Your Personal Kryptonite

We are all spooked by something. There may be no rhyme nor reason to it but when you come across it/one, you just get the heebygeebies lookaround.gif

Now I am not spooked by much, not snakes, spiders, sharks etal. yet the other night I was walking past the TV on the way back from the BBQ with a platter of steak and I frose. There on the screen was my number one nemesis. Toni Collette. I am sure she is a nice person, but she freaks me out. She heads the list of two other things:

Aussies will remember Humphrey B Bear. For two years he use to come out of my wardrobe and strangle me each night. OK I was 5-6 years of age and it was a recurring dream...but I have never forgotten.

Last are Clowns. Any Clowns. Happy Clowns, Sad Clowns, Rodeo Clowns. They should ban them.

Humphrey....don't let that happy disposition fool you. Bastard.

post-4-0-99989700-1386287871_thumb.jpg

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peanuts.

I have an extremely severe allergy and I have to be extremely careful when eating certain types of food.

I carry epipens (adrenaline shots) everywhere I go and my last reaction several years ago was so bad that the one epipen didnt do enough and I had to be hospitalised. I now have to carry two.

The worst thing about it is that I love Indian food and I need to be careful as peanuts and almonds are used very frequently, the same goes for chinese and Thai. There's nothing more annoying than sitting down in a restaurant to find out I can only eat 1 or two dishes off the menu.

Your body reacts more violently every reaction you have and the anaphylaxis can easily kill you. Those with severe allergies should be careful not to exceed 3 reactions in a lifetime and I have had all three.

Even I smell of them my eyes start to water and my throat itches! Lol

It literally is my kryptonite lol.

WORMS

MICE

STEPPING ON POOP ON GRASS, STREET, ANYWHERE!!!! When I was a young kid, I was running around in the park without any shoes or slippers and stepped on a hot, fresh, ****. Got in betweeen my toes and everything. Still get goose bumps thinking of it.

We are all spooked by something. There may be no rhyme nor reason to it but when you come across it/one, you just get the heebygeebies lookaround.gif

There on the screen was my number one nemesis. Toni Collette. I am sure she is a nice person, but she freaks me out.

+ 1 for Toni Collette. She's starting to morph into a hybrid human crossed with an ape IMO. ;)

Ok, as for myself... Rob, you opened this can of worms.....

What freaks me out, I don't know why and I apologise in advance for anyone this may offend but I'm merely answering a question:

Midgets and Carney folk. Don't ask me why, I can't tell you, but Midgets especially.lookaround.gifunsure.png

You are not alone, Excellency. There is actually a name for it. Coulrophobia- Fear of clowns. The balloon twisting bastards stalk my dreams and fill me with dread. Aside from that, I fear nothing. Well, maybe those alien tentacle insect things that crawl up your nose and feed on your brain. Oh, and those tiny fish that squiggle up the old champ when you are swimming in those South American rivers. Damn! Now I won't be able to sleep tonight.

I need a drink.

Heights - on a steep edge of a building, cliff etc. But not aircraft where you have no visual connection to the ground.

Also, long grass - the fear of the hidden snake. I had a run-in with a big fat brown snake wound around a washing line pole next to long grass when I was a kid.

And last of all, tow-bars! I saw a lady walk into one and fracture her shin when I was very young at an Ambulance driver's Christmas party that my uncle Jack the Ambulance driver took me to. Now I'm really wary of anyone running or walking close behind cars.

My god this is funny to read some of the posts rotfl.gif

Mine is flying cockaroaches....absolutely hate them, they always seem to fly straight for your hair and they are huge. yak

WTF is a flying cockroach!! I may never sleep again. Thanks a lot.

Actual Kryptonite

Scorpions! Scorpions are natures F'd up combination of lobsters, spiders, wasps and nightmares!