Your last meal

Riesling with filet mignon????

Yes, if it's Lauffener Schwarzriesling produced in Lauffen am Neckar/Württemberg.That wine is so dark that it's almost black,very fruity and would go very well with a Filet Mignon.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for me, it would be my favorite dish, Ghromet Sabsi. Its a persian stew of basically mixed greens (parsley, basil, mint, ect) with red kidney beans and cubed beef on basmati rice.

I'd take lamb Barg with some Fesenjan and Tahdig personally.

With several pitchers of Doogh!

Man i'll pretty much eat anything when it comes to persian food. I'm hungry now

Personally I prefer beef barg (though i love lamb), rice with beautiful golden brown rice tadig and lavash tadig with a grilled tomato and green chili pepper. My other favorite is my mom's curry chicken yogurt stew which is amazing. Also love vegetable stuffed dolma and sour cabbage dolma as well. Come to think of it pretty much everything she makes all in one meal LOL!! Thing I love about ghormeh sabsi is that it is one of the few things that get's better as it gets left over hahaa.

+1 on the pitchers of dough, with lots of dill

Starters:

Dozen oysters on half-shell - Moon Shoals

Wine - 2009 Williams Selyem Hawk Hill Vineyard Chardonnay

Course 1

Honey Pistacio encrusted lamb chops with argula salad

Wine - 2007 Williams Selyem Precious Mountain Vineyard

Main Course

Bone-in Ribeye dryaged delivered/prepared by Mortons of Chicago. Asparagus Salad and twice bake potato

Wine - 2000 Ridge Montebello

Dessert

Texas Pecan Pie served with Vanilla Blue Bell Ice Cream

Wine - 1987 Kopke Vintage port

Dessert 2 - Mixed Cuban Cigars and Ardbeg 17 Scotch over the course of 4 hours or until passing out.

Personally I prefer beef barg (though i love lamb), rice with beautiful golden brown rice tadig and lavash tadig with a grilled tomato and green chili pepper. My other favorite is my mom's curry chicken yogurt stew which is amazing. Also love vegetable stuffed dolma and sour cabbage dolma as well. Come to think of it pretty much everything she makes all in one meal LOL!! Thing I love about ghormeh sabsi is that it is one of the few things that get's better as it gets left over hahaa.

+1 on the pitchers of dough, with lots of dill

Ghomet sabsi and fessenjoon is better the next day I agree! are you persian Ramon_cojones?

Any Abgoosht fans in the house???

yes yes and yes. my grandmother made the best...ok this thread is now a persian food festival lol