Your Personal Kryptonite

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another vote for poisonous spiders. Had several black widows in my garage just prior to moving out of my old house. Not a fun experience and it made me super paranoid. There were brown widows in the mail box as well. You can believe me when I say I was tripping out... Ha ha. I'm not too phased by non poisonous spiders though.

Heights would be the other instigator of terror... And the Kardashians.... Bwahahahahahahahha!

Sent from my mind using telekinesis and Tapatalk.

For one of our college class assignments we were told to find our foreign national students and ask them what their definition of "Hell" was. This was for Religion Around The World class we were required to take. One thing we found was people universally describe Hell as being full of what bugs THEM in particular. The women from the Middle East had the same icky feelings as women & people here in the West; what is Hell like? And they said in their still decipherable accents, "It's got snakes and spiders in it!"

I tell ya I could never set foot on OZ with all that pestilence you have there. On the other hand my brothers had big snakes (boas, pythons) for pets when we were kids. One of the 8 footers got loose in our house for 3 months! We just thought it was "nature" and cool. Don't ask me why.

We read about this stuff in the paper now and folks getting charged by the police for it!

Wait a tick. Kryptonite is something that makes you weak, per the Superman story. It's not something that scares you or freaks you out. So, it's not something that drives a massive phobia; it's something that makes you powerless and vulnerable. Right?

So, in that light, my only real Kryptonite is gorgeous red heads. I'm a sucker for them. God how they turn me into a babbling fool. That's how my wife snagged me. Walked over to me, batted the eyelashes over her green eyes, tossed the red hair, and then BLAMMO! I was done for. Yup, gorgeous red heads absolutely make me powerless and vulnerable. I suppose goregous blondes or brunettes would be some form of lesser Kryptonite, but those red heads are some sort of industrial strength version.

As far as phobias or things that just make me all itchy... spiders. Yup. I have a kill-on-site policy for any spider in the house. Bugs are generally iritating, but I don't normally go out of my way to smash just any bug. Spiders, though... yeah, I'll go out of my way to smash them. Because they creep me out that much.

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

I cannot believe everyone has stuck to land based animals and insects!!!!

SHARKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is scarier than being in the vast ocean with the knowledge that a 1,000 pound killing machine can just swim up front underneath you and that's all she wrote . . .? sad.png

This is why I don't go in the ocean, unless it's clear water and then I still only go in up to my knees.

What is scarier than being in the vast ocean with the knowledge that a 1,000 pound killing machine can just swim up front underneath you and that's all she wrote . . .? sad.png

This is why I don't go in the ocean, unless it's clear water and then I still only go in up to my knees.

You'll just love this clip -

peace.gif

Oh God. And there was me thinking you're all a bunch of *******.

My idea of hell is being in the middle of the deep, deep ocean with no land or anything else in sight. All I can imagine is an entire universe of bitey things underneath me, just queueing up for an arm or a leg. I think it stems from seeing this when I was a nipper:

jaws1_zpsac45e83d.jpeg

Zips on trousers….I was about 8 and got "it" caught in one and had to go to hospital to get it disconnected. To this day I always double check before doing up my trouser zip!!!

That any Sneaky Snake from an Irish kids TV show called Wanderly Wagon….My older brothers used to sneak up behind the couch when i'd be happily be watching kids tv and put a fez on a rugby ball and start hissing, scared the **** out of me every time!

images_zps60fe5a82.jpg

Bees/Wasps...got stung on the chin 24yrs ago and had to be rushed to hospital looking like a swollen mutant...

Have been stung since with no reaction but still have an epi pen around just in case....

Yup, same scenario here...I haven't been stung since though.

Solids in my liquids. Orange juice pulp for one thing, or any kind of floatie.

I won't have anything to do with a drink that has had a floatie in it.

Sediment in beer is ok though.

Rats. Yuck.

Rodents in general give me a bit of the heebee geebees, but the big nasty yellow toothed, bald tailed buggers that my cats used to get into it with when I lived on the west coast.

Now I live in the largest rat free inhabitable landmass on the planet.

Bless the Alberta rat patrol and all they do

Heights. Not planes but where I don't feel secure I suppose. Another would be ghost shows. Those shows whether it be a documentary or ghost hunting. I love them and find them fascinating but can't watch because I then get freaked out and sleep with the lights on for a week with a loaded glock 23 and Bennelli m4 beside the bed. Don't know why I think those would be useful against ghosts.

Well speaking for myself snakes don't bother me, although I wouldn't want a poisonous one around me. As for spiders - yes, if they are the size of a '64 Buick heebee jeebies are mine. But I will relate to you all that when I was living and working in Atlanta, GA I looked at and focused on the very corners of my floor and saw a spider web or two. Getting ready to go and send them to that Big Web In The Sky, I looked closer...and saw ALL THOSE tiny little insects, flying and otherwise, caught in their webs. Insects I reasoned that could have flown in my ear, in my mouth, etc. while sleeping. I thought about it for a minute and determined that they were "earning their keep" here in my room, and I left them in tact. Again, they were reasonably small. I HATE big waterbug cockroaches, FLIES, skeeters, wasps, and hornets. But I keep in mind God made them for a reason. So I just swallow hard, keep an accepting state of mind (with GREAT difficulty), and am prepared to answer to my Maker when I arrive before Him about some of His creation I've returned to Him...in fact I thank Him for "delivering them into my hand" when they're in forbidden territory - my humble abode. My 2 cents