this matter

This thread has been very civilized, as it should be. People are stating their opinions. What got under your skin?

It's not just his skin.

There are a small group of people on the board who constantly whine about cigars that they don't like or can't afford. It starts off as a rant about HSA, and then goes on to talk about the motives of people who may buy them as posers. Sound familiar?

OK. So some people don't like big RG and special releases. We get it.

To mention this ad nauseum isn't civilized.

• Like 3

It's not just his skin.

There are a small group of people on the board who constantly whine about cigars that they don't like or can't afford. It starts off as a rant about HSA, and then goes on to talk about the motives of people who may buy them as posers. Sound familiar?

Mash! Buddy, pal! How have you been?! You haven't been hounding me in months. Feeling alright? LOL

Opinions on a newly released cigar on an internet cigar forum!?!? THE HORROR!!!!

There are a small group of people on the board who constantly whine about cigars that they don't like or can't afford.

There is also some people who never take part in any discussion, and post only when a thread turns sour or when some members badmouth some others… innocent.gif

• Like 1

Very true. Good to see you interject now and then ^_^.

You should really post more, K. Wed all enjoy it, :)

Despite ad nauseum pathos argumentation, the logistics (I believe) have rarely been discussed.

Ones illustrated by Frank's post below. I too am wondering about the differences of large ring gauges. (price and markets aside).

Really? I have asked this before: what is the benefit of a rg larger than 50? What does it bring to the smoking characterics of the cigar?

What does it bring to a blend?

I'm curious. Even HSA through its marketing team is unable to put forward a credible argument on this matter

Sent from the Enigma on Tapatalk for BlackBerry.

Big fat cigars are in style because of photos of pretty half dressed women practically deep throating unlit Ghurkas clown2.gifclown2.gifclown2.gif

Tom, your description of this new cigar was terrific. From the blend of the Cohiba and the Monte 520, I can only guess the reviewer you speak of is Ennis, King of the 520's.

As for the $51 price tag, about $7-10 less than a 1966, so big deal.

*** Edited. Math mistake. Escepcion not in this story.

• Like 1

Tom, your description of this new cigar was terrific. From the blend of the Cohiba and the Monte 520, I can only guess the reviewer you speak of is Ennis, King of the 520's.

Sadly, I wasn't the reviewer of this one. I would like to have been as I like the bigger RG cigars.

E

(edited to fix spelling faux pas)

• Like 1

Hey Guys , its only a cigar, personally , i believe for that amount of money, is not better to go for a Behike 56 or a box of the Bolivar Super coronas -25- cigars, instead of a cigar that looks shorter than a robusto, with bands that cover more than a quarter and you have to remove after two puffs. But again there are many tastes out there which will dictate one's decision.Finally it is not fair to say that those who were critical of the Supremos, did so because they can not afford them.

Sadly, I wasn't the reviewer of this one. I would like to have been as I like the bigger RG cigars.

E

(edited to fix spelling faux pas)

Write a letter to Santa Enis..

• Like 2

Big fat cigars are in style because of photos of pretty half dressed women practically deep throating unlit Ghurkas clown2.gifclown2.gifclown2.gif

As for the $51 price tag, this is the same current price as a L'Escepcion, and about $7-10 less than a 1966, so big deal.

Wow, I just got rid of my box of La Escept. for the $20 per I paid for them. Anybody asking for $50 for on eof those is ripping people off and profitng off of other BOTLs....

There is also some people who never take part in any discussion, and post only when a thread turns sour or when some members badmouth some others :innocent:

Yeah, I'd love get into pedantic discussions with you about the historical origin of the wrapper leaf on a 1994 Diplomatic #1. You're usually so open minded and respectful of others. It's only having a life that gets in my way.

If they were out last week I would have bought a box smoked some and made up my own mind about them. I do have a couple of singles but have not tried one yet.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'd love get into pedantic discussions with you about the historical origin of the wrapper leaf on a 1994 Diplomatic #1. You're usually so open minded and respectful of others. It's only having a life that gets in my way.

Lol

• Like 1