Your last meal

This is a topic that comes up every so often on various cooking/travel shows (No Reservations, etc.). What would be the last meal that you would want to eat before passing on? For most of us, we don't know that a particular meal is going to be our last. It's always interesting to see what people choose. Some of us want a meal that reminds us of a special place or person in our lives. Several people choose something that their mother would cook when they were a child. Regardless, everyone has their reasons, but here's mine:

Caprese Salad

Ribeye Steak (medium rare) w/carmelized onions

Bottle of Caymus (California Cabernet)

Carrot Cake w/cream cheese frosting

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Home made Joe Poppers to start

Mixed Grill with mushroom sauce, mash potatos and many Bundaberg Rum Cans

Finish it up with a slab of Pavlova and a Pauls Iced Coffee

Cap it all off with a cigar, Prob a Monte Especial

Blood pudding with a cheese and charcuterie plate, followed by a lovely medium rare T-bone with a red wine/cheese sauce, maybe a bit of Kobe beef on the side of it, ok.gif and panacotta for dessert, and maybe an ice cream float. And copious amounts of white Russians. Followed by a Behike, with a side of dolphin, because what the heck, it's my last meal. *

...maybe start with the dolphin actually... don't know if they're awesome or horrible meat, and the last should be awesome. hungry.gif

*meal subject to change depending on time of day, and circumstances. Cigar, well, Behikes have always been kind to me as of yet. ;)

Pre Meal Spirit - Vesper Martini

Many Hofbrau Original Beers, A great bottle of Bordeaux or Cab, A great bottle of Shiraz and a Great bottle of Port

Pre Meal Snack - Movie Popcorn and a Cherry Coke

Appetizer - Fried Soft Shell Crab, Grilled Soft Shell Crab & mixed sushi pieces (Geisha Roll)

Mid Appetizer - Wild Mushroom, Black Truffle and Escargot Risotto along with some classically prepared Escargot

2nd Appetizer - Chicken Fried Steak with cream gravy with hand cut fries and poblano mashed potatoes, fried artichokes

2nd Mid Appetizer - Fried and Sauteed Crab Fingers and boiled steamed lobster claws

1st Entree - Prime Bone In Ribeye, Rare, Parmesan truffled grits, truffled fries, fois gras butter, Rock Lobster Tail

2nd Entree - Slow Smoked BBQ'd Beef Rib, onions & pickles with a jalapeno beef sausage ring, Ice Cold Big Red

Pre - Dessert Entree - Pan Fried Veal Cutlet served on top of a Belgium Waffle with syrup

Dessert 1- Creme Brulee Trio Honeycomb Creme Brulee, Vanilla & Marzipan Creme Brulee, Chocolate & Huckleberry Creme Brulee.

Chophouse Coffee

Dessert 2 - Mixed Sampler of Macaroons and a box of Caribbean Rum Balls

Chophouse Coffee

Dessert Finale - Buttermilk Pie

Chophouse Coffee

Cigars and Fresh Lime Daiquiris on the rocks

*Salmon sushi and Nigiri w/LOTS of Wasabi

*Rare marbled Ribeye steak, and I MEAN RARE - raw, bloody, and mooing

*Spiked, frothy whipping cream Egg Nog

*Plenty of 7-Up (or Sprite) pop to wash all that down

Seared fresh Foie Gras from Edouard Artzner in Strasbourg prepared with Mission figs and white port sauce over Rose Levy Beranbaum’s brioche toast points and a split of 1962 Château d'Yquem Sauternes.

Roasted beets with arugula and Le Cendrillon chèvre from La Maison Alexis de Portneuf, toasted Hammon's black walnuts and a sherry/walnut oil dressing.

She-crab soup with roe from 82 Queen Street in Charleston NC and a glass of Alsacien Domaine Weinbach Tokay Pinot Gris

Intermezzo of 1893 Veuve Clicquot champagne sorbet

Pound of fresh baked Alaskan Red King Crab legs, side of fettucinini Alfredo made with Stravecchio Parmigiano Reggiano. Glass of HdV Carneros Hyde Vineyard Chardonnay 2008.

Dry-aged Argentine bife de chorizo grilled medium rare from the parilla at Cabaña Las Lilas in Puerto Maderos along with their souffle potatoes (essentially puffy light potato chips full of air), roasted brussel sprouts with fried pork belly and Vidalia onions. Bottle of Shafer Hillside Select 2003.

Getting kind of full now so probably pass on the desserts, though I'd finish with a double Caffè macchiato made from Klatch's Brazil Yellow Bourbon, Sumatra Lake Tawar, and Ethiopian Natural blend before moving on the the Scotch and cigars.....

80oz Japanese Wagyu A5 steak and sushi from Sukiyabashi Jiro.

That's a lot of Wagyu! hungry.gif

Tough one but i think i would go with Wood oven Salmon with a nice oaky buttery chardonnay !

Top it up with some 23year old Ron zacappa and a HDM 2003 Edicion limitada !

Pre Meal Spirit - Vesper Martini

Many Hofbrau Original Beers, A great bottle of Bordeaux or Cab, A great bottle of Shiraz and a Great bottle of Port

Pre Meal Snack - Movie Popcorn and a Cherry Coke

Appetizer - Fried Soft Shell Crab, Grilled Soft Shell Crab & mixed sushi pieces (Geisha Roll)

Mid Appetizer - Wild Mushroom, Black Truffle and Escargot Risotto along with some classically prepared Escargot

2nd Appetizer - Chicken Fried Steak with cream gravy with hand cut fries and poblano mashed potatoes, fried artichokes

2nd Mid Appetizer - Fried and Sauteed Crab Fingers and boiled steamed lobster claws

1st Entree - Prime Bone In Ribeye, Rare, Parmesan truffled grits, truffled fries, fois gras butter, Rock Lobster Tail

2nd Entree - Slow Smoked BBQ'd Beef Rib, onions & pickles with a jalapeno beef sausage ring, Ice Cold Big Red

Pre - Dessert Entree - Pan Fried Veal Cutlet served on top of a Belgium Waffle with syrup

Dessert 1- Creme Brulee Trio Honeycomb Creme Brulee, Vanilla & Marzipan Creme Brulee, Chocolate & Huckleberry Creme Brulee.

Chophouse Coffee

Dessert 2 - Mixed Sampler of Macaroons and a box of Caribbean Rum Balls

Chophouse Coffee

Dessert Finale - Buttermilk Pie

Chophouse Coffee

Cigars and Fresh Lime Daiquiris on the rocks

What no unicorn steak?

Buffalo wings and with salted chilli spare ribs to start

Medium cooked porterhouse steak.

Triple cooked chunky chips

Dauphinoise potatoes.

Grilled asparagus.

Garlic green beans.

Pepper sauce.

Chocolate brownie with custard.

Siglo 6 gran reserva to finish!

Kobe Beef simply seared with salt and pepper as a dip and some char-grilled garlic cloves.

Wash it down with a Coopers or Little Creatures Pale Ale (aussie brews)

Followed up with a 2008 PSD4

Unfortunately Kobe costs almost as much as my IPAD, but was worth it [some of that cost may have been due to being about 50 stories high looking over the Tokyo cityscape]

post-9305-0-06154700-1378732060_thumb.jp

Kobe Beef simply seared with salt and pepper as a dip and some char-grilled garlic cloves.

Wash it down with a Coopers or Little Creatures Pale Ale (aussie brews)

Followed up with a 2008 PSD4

Unfortunately Kobe costs almost as much as my IPAD, but was worth it [some of that cost may have been due to being about 50 stories high looking over the Tokyo cityscape]

Yikes! Would you like some steak with your fat? confused.gifblink.png

I never understood the appeal of Kobe with so much fat. To me that looks like a big hunk of overly fatty, uncured prosciutto.

Now, being fatty, I'm sure it was delicious though. ;)

Rouladen with Spaetzle and sauteed Chanterelles washed down with a Viertele(250ml)of Lauffener Schwarzriesling,followed by a nice junk of Frankfurter Kranz and La Minita Coffee and Schwarzwälder Kirschwasser.Yum yum