Your Personal Kryptonite

Where I live we would call that a yellow jacket. Those things attack in swarms and kill people down here. They live in the ground. Back in the summer, a man was blowing off his driveway and yard and pissed off a swarm and they attacked him just outside his front door. He died in his wife's arms a few minutes later from suffocation. I've had them chase me off a tractor a couple of times. Let that thing keep going without me on it.

Do you get hornets? Bees and wasps here normally live and let live bit hornets actively seek/hunt. Haven't seen or heard of them around here for over a decade though now

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you get hornets? Bees and wasps here normally live and let live bit hornets actively seek/hunt. Haven't seen or heard of them around here for over a decade though now

We have those, too. They're mean, but not as mean as a pissed off yellow jacket. At least with hornets,you can see their huge nests hanging from tree limbs and the like. Yellow jacket nests are in the ground and you don't realize you've pissed them off until you've gone past the nest and they attack you from behind. By the time you realize what's going on, it's usually too late to avoid them. A lawn mower or leaf blower or bush hog, etc will make them very mad.

Video shots / tv shows / etc. of surgeries. Specifically, of scapels slicing through skin and flesh, and/or of stiches being sutured through.

I don't mind blood or guts at all. Seen more than my fair share of it. Doesn't bother me, and with Erin being a nurse, we can even talk about it over dinner without grossing each other out (we've had to learn, however, to not discuss it over dinner in front of the kids or with company over, LOL).

But, the scapel / stiches thing....

It just makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. Gives me a chill running up and down my spine, almost like chewing on tinfoil.

Peanuts.

I have an extremely severe allergy and I have to be extremely careful when eating certain types of food.

I carry epipens (adrenaline shots) everywhere I go and my last reaction several years ago was so bad that the one epipen didnt do enough and I had to be hospitalised. I now have to carry two.

The worst thing about it is that I love Indian food and I need to be careful as peanuts and almonds are used very frequently, the same goes for chinese and Thai. There's nothing more annoying than sitting down in a restaurant to find out I can only eat 1 or two dishes off the menu.

Your body reacts more violently every reaction you have and the anaphylaxis can easily kill you. Those with severe allergies should be careful not to exceed 3 reactions in a lifetime and I have had all three.

Even I smell of them my eyes start to water and my throat itches! Lol

It literally is my kryptonite lol.

You make a great point about the reactions getting more violent after each attack. A good friend of mine lost his 14 yr old son in October after a reaction to peanuts. He never had it so severe before and benadryl didn't help this time. :(

Bare feet

I went to jimmy buffet resturant in Las Vegas and they had tv's all over the place of him on stage in concert, so while I was eating dinner I happen to look up on the tv screen and all I saw were his bare feet!!! Nasty!!! I will never eat there again. Yuk!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Where I live we would call that a yellow jacket. Those things attack in swarms and kill people down here. They live in the ground. Back in the summer, a man was blowing off his driveway and yard and pissed off a swarm and they attacked him just outside his front door. He died in his wife's arms a few minutes later from suffocation. I've had them chase me off a tractor a couple of times. Let that thing keep going without me on it.

Aw mannnn!!! I've always wanted to visit Alabama. Now you've completely scared the crap out of me frown.gif

Aw mannnn!!! I've always wanted to visit Alabama. Now you've completely scared the crap out of me frown.gif

Come on down for a visit. Just keep looking over your shoulder and you'll be okay. forkyou.gif

Those that hate hornets/yellow jackets would absolutely hate the Japanese Giant Hornet. They are massive. Kill a hundred people or so a year!!

post-9032-0-56174600-1389582222_thumb.jp

Those that hate hornets/yellow jackets would absolutely hate the Japanese Giant Hornet. They are massive. Kill a hundred people or so a year!!

japanese-giant-hornet.jpg

Ouch!!

Small spaces. I'm incredibly claustrophobic. I refuse to enter an elevator. Prison scares me to death. I can't sit in the back seat of a coupe. My grandparents live on the 14 th floor of an apartment building and I take the stairs every time.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Wait a tick. Kryptonite is something that makes you weak, per the Superman story. It's not something that scares you or freaks you out. So, it's not something that drives a massive phobia; it's something that makes you powerless and vulnerable. Right?

So, in that light, my only real Kryptonite is gorgeous red heads. I'm a sucker for them. God how they turn me into a babbling fool. That's how my wife snagged me. Walked over to me, batted the eyelashes over her green eyes, tossed the red hair, and then BLAMMO! I was done for. Yup, gorgeous red heads absolutely make me powerless and vulnerable. I suppose goregous blondes or brunettes would be some form of lesser Kryptonite, but those red heads are some sort of industrial strength version.

As far as phobias or things that just make me all itchy... spiders. Yup. I have a kill-on-site policy for any spider in the house. Bugs are generally iritating, but I don't normally go out of my way to smash just any bug. Spiders, though... yeah, I'll go out of my way to smash them. Because they creep me out that much.

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

I second your first statement of this being about "kryptonite"....

I hate to sound terribly "cliche" when I say this but.... Cigars.. That's mine, and I'm sure many if you can agree... It's a hobby that I've spent a ton of money on, collected, and itch to purchase more and more.

So as I'm enjoying something that I know I've spent my hard earned money on time after time, I'm still thinking if the next box I'm going to get or the next cigar I'm promising to try.. But then again, aren't we all?

Schizophrenia freaks me out pretty bad. The thought that everything I hold as reality could suddenly change blows my mind. I had a grandmother that suffered from it and she literally looked possessed and devoid of a soul. It's probably my greatest fear that I might someday get the same disease.

Gotta with Snakes... Im a pretty big guy, 6'4 375... But if you want to see the fastest big guy ever, just let snake be near me...