Your Personal Kryptonite

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't stand cockroaches. There is just something really creepy about an insect that can live without it's head for days. You smash them and they keep coming! SE Asia has a ton of them too. Just gave myself the shivers...

Another is needles.

1. Swimming in Lakes/ponds: I am extremely uncomfortable with swimming in water that I cannot see through. I grew up an avid swimmer and did much competitive swimming, but I hate...hate...hate swimming in water I cannot see through.

2. Finger nails: Anything to do with them. It's more about them being injured. It's to the point that my wife yells at me to cut my fingernails and toenails, because I hate it.

3. Loose teeth: I was playing baseball inside on a rainy day (high school). A teammate slide under me, his face down, and I landed on his head. He broke his mandible and lost about 8 teeth. I'll never forgot the sight when I got off of him and he rolled over with blood everywhere and teeth everywhere. I can't deal with loose/bloody teeth ever since......and my kids remind me of it often.

Not a personal one, but I have a mate called Larry. Brick sh*thouse of an ex-rugby player, not the kind of bloke you'd want want to run into into in a dark alley on the wrong night.

He has two things that make him squeal like a girl:

- Buttons. Not all buttons - just ones that are hanging by a thread.

- Peas. Common or garden peas. (Be sure to carry a pack before going into dark alleys.)

Ventriloquist dolls-I always expect one to come to life and hack me to pieces.My other peeve is this large RG cigar craze.7 x 70's are starting to pop up with more regularity.

1. Swimming in Lakes/ponds: I am extremely uncomfortable with swimming in water that I cannot see through. I grew up an avid swimmer and did much competitive swimming, but I hate...hate...hate swimming in water I cannot see through.

2. Finger nails: Anything to do with them. It's more about them being injured. It's to the point that my wife yells at me to cut my fingernails and toenails, because I hate it.

3. Loose teeth: I was playing baseball inside on a rainy day (high school). A teammate slide under me, his face down, and I landed on his head. He broke his mandible and lost about 8 teeth. I'll never forgot the sight when I got off of him and he rolled over with blood everywhere and teeth everywhere. I can't deal with loose/bloody teeth ever since......and my kids remind me of it often.

**** man.. group hug.

Spiders! Which is why I don't want to go to Australia!

Why!? Just because they have the kind of insect life that can LOOK at ya and kill ya? LoL. I could never go because I would never survive the trip - 22 hours worth of flight?? no.gif As one American comedian once put it; "There are planets in our solar system closer to us than Australia!"

• 2 weeks later...

Wasps!!! These buggers scare the crap out of me!

post-19285-0-39918100-1388371174_thumb.j

Where I live we would call that a yellow jacket. Those things attack in swarms and kill people down here. They live in the ground. Back in the summer, a man was blowing off his driveway and yard and pissed off a swarm and they attacked him just outside his front door. He died in his wife's arms a few minutes later from suffocation. I've had them chase me off a tractor a couple of times. Let that thing keep going without me on it.

I am now afraid of that too

Where I live we would call that a yellow jacket. Those things attack in swarms and kill people down here. They live in the ground. Back in the summer, a man was blowing off his driveway and yard and pissed off a swarm and they attacked him just outside his front door. He died in his wife's arms a few minutes later from suffocation. I've had them chase me off a tractor a couple of times. Let that thing keep going without me on it.