Cohiba Supremo Released in Some Markets

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Settle pettles I see some parallels in the debate to my own wine experience. When I made my first decent coin in the mid to late 80's (I mean a pay packet not a mozza) I threw myself into the worl

It has been proven time and time again that anything under 42rg does not sell The Cubans have proved it The American have proved it The cigar industry is a business, and a business needs supply som

I love all the reverse-elitist attitudes here with this. Such a crock. If they made a super premium long and skinny, you guys would not begrudge those that like the bigger, fatter cigars. Agreed wh

I had the opportunity to try one of these in Havana last week.

A fat cigar indeed and not my normal preference as a vitola as I prefer 50 or less. As a result I was hoping that this cigar was going to be a dud. Unfortunately it was far from the dog rocket I was hoping for. A robust flavour profile and surprisingly smooth considering its youth. If I were doing this blind there I would not have pegged this as a cohiba. If I were to draw a comparison I would say that someone decided to blend a Cohiba 1966 with a Monte 520 and this is what they came up with. It was noted by a friend, who was smoking this cigar with me, that this cigar it is like the best of two different women. One that knows how to cook and the other who knows the ways of seduction. This cigar is a keeper.

Spot on Tom.

I had half a dozen last week and you nailed the description.

I wasn't expecting too much I have to say but they were the cigar of the week for me along with a few Hamlet "Fat Lanceros"....ie a Lonsdale that he rolled for me. One day he will again roll a true lancero for me!

None of the new Cohiba have hit here as yet. I have no idea re pricing.

• Like 3

Man, I thought this was going to be one I could pass on without a second thought due to the huge RG not being my thing. All these positive experiences are causing me to rethink my stance.

At $51us a stick, size was the least of my issues when it came to purchasing a box

• Like 1

Man, I thought this was going to be one I could pass on without a second thought due to the huge RG not being my thing. All these positive experiences are causing me to rethink my stance.

For me the rg precludes everything else, if I can't comfortable fit it between my teeth then it is a no go for me because the experience is awkward. I've had a couple bhk 56s and I have zero interest personally in ever smoking something that large again. And it's not like there aren't a hundred great cigars out there I can't enjoy that have been produced for so long without one new one in almost 2015 being introduced that I can't live without. You guys complain about the lack of skinnies but then contradict yourselves by condoning habanos new direction. If you guys enjoy that's fine, but let's stop the whining about the eradication of thin gauge cigars (except those of us who exclusively smoke them).

• Like 3

Accidentally deleted the photo from my iPhone. Crappola. Trying to recover it. Not sure if Gary or Peter or one of the other guys that saw it with me took a picture too.

EDIT - believe that the code was Sep 14 "OEP".

I did not take a picture. Sorry.

For me the rg precludes everything else, if I can't comfortable fit it between my teeth then it is a no go for me because the experience is awkward. I've had a couple bhk 56s and I have zero interest personally in ever smoking something that large again. And it's not like there aren't a hundred great cigars out there I can't enjoy that have been produced for so long without one new one in almost 2015 being introduced that I can't live without. You guys complain about the lack of skinnies but then contradict yourselves by condoning habanos new direction. If you guys enjoy that's fine, but let's stop the whining about the eradication of thin gauge cigars (except those of us who exclusively smoke them).

Don't get me wrong. I'm not condoning their (habanos SA) direction, but if it actually tastes good then that's why I'd give one or two a go. I'm not going deep by any means. The reason why I personally don't smoke large RG is more about the lack of flavor they tend to have more than a comfort thing.

In my humble opinion a good/great cigar is a good/great cigar and if the flavour/balance complexity is there then Kudos. I have only had half a dozen of these and found them to be excellent.

However will I go deep? Personally no. I don't like the gauge. I will continue to reach for a mag 46/Siglo IV/898/Boli PC/Especial etc because that is what I like to smoke myself.

We all know that if they nail the blend and get consistency right the Cohiba Supremo Maximus Gargantus will sell like hot cakes across the globe. The reasons for purchasing them will vary as will the reasons why people will not.

The harsh reality is that Skinnies do not sell (at this time) in the commercial quantities required to invest in a new release (let alone retain some of the old ones). They have left it to the Distributors to play with Skinnies and fund it themselves. There hasn't been a rush.

The Cohiba LE was a safe bet = maximum ROI and a likely quick stock turnover. I don't begrudge them that.

What I would like is a little.....just a little adventure in the decision making. bring on the Cohiba LE's or 58/60 gauge.....but throw out one super premium (and that is what they would do ) such as a RA Lancero. Do so at a 1/3 the quantity as a trial.

• Like 1

In my humble opinion a good/great cigar is a good/great cigar and if the flavour/balance complexity is there then Kudos. I have only had half a dozen of these and found them to be excellent.

However will I go deep? Personally no. I don't like the gauge. I will continue to reach for a mag 46/Siglo IV/898/Boli PC/Especial etc because that is what I like to smoke myself.

We all know that if they nail the blend and get consistency right the Cohiba Supremo Maximus Gargantus will sell like hot cakes across the globe. The reasons for purchasing them will vary as will the reasons why people will not.

The harsh reality is that Skinnies do not sell (at this time) in the commercial quantities required to invest in a new release (let alone retain some of the old ones). They have left it to the Distributors to play with Skinnies and fund it themselves. There hasn't been a rush.

The Cohiba LE was a safe bet = maximum ROI and a likely quick stock turnover. I don't begrudge them that.

What I would like is a little.....just a little adventure in the decision making. bring on the Cohiba LE's or 58/60 gauge.....but throw out one super premium (and that is what they would do ) such as a RA Lancero. Do so at a 1/3 the quantity as a trial.

I don't think consistency or "nailing" the blend will make a lick of difference. They can taste like swere rat droppings and they will sell out FAST. Like you said....for a variety of reasons.

People will like the taste

People will think they like the taste because they are "supposed to"

People will think they like the taste because it is lousy to spend that much onm something and not enjoy it.

People will buy for investment

People will buy as gifts

People will buy just because they are Cohiba

People will buy for whatever other reason.....People will buy.

• Like 3

Until people start voting with their freaking wallets and stop buying this stuff, nothing is going to change.

I am putting a stake in the ground personally and will not even touch a single stick. I do not support this shite.

• Like 2